What do you think of tis player joining us....

I caught a qcup game of sweeneys this year and he did seam one of the best on the field. Expect to catch him off the bench this year I'd say.

Sweeney had an absolute blinder 2nd half for Ipswich in the Final, anyone remember it? He made a couple of 50m breaks, tackled like a beast and made bone shattering hitups. If he could bring that to an NRL game he'd be great. He got sent off a few times this year for being a thug though.

Actually I think that was the game I caught... yeah he was good, I remember at the time he looked ready for NRL. He has a bit of mongrel in him which we could do with.

mrslong said:
Sweeney had an absolute blinder 2nd half for Ipswich in the Final, anyone remember it? He made a couple of 50m breaks, tackled like a beast and made bone shattering hitups. If he could bring that to an NRL game he'd be great. He got sent off a few times this year for being a thug though.
YES! Excellent! That is exactly what our forward pack needs. Any idea of where I can read his profile?

He's younger than I thought which is good.

Every Ippy game I sat down to watch on the ABC last year it seemed he got sent off [icon_lol1.

BroncoMatt said:
Russo said:
Kingdom For A Heart said:
Russo said:
CoxyBro said:
Tired. Only had 2 coffees today so far. LOLZ

And 4 Icebreaks [icon_wink

Back to Poore would be a good aquisition but that won't happen now that WB is a Dragon. We are stuck with what we have and will need to bring some QCup talent through in 2009

Who's looking good in the QCup talent stakes Russo? Got any names?

Palmer Wapau (sic) from Rednecks has talent but injury prone, we have signed Aaron Swenney from Ipswich (but no idea how he goes), and I have a big wrap on young Josh Maguire from the U20 side.

Big Palmer would be wasted in the front row. He needs to be played in the back row and / or as an impact player.

I rate Sweeney. In my opinion he offers more then Ah Mau and I think he could really develop into a solid NRL player, not unlike Nick Kenny

Got a mate who knows Sweeney fairly well. From what I've seen, he definitely goes well out in the middle, plenty of mongrel and a good attitude on him IMO.

He is registered with us for next year but will undoubtedly remain in the Q-Cup for a while unless something big happens.

Russo said:
NPK said:
Russo said:
Palmer Wapau (sic)
I'm puzzled, what is the (sic) referring to?

Sic = not sure on spelling or spelling wrong

Actually means that while a word or phrase may appear strange or incorrect, it is intentionally written that way.

/end primary school lesson

Other extension of that is if you are making a direct quote of someone you can use [sic] to say "yeah I know it's stoopid what this n00b said, but I have to copy it directly because otherwise it's misrepresenting them".

CoxyBro said:
Other extension of that is if you are making a direct quote of someone you can use [sic] to say "yeah I know it's stoopid what this n00b said, but I have to copy it directly because otherwise it's misrepresenting them".

yup, like i said, intentionally weird or incorrect [icon_razz1

Yes, I was merely saying not necessarily intentional originally :P

CoxyBro said:
Yes, I was merely saying not necessarily intentional originally :P

ahh ok i see. partners in correct english and grammar. _woohoo_

Yes. And it's a great way to make someone on the interwebs feel inferior. Quote their post, riddle it with [sic]. ROFLGRAMMARSPELLINGFLAMES.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • kiwibronco
  • Astro
  • Cavalo
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dony Eliakim
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • Shane Tronc
  • Tmac
  • LittleDavey
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Alec
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.