What do you think of tis player joining us....

Tired. Only had 2 coffees today so far. LOLZ

Guess you'll have to post-pone our usual wednesday afternoon kick-to-kick at the local park then? [icon_frown [icon_wink

I miss you pop.

CoxyBro said:

And 4 Icebreaks [icon_wink

Back to Poore would be a good aquisition but that won't happen now that WB is a Dragon. We are stuck with what we have and will need to bring some QCup talent through in 2009

Russo said:
CoxyBro said:

Back to Poore would be a good aquisition but that won't happen now that WB is a Dragon. We are stuck with what we have and will need to bring some QCup talent through in 2009

Who's looking good in the QCup talent stakes Russo? Got any names?

Thaiday needs to be converted into a prop over the off season. I recon we've got some second rower options we've jot got bugger all in the way of forwards. We should send kenny down to hang out with tallis at the bunnys and learn a bit of rip your head off mongrel... he's just a bit too "nice" at the moment.

That Ipswich Kiwi prop was pretty good in the QCup last year...Isaac Ahmau or whatever his name is. He also had a couple of games for us and was solid, do we still have him on our books?

His nickname is Frank the Tank...I don't think we want him.

mrslong said:
That Ipswich Kiwi prop was pretty good in the QCup last year...Isaac Ahmau or whatever his name is. He also had a couple of games for us and was solid, do we still have him on our books?

Sure do. But still, props are Kenny, Clinton, Ah Mau and Taylor. The rest are backrowers... and four props are nowhere near enough IMO.

Coxy appears to be in the process of reinventing himself.
Wecome to the new him.

That's because he is finally embracing his Kiwi blood - amazing what a win will do for your personality :-)

mick! said:
mrslong said:

Sure do. But still, props are Kenny, Clinton, Ah Mau and Taylor. The rest are backrowers... and four props are nowhere near enough IMO.

4 props, thats sad when you concider we'll need 2 starting and two on the bench, that leaves how many in reserves in case of injury???

Like i said expect to see a few second rowers line up at prop this year. I'd just bite the bullet now and shift at least one now so they have time to adjust, Thaiday seams the most obvious to me.... then um er... perhaps sims at least he's got some size to him.

Kingdom For A Heart said:
Russo said:
CoxyBro said:

Palmer Wapau (sic) from Rednecks has talent but injury prone, we have signed Aaron Swenney from Ipswich (but no idea how he goes), and I have a big wrap on young Josh Maguire from the U20 side.

Assassin said:
mick! said:
mrslong said:

4 props, thats sad when you concider we'll need 2 starting and two on the bench, that leaves how many in reserves in case of injury???

Like i said expect to see a few second rowers line up at prop this year. I'd just bite the bullet now and shift at least one now so they have time to adjust, Thaiday seams the most obvious to me.... then um er... perhaps sims at least he's got some size to him.

I agree, apart from Thaiday making an adjustment. I like to see him use his size and speed out wide.

I'd probably say if anyone has to make the adjustment it would be Sims. No doubt he needs to lift though. But if he hits the form of the start of 2008, and we have Clinton and Taylor starting with Sims and Kenny off the bench that will suit just fine icon_thumbs_u

Our backrowers pretty much play as props already. I mean, when was the last time Thaiday, Sims etc ran on the fringes?

Poore has a lot going for him but as has already been eluded to with Ryles gone he may get a pay rise and even more responsibility.

ethos said:
Our backrowers pretty much play as props already. I mean, when was the last time Thaiday, Sims etc ran on the fringes?

Second rowers don't have to run on the fringes. I know for a fact some clubs split there back rowers into 'hit-up' forwards and 'fringe' forwards and their trainng programs are structured accordingly.

Russo said:
Kingdom For A Heart said:
Russo said:
CoxyBro said:

Palmer Wapau (sic) from Rednecks has talent but injury prone, we have signed Aaron Swenney from Ipswich (but no idea how he goes), and I have a big wrap on young Josh Maguire from the U20 side.

Big Palmer would be wasted in the front row. He needs to be played in the back row and / or as an impact player.

I rate Sweeney. In my opinion he offers more then Ah Mau and I think he could really develop into a solid NRL player, not unlike Nick Kenny

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Midean
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Organix
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.