What is happening at the Broncos?

Milford will slay at 5/8 as long as he has a competent halfback and his forwards are doing their job. Both of those things are currently a major issue at the Broncos and have been festering for a while, and unfortunately will continue to do so for a while before they're addressed.

Are you really a good player if you’re completely reliant on how good the players around you are?

Are you really a good player if you’re completely reliant on how good the players around you are?
Yes and no. A great player makes others look good but they can't do it all themselves.

This is an interesting comment, we also labelled Ben Hunt a bad learner because he never really improved his kicking game or game management all that much when he was with us, and now Milford is also suffering from a stagnation in development. In fact, has anyone really massively improved or added anything notable to their arsenal for us in the last 5 years? McCullough is essentially the same player he was 5 years ago, so is McGuire, so is Gillett, etc, etc..

Maybe we have poor teachers, is what I'm saying.

I think that there might be a fair bit of validity in this observation as well.

I'm almost certain all parties said this is what happened, or at least alluded to it when Taylor left.
This is about him taking the Titans offer this pre-season, when we supposedly were trying to bring him back, not about when he left.

Thing is, someone like Shane Perry would be an absolute godsend for us in 2018. Milf would thrive with someone like him in the side.

Panthers-told-Peter-Wallace-to-go-5938374.jpg

You can build a club around Milford too, he's got so much talent, probably more than most other halves. You just gotta use it the right way and he needs to want to play the way that suits him. Like others have said, he's being forced to play completely different to how he dominated back in '15. If you think about his second half of that year, it'sw better than anything Norman or Taylor ever showed so far.

Milf is looking like a one trick pony atm

because unlike the Titans ... Bennett was never going to give a million dollar contract to an unproven players, regardless how talented he is

Maybe we should have at least offered him birds money! Makes sense to me , bronco junior , queenslander and the type of player we are missing badly.

Maybe we should have at least offered him birds money! Makes sense to me , bronco junior , queenslander and the type of player we are missing badly.

we reportedly offered him similar money ... he turned it down for a million

I honestly don't get it. I am not going to point fingers or have a go at anyone but this is R1 of a long season. I get that it was a poor outing but sometimes you learn more from a loss at this point of a season then you would from a win. The boys now have to come together and learn from it. They have to have a long hard look at themselves and know they can be better, that they must be better for their club and for their teammates. I believe if the harness the agony of loss into self betterment we can go on to achieve anything.

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat". F. Scott Fitzgerald

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.