What is happening at the Broncos?

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by lynx000, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Rep

On this day in 2009 Peter Wallace kicked a field goal to give us the win against guess who... The Cowboys

theshed, roo-ted and Morkel like this.
  2. Loved the days where we could beat those useless hicks.
    porouian and Allo like this.
  3. Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct NRL Captain

We may just have to wait until if/when one of our halfbacks coming through are ready.
  4. Horseheadsup

Horseheadsup NRL Player

What a team.(sigh..)
  5. Morkel

Cops a late, flying elbow to the face for his troubles too.

But it's only Thurston who gets hit late, right?

6. roo-ted

roo-ted QCup Player

Footy was so much better to watch back then
    Nashy likes this.
  7. kat00

kat00 NYC Player

First pay packet was $38.00, first pay rise $1.00 per week, albeit 40 years ago.
    Like footy players I only went to 3rd form hence why I dont feel sorry for them with their "Short Careers" poor bastards might have to get a real job at the end of their careers.
    The dumb ones piss it up against the wall and we are still supposed to feel sorry for them. Please!
  8. Huge

Huge NRL Captain

Yes, I know what you mean. My first pay was $28 dollars, in a little but thick paper yellow envelope. I quickly took some change from the cash register, 3 x 20 cent pieces to insert into the mechanical push pull smoke machine , boy did I ever feel like a man ! 16 years old, peach fuzz face and a smoke hanging from the working mans lips ha ha. That was 1974, the year of the flood. Heavy Hardware, Reids/ Cribb and Footes Ipswich.
    Far cry from the 230+ plus now ! If the average first grader works/plays for 6 years he should be close to set up for life. After all, you only need to buy a couple of big commercial sheds to virtually guarantee an income of a $1,000 a week for the rest of your life. You'd have them paid off in 4 years using your wage and the tenants rent.
  9. winslow_wong

winslow_wong State of Origin Rep

Buck the trend with Broncoshq financial services.
  10. mrslong

mrslong State of Origin Rep

Lol! It's cos I'm old. I don't post as much as I used to, the last 5 years I have only really been involved in the VRL side of BHQ. 5000 of my posts were before the world of Likes etc. Otherwise I'd have 5500 likes.
  11. I can't wait till we start seeing the commissions earned!
  12. Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex NRL Captain

I notice most in the "top group" are either staff members or "contributors"

13. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

14. I don't think anyone is to blame for the Corey Norman one except Corey Norman, tbh. He played like a massive pea heart when he was with us, same attitude as Boyd at the moment, except with 25% of the skill. We were all happy to see the back of him. Turns out he was a Five-Eighth, and a pretty good one.
    Number6 and Porthoz like this.
  15. Allo

Allo NRL Player

I didn’t want him gone. Sure he didn’t put in as often as he should’ve, and he was still a bit rough, but he got bounced around what felt like weekly, and as we’ve seen, someone like Corey doesn’t respond well to that. Now that attitude is a different discussion, but from late 2012-13, it should’ve been Norman and Hunt in the halves.
  16. Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex NRL Captain

That fucken tears it !!! No...no it fucken wouldn't.

Jesus...get a fucken grip!!

Peter Wallace was shit, you people are scraping the bottom of the barrell already. You're judging a players ability based on how less shitty they are than another. FMD!! How many premierships did we win with Peter fucken Wallace as halfback??

KNik has played in more grand finals than that red headed numpty......
    porouian, Black Philip, Nashy and 7 others like this.
  17. You're slipping mate. Expected you about 3 pages ago haha
    Nashy, Black Philip and Morkel like this.
  18. Quality meltdown.
    Nashy and Black Philip like this.
  19. Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex NRL Captain

I was trying to show some restraint.......but jesus christ some of the things I've read

You guys just kept pushing.....
  20. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

Post of the year, no one else even try.