What, no Tiqiri resigns thread...

FCB BB AKA MB said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Scotty said:
What is it with people loving mediocre players on here? lol Darren Mapp was shit. Thank God I wasn't on here when Stu Kelly was playing, if I was I think I would have been pulling my hair out. Of course, if Bennett plays someone every week he MUST be good.... right? lolz

Haha wouldve been good to have u here at that stage, i was the only one that could see his retardedness and needed the support!

Mate! I was just as vocal as you were about Kelly. tbh i think there was maybe 4 of us, Stu, or Phoney McRingRing or Frank the tank, whatever his name was at the time too haha.

Ah yeah thats true i apologise!

[quote="The Rock":2kcodju1]

Exxxaactly.

Fact is, some people around here have tunnel vision. They can only see the value in players that score tries and make breaks, they cannot see the wider picture.

To put it simple - They do not understand the game of rugby league.
[/quote:2kcodju1]

Lol. Its hardly worth even replying to this retarded statement, but hey, ive got nothing else to do right now (cept work) so why not. Im all for hardworking players that hold teams together without being flashy. Maybe your tunnel vision also applies to posters on this forum and their views? I was a big fan of players that, while not flashy or prolific try scorers, held teams together. Players like Devere, campion, moore, larson, johnson etc im big fans of and have been vocal of that support.

Its tards like Kelly, McGuire, Minto, Meyers that not only are not flashy, but are sometimes a hindrance to have that i cant stand. Wow, they try 100% each game, but so could a dude in a wheelchair, doesnt mean he should be playing footy. The thing with those guys is, you could bring in any other player to replace them and you wouldnt notice they are gone (maybe a few less knock ons each match tho). The amount of times Kelly did something that was actually detrimental to the teams game was amazing, same with minto and meyers. They may as well have played for the other team!

and for the record, i always liked carlaw lol

QUEENSLANDER said:
Scotty said:
What is it with people loving mediocre players on here? lol Darren Mapp was shit. Thank God I wasn't on here when Stu Kelly was playing, if I was I think I would have been pulling my hair out. Of course, if Bennett plays someone every week he MUST be good.... right? lolz

Haha wouldve been good to have u here at that stage, i was the only one that could see his retardedness and needed the support!

I was not a fan of that dopey prick either. And I was here!

ok maybe "only one" was an exaggeration, perhaps, the only one that got banned for it was a better way to say it! haha

Probably because I was already banned.... that happened... heaps :-p

haha it was a weekly occurence back then wasnt it mate lol

Hang on. I forgot, when were we talking to you?

I agree with Jeb's comments as well. Pretty much sums it up for me and was quite balanced as well.

Jebadude said:
Scotty said:

What gets people worked up is when someone says that a player is completely useless when, even though they may not be superstars, they do add value to the team. Some of the biggest examples over the years:
David Stagg - made out to be useless, when in fact he was doing the hard work every game making 30+ tackles every time and providing good support play. No world beater, but deserving of his spot.

Casey McGuire - when starting the game, yeh, not so good, and played Origin and wasn't good at all. But just because he was not Origin standard, he apparently didn't deserve his spot in the team. He proved to be a valuable utility player off the bench, set up some good tries, scored a few himself, but just because he wasn't rep standard, he apparently sucked. Ridiculous.

Scott Minto - don't get me wrong here, I was pretty happy to see Minto go to North Qld, but in 2005 we were very very short on stocks on the wing and he did a solid job when filling in. His form in 2003-04 was pretty bad, but he recovered well in 2005 and played some good games for the Broncos, but the haters only looked at his form prior to that season instead of focussing on what he did well.

Shane Perry - this one is the biggest example of some ridiculous hatred that is totally unjustified. Fact is, in 2006, we had 2 players fighting for the halfback position - Shane Perry and Brett Seymour. Seymour was crap, and Perry filled in, and we won a Premiership. One we would not have won with Seymour at halfback (he got punted anyway). As a result, he got the first shot the first shot at halfback in 2007 and his form was poor, and everyone agreed that someone else should be given a go. But at least some people acknowledged that we owe a share of our 2006 success to Perry, and I know for a fact that the likes of Webcke, Civoniceva, Carroll and the other forwards greatly appreciated his presence on the field. I didn't read this, got it straight from the source. The arrogant ones around here just reckon he was always useless.

Dane Carlaw - 2005 form was very very very poor. Came back pretty well in 2006. But again, those that reckon they know everything reckon only look at his 2005 form. Why didn't they look at his form in 2006? Or better yet, his form prior to 2005 when he was being seen as the next Gorden Tallis, and had club and Origin performances to back up those claims. Obviously his form deteriorated over time, but again, the haters reckon he was always useless.

Stagg wasn't a stand out for us but he did do good clean up work and was also an 80minute player which is always a great attribute.
I was one of the only people on here who was backing Shane Perry when he copped so much shit. He often lacked basic vision you would expect for a halfback and would make dopey decisions from time to time as well. However he was great for us IMO in the lead up to the final in 06 so he probably deserves more respect on here.
I was a pretty big fan of McGuire too to be honest. Was a very good utility and solid player as well.

So while I hold my opinions about certain players, it doesn't mean I just slag off any player that doesn't play to rep standard. It's an opinion, doesn't mean I'm an "idiot".

Jebadude said:
Scotty said:
Dane Carlaw - 2005 form was very very very poor. Came back pretty well in 2006. But again, those that reckon they know everything reckon only look at his 2005 form. Why didn't they look at his form in 2006? Or better yet, his form prior to 2005 when he was being seen as the next Gorden Tallis, and had club and Origin performances to back up those claims. Obviously his form deteriorated over time, but again, the haters reckon he was always useless.

Black Pot. Is that you? Just like everyone else, you don't know everything either. And, I'm also going to stand out there and say that just because you talk to a couple of players, doesn't mean you do know everything.

And before you say it. I know you didn't ever say you knew everything. Neither did anyone else.

Anyway, while you, or Rocky think of a reply to me, please find attached a funny photo.

1238759303.jpg

That's right. It's a storm trooper in a Lotus.

they must be getting desperate if they are using a Lotus to plot the invasion of Earth.

Nashy said:
Jebadude said:
Scotty said:

Black Pot. Is that you? Just like everyone else, you don't know everything either. And, I'm also going to stand out there and say that just because you talk to a couple of players, doesn't mean you do know everything.

And before you say it. I know you didn't ever say you knew everything. Neither did anyone else.

That's right. It's a storm trooper in a Lotus.

Didnt you hear Nashy? Jeb is super best friends with Bennet and as such knows all the players personally and will not allow you to insult them whatsoever!

You didn't mind it back when you needed an autograph or two.

Nick Parfitt was the fullback you were talking about scotty.. Killed it at QCup level but just couldnt make the step up.

I'll throw Neil Wyatt into the mix as well..

and for the record, McGuire was your ideal bench player.... i thought he had massive value to the team. Could cover outside backs and halves, and was more than adequate coming on at hooker and the backrow.

Jebadude said:
You didn't mind it back when you needed an autograph or two.

1. I've never in my life had an autograph from Bennett.
2. The only forum member to activly get me an autograph from a player was Tracey with one from Minto.
3. I have had about 4 players sign a jersey, and it was done at the League Club where all fans could get them.

I do appreciate meeting the great man, but it still doesn't mean you know everything about every player.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ostin86
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.