What is happening at the Broncos?

Because most of her posts would have been before the like system was implemented, so the ratio is skewed to newer posters who joined up or had the bulk of their posts after that date, which I think was like a year or two ago? Don't remember exactly.

Well that's fucked.

Thanks for the info though...but that doesn't seem right, given the ratio of some people's posts to likes ratio.

Mork, keep raging.

Obviously the fans aren't what's wrong with the joint.

Can I ask something off topic for a sec?

How can you have nearly six and a half thousand posts and only five hundred likes??

Same goes for a few others on here - only asking out of curiosity - how does that work?
Some of us have been here a long time, hell I've been here since 2004 prior to the forum upgrade and I know a few others like Nashy, Ning, gcbronco were here before I was.

Probably a bit early to say, considering, you know, they've never played in the same team together..

I think we need to calm down a bit. I chucked a bit of a wobbly about Lodge as I was pretty hungover on Friday but I think we need to stress less. People are writing Bird off as a failure and he's never even worn a Broncos jersey.

We don't know what plans Bennett has for him, and Milf was 35 minutes back from a shoulder reconstruction.

People were calling Milf a failure after round one in 15 and he went on to have a belting season.

We were obviously diabolical on Thursday night, but I fully expect a better perfomance on Friday.

Just be clear, I’m a big fan of Bird and see him as exactly the kind of attitude we need back at the club. In fact, a few days ago I made the prediction that he will be our next captain if he sticks around.

Some of us have been here a long time, hell I've been here since 2004 prior to the forum upgrade and I know a few others like Nashy, Ning, gcbronco were here before I was.

So did some people lose likes in the process or what?

Just see some out of whack post/ratio likes is all.

There wasn't a like function prior to the big forum upgrade in 2008, and as someone else said it only came in a few years ago.

Perhaps some people only post in the league sections of the forum so that's why some are seemingly skewed.

There was once a time when there was no likes, hence why some of the older members have a lot more posts than likes, a majority of them came before the system was implemented.

The real golden era of BHQ was when there was also dislikes, that was a blast. A golden era, but a very, very salty one.

There was once a time when there was no likes, hence why some of the older members have a lot more posts than likes, a majority of them came before the system was implemented.

The real golden era of BHQ was when there was also dislikes, that was a blast. A golden era, but a very, very salty one.
99% aimed at ap, who was infuriating but he did raise some good points at times.

Ps the real golden era was team list Tuesday with aeetee posting them before it was published. Everyone would hang out for them to see who got named even though most were obvious.

Good times.

I told Nashy a while ago, there is a good story here.

Don't sue me if I write it up one day.

(Egos might be bruised)

Not sure whats going on, but something is...
Corey Norman leaves, Parra build a club around him
Ash Taylor leaves, Titans build a club around him
Ben Hunt leaves, Dragons will now build a club around him

I get it, we can't see into the future and predict how these players will turn out, nor can we keep all of our players, but these are just 3 in recent time that come to mind.
All (in my opinion) have the potential to be future Origin stars..
Yet we have Niko, and Milf..somethings not right.

Why, why, why did we not go hard after Ash Taylor.
I was extremely disappointed when he left, but surely when you know Hunt is gone, and Taylor was coming off contract you would have thought we would have moved heaven and earth to bring him back home.
Yet we opted to spend close to a mill/yr on a center, and re sign Boyd to a multi year, high dollar contract.

Somethings not right

Not sure whats going on, but something is...
Corey Norman leaves, Parra build a club around him
Ash Taylor leaves, Titans build a club around him
Ben Hunt leaves, Dragons will now build a club around him

I get it, we can't see into the future and predict how these players will turn out, nor can we keep all of our players, but these are just 3 in recent time that come to mind.
All (in my opinion) have the potential to be future Origin stars..
Yet we have Niko, and Milf..somethings not right.

Why, why, why did we not go hard after Ash Taylor.
I was extremely disappointed when he left, but surely when you know Hunt is gone, and Taylor was coming off contract you would have thought we would have moved heaven and earth to bring him back home.
Yet we opted to spend close to a mill/yr on a center, and re sign Boyd to a multi year, high dollar contract.

Somethings not right

You can build a club around Milford too, he's got so much talent, probably more than most other halves. You just gotta use it the right way and he needs to want to play the way that suits him. Like others have said, he's being forced to play completely different to how he dominated back in '15. If you think about his second half of that year, it'sw better than anything Norman or Taylor ever showed so far.

I agree, Milford has an immense amount of talent he's a special player, but very inconsistent for me. When he is on, there's no one better to watch, but we don't see it often enough.
I acknowledge you need the boys up front doing their jobs properly for him to be able to do what he is naturally gifted at, but from what I wached on Thursday, there was nothing there. I recall a grubber meant for the in goal area thumping the back fence.. That is the type of stuff that needs fixing. Give away a couple of 7 tackle sets on Friday night against the Cowboys and it'll be twice as bad as Thursday night..
If we are happy to spend a mill on Milf, why aren't we getting the right boys up front for him? Wayne's had a few years back at the helm now, if he is trying to build a club around Milford you would have thought that things would have changed over the last couple of years.
As for Taylor, if he didn't play yesterday afternoon, there is no way the Titans come close to winning that match

I think the issue with Milf is we want him to be the halfback we dont have. We need to let him be a 5/8th and find a foil who will compliment him.

I think the issue with Milf is we want him to be the halfback we dont have. We need to let him be a 5/8th and find a foil who will compliment him.

Yeah, it's pretty much how I see it. I really think we should chase Sezer hard.
Note that I don't think Sezer is an origin level half or anything, but he's more than competent, and would let Milf play his natural game.

because unlike the Titans ... Bennett was never going to give a million dollar contract to an unproven players, regardless how talented he is

Sometimes paying an unproven player is a good option, if you can see the talent they have.

It's not looking like a bad choice for the Titans with Taylor & the Knights with Ponga so far.

Milf just isn't smart enough to run a team or create plays. He's purely off the cuff and will never be a half back. I think any half that can kick should be chased hard and then we need to decided whether we keep Milford or knik. Can't have both.

Milf just isn't smart enough to run a team or create plays. He's purely off the cuff and will never be a half back. I think any half that can kick should be chased hard and then we need to decided whether we keep Milford or knik. Can't have both.
Agree.

MiLFS natural instincts are to run the ball, not set up plays and steer the team around the park.
I agree with the crowd that say he should be fullback.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • Behold
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Mustafur
  • Financeguy
  • Swordfish
  • Dash
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.