What Do You Make of it?

• Thread starter Raw Boned Youngster
  • Start date
R

Raw Boned Youngster

QCup Player
Mar 9, 2008
I have heard Mark Geyer make comments about 'something not right' at the Broncos and suggest that there is 'something going on behind the scenes' that is causing problems.

Phil Gould made similar comments last night.

Obviously our on field form isn't real sharp at the moment and comments tend to be made in times of adversity.

These guys obviously know something but aren't able to say it for whatever reason. Are we sitting on some sort of scandal or bombshell?

There may be nothing, but to me there just might be.

Geyer made similar comments in 2006. [icon_lol1.

IMO the way Gus said it last night was as if he was directly referring to something rather than just speculating, which worries me. He did say we would definitely be hearing more about it in the weeks to come. I hope he is wrong & we pick our act up!

I took it Gus meant the way we were playing.

Mark Oberhardt made a similar comment last week on 4BC, after commenting on the Gordon Nuttall / Talbot thing he then referred to Bennett and said something along the lines of if you believe the rumours there is plenty more to come and was referring to the Broncs.

There is a fair bit more scuttle getting around than usual but ATM I put it down to the usual rumour mongering when any successful oranisation hits a rough patch.

I'm sure it is all rumours for now. Sigh.

Dark times huh?

I have to say, our side now has to be one of the rawest sides on paper to date. It's no excuse of course.

Every team has good and bad times. Why is it every time we hit a patch of poor form so many people start to think the world is coming to an end? Yes Henjak has made some questionable and shoddy decisions, ditto Cullen, but I didn't hear this rubbish at the start of the season when we were actually playing quite well. The most of our problems then was our poor defence.

Everyone just take a deep breath and relax. In the previous 2 seasons we have had a drastic turnover of players (many of whom were established rep players) and we had our only coach of the past 20 years leave as well. We are playing ordinary football at the moment, but overall I don't think we're THAT bad considering we're starting to rebuild.

That said, Henjak does need to pull his finger out regarding the team selections he has made. I'd like to see him have more of a chance, but only if he has the balls to try something different.

I have had a bit of time away since my posts this morning and had the chance to try and put things in perspective and I came up with pretty much the same as scotty (good post btw scotty). We all seem to be caught up in the sky is falling mentality. Origin usually does stuff us around (not usually this badly though) but we have also had a huge turnover in players in the last three years. The test for Ivan will be whether he can lead us out of this. Too premature to call for his sacking. Just last year remember, but for the last minute, we could have been likely grand finalists. There is obviously a confidence and attitude problem in the team that has to be addressed and can only be addressed within the team.

I have no idea, but I don't think the bronco mangement really thought much of this season other than a write off. If they wanted to win this year we would have kept Hannant and Ennis. Now that would have likely hurt us later, but it would have made us much stronger this year.

My guess would be they are planning for a 2011/2 premiership, but who the hell knows.

I know that there is a huge problem between the players and the club, to cut a long story short the players feel they are being treated like kids.

About 3-4 weeks ago Langer, Locky, Thaiday and Hodges met over a few beers to discuss the form of the side etc. Bruno and Ivan found out about the drinks and the meeting and put them all on the mat.

Langer was put on a last warning (sacking) and the rest threatened with fines.

Dexter said:
I know that there is a huge problem between the players and the club, to cut a long story short the players feel they are being treated like kids.

About 3-4 weeks ago Langer, Locky, Thaiday and Hodges met over a few beers to discuss the form of the side etc. Bruno and Ivan found out about the drinks and the meeting and put them all on the mat.

Thanks for the info mate.

How do you know this though? eusa_think

Certainly woudn't surprise me if it was true.

I can't see how the Gordon Nuttall case would bother most Broncos players as 70% of them wouldn't have been at the club at the time of the extra payments... I would imagine the players aren't happy with the club after the way they have been treated. I heard the players weren't happy with the size of Clintons fine also..

ningnangnong said:
Dexter said:

Thanks for the info mate.

How do you know this though? eusa_think

Certainly woudn't surprise me if it was true.

Rather not name names, probably shouldn't have gobbed off, but it is accurate

Beads6 said:
I can't see how the Gordon Nuttall case would bother most Broncos players as 70% of them wouldn't have been at the club at the time of the extra payments... I would imagine the players aren't happy with the club after the way they have been treated. I heard the players weren't happy with the size of Clintons fine also..

And honestly, who could blame them? If you were to apply it in context to the work place, it's basically being fined 3 months salary for being caught speeding 2km/h over the limit. Absolutely the dumbest decision I have seen, a perfect illustration of Cullen's ineptness and also staggering in the sense that somebody here actually thought it was in some way fair or reasonable.

^^^ Clintons fine was not Cullen's decision solely, it was the Boards decision

Dexter - too late now that you have said it and you sound very confident. If this is the case - what is going on there? That sounds like senior players having a discussion about the team. Surely the club has no right to 'threaten' players with fines for THAT?!
Sounds iffy.

lockyer47 said:
Dexter - too late now that you have said it and you sound very confident. If this is the case - what is going on there? That sounds like senior players having a discussion about the team. Surely the club has no right to 'threaten' players with fines for THAT?!
Sounds iffy.

More to do with the consumption of alcohol. The club over stepping the mark in how they control things and treating the players like kids, producing the big stick to force compliance.

Dexter said:
lockyer47 said:
Sounds iffy.

More to do with the consumption of alcohol. The club over stepping the mark in how they control things and treating the players like kids, producing the big stick to force compliance.

what is wrong with sport in this country now, i own my own business, if a few of my employees got together outside work over a few beers and discussed how they can improve sales, i would be over the moon, even more so that i didnt initiate it!

Active Now

• mitch222
  • Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • bb_gun
  • broncs30
  • achievedrap
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Lozza
  • cento
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.