What is happening at the Broncos?

I don't see Boyd or gillet winning a game for us with a clutch play or coming up with a Hail Mary game winner. They aren't the flashy type that'd go for it. As always I'm happy to eat my words.

Why can't you see them doing that when they already have?

I don't see Boyd or gillet winning a game for us with a clutch play or coming up with a Hail Mary game winner. They aren't the flashy type that'd go for it. As always I'm happy to eat my words.

Without even putting to much thought into it Gillett literally won us the game against the Titans last year by charging down the ball and putting Jimmy into space.

we must be watching a different Gillett if he tapered a couple of seasons ago

I see gillet more as a defensive player nowadays. And even then a lot of times his defence has been average in recent years, perhaps due to an injury but he is solid at best. He won't dominate a game

Without even putting to much thought into it Gillett literally won us the game against the Titans last year by charging down the ball and putting Jimmy into space.

Yeah I remember that game. We were lucky to beat a bog average titans team. It's been a tough couple of seasons for the broncos in my eyes.

I see gillet more as a defensive player nowadays. And even then a lot of times his defence has been average in recent years, perhaps due to an injury but he is solid at best. He won't dominate a game

Gillett lead the POTS votes on BHQ last year by a comfortable margin, are you calling us all stupid? :P

Gillett lead the POTS votes on BHQ last year by a comfortable margin, are you calling us all stupid? :P

He's good don't get me wrong. Just doesn't provide the spark I need. I do feel he doesn't get used the right way but that isn't his fault.

Yeah I remember that game. We were lucky to beat a bog average titans team. It's been a tough couple of seasons for the broncos in my eyes.
A tough couple of seasons? Get over the round 1 loss, seriously.

Imagine if you had to support the tigers, titans, warriors, eels, panthers, Souths, dragons, manly, Canberra, bulldogs or the knights. Because they're all the teams we have outperformed in the last "tough couple of seasons". Even the roosters missed the 8, our worst season in the last 3 years we came 5th. 5th!

The fact we haven't won a premiership in 12 years has nothing to do with what's currently happening at the club. Outside of the tigers in 2005, and the roosters in 2013 (who got it via the SBW nrl fan club) name a team that has won it in the last few years without a few years of "missed chances" like we've had in the years leading up to it. Premierships aren't won in 1 season, they are won with years of sustained success, and the last 3 years we have had that. I'm not saying we are going to win anything this year or the next but ffs we aren't doing much wrong, we have a bloody salary cap and tough choices are made. You think the storm wouldn't like to have kept Inglis and Cronk? What about Canberra keeping Pangai and Milford? The eels let go Gallen years ago. Every club makes mistakes or has players they don't outbid other clubs for, it's called the SALARY CAP. No one has a bloody crystal ball.

Stop listening to the Sydney media and make your own mind up. It pisses me off enough listening to their incessant bullshit, now I have to hear it on here, a bloody broncos fan website!

He's good don't get me wrong. Just doesn't provide the spark I need. I do feel he doesn't get used the right way but that isn't his fault.

Agree with you mate, his attacking game has been inconsistent for a few seasons. Lots of uncharacteristic mistakes, combos (Hunt) not working.

I hope they keep smashing us in the papers. Only going to do one thing IMO and that’s fire the boys up for a big game and hopefully a big season.

IF Wayne doesn't continue - Mal the perfect person to have at the club. Doubt it will eventuate....but one can dream.

I'll give you Roberts. Seeing him in full flight is special. The others are pretty meh at the moment.

I’m not even going to argue against this. Just watch these and tell me ‘people’ don’t think these guys have ‘x factor’ and want to see them...

Milf:

Oates:

Gillett:

And you can add Sammi even in his twilight years to that list if you like, because the Suncorp I go to damn near erupts every time his name is even mentioned...

IF Wayne doesn't continue - Mal the perfect person to have at the club. Doubt it will eventuate....but one can dream.

Canberra, the gift that keeps on giving.

No.

I’m not even going to argue against this. Just watch these and tell me ‘people’ don’t think these guys have ‘x factor’ and want to see them...

Milf:

Oates:

Gillett:

And you can add Sammi even in his twilight years to that list if you like, because the Suncorp I go to damn near erupts every time his name is even mentioned...

Thanks for the old footage. I even spotted Peter wallace in a broncos jersey. My original point was that our current squad has no potential immortals, no top tier elite anymore. not about who's popular and gets the most cheers. Sam Thaiday is a loveable larrikin but definitely not an elite player anymore. Key word there is "anymore". All those players you showed were awesome 2 years ago but at present they are not playing at the same level.

Last edited:
A tough couple of seasons? Get over the round 1 loss, seriously.

Imagine if you had to support the tigers, titans, warriors, eels, panthers, Souths, dragons, manly, Canberra, bulldogs or the knights. Because they're all the teams we have outperformed in the last "tough couple of seasons". Even the roosters missed the 8, our worst season in the last 3 years we came 5th. 5th!

The fact we haven't won a premiership in 12 years has nothing to do with what's currently happening at the club. Outside of the tigers in 2005, and the roosters in 2013 (who got it via the SBW nrl fan club) name a team that has won it in the last few years without a few years of "missed chances" like we've had in the years leading up to it. Premierships aren't won in 1 season, they are won with years of sustained success, and the last 3 years we have had that. I'm not saying we are going to win anything this year or the next but ffs we aren't doing much wrong, we have a bloody salary cap and tough choices are made. You think the storm wouldn't like to have kept Inglis and Cronk? What about Canberra keeping Pangai and Milford? The eels let go Gallen years ago. Every club makes mistakes or has players they don't outbid other clubs for, it's called the SALARY CAP. No one has a bloody crystal ball.

Stop listening to the Sydney media and make your own mind up. It pisses me off enough listening to their incessant bullshit, now I have to hear it on here, a bloody broncos fan website!

I'd hate to see you watching a game if you already get so angry over an Internet forum. How many TVs have you smashed?

I'm pretty sure I've made up my mind that broncos since 2nd half of 2016 to now have sucked overall regardless of where we finished. It's the way they play game after game nothing changes or improves. How many top 4 or even 6 teams have we beaten recently?

Last edited:
I'd hate to see you watching a game if you already get so angry over an Internet forum. How many TVs have you smashed?

I'm pretty sure I've made up my mind that broncos since 2nd half of 2016 to now have sucked overall regardless of where we finished. It's the way they play game after game nothing changes or improves. How many top 4 or even 6 teams have we beaten recently?

In 2015, we beat all of them (Roosters, Cowboys, Storm, Bulldogs, Sharks. Two of them twice (Roosters, Cowboys).

In 2016, we beat 3 of them (Storm, Raiders, Cowboys).

In 2017, we beat 3 of them (Roosters, Sharks, Sea Eagles).

That's not bad for a team that sucks.

What we have is a very good squad. One of the best in the league across the park. Our biggest problem has been our attitude. If we fix that and we find that ruthlessness that we had in 2015, we'll be a force to be reckoned with. That's the only thing holding us back.

The fact that we can still beat top 4 teams says quite a bit.

In 2015, we beat all of them (Roosters, Cowboys, Storm, Bulldogs, Sharks. Two of them twice (Roosters, Cowboys).

In 2016, we beat 3 of them (Storm, Raiders, Cowboys).

In 2017, we beat 3 of them (Roosters, Sharks, Sea Eagles).

That's not bad for a team that sucks.

What we have is a very good squad. One of the best in the league across the park. Our biggest problem has been our attitude. If we fix that and we find that ruthlessness that we had in 2015, we'll be a force to be reckoned with. That's the only thing holding us back.

The fact that we can still beat top 4 teams says quite a bit.

As negative as I have been in the last week I have to agree with you as far as the quality of our squad goes. You also make a good point about the attitude as well, for me that comes back to the leadership of the team. When Boyd is on his game and playing with purpose we can beat any team in the comp but when he has those days where he takes the soft option and lies on the ground complaining to the refs we play like a bottom eight team.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.