What, no Tiqiri resigns thread...

F

forward_pass

QCup Player
Mar 12, 2008
You guys are slipping up this year.... [icon_drun

Was looking forward to a rewritten speil when I logged in this morning [icon_frown

Ben Cizilwoski signs with the broncos guys.

Darren Mapp, Stu Kelly.. there was a fullback too and I can't remember his name

The Rock said:
Ben Goes-back-ski.

That guy was a shocker LOLZ. Anyone else we can think of that were real shockers over the years? Or players that really didn't live up to their potential?

michael ryan

Scotty said:

Motu Tony?

Left after only being here a few weeks.

Karl filga? Isn't he the guy who cronulla paid 200k for.. LOLZ cronulla.

Bruno Cullen signs 10 year contract..................................................

I loved stuart kelly, stop bagging him!
His hair was good enough for me :)

The Rock said:
Scotty said:

Darren Mapp? Can't agree there. He was always a very solid performer. Got out there and done his job well. I thought he was quite good for us.

Mapp was abysmal. And Bennett always left him on the bench until the last 15 minutes, so he usually ended up with 5 runs for 35m about 10 tackles.

What is it with people loving mediocre players on here? lol Darren Mapp was shit. Thank God I wasn't on here when Stu Kelly was playing, if I was I think I would have been pulling my hair out. Of course, if Bennett plays someone every week he MUST be good.... right? lolz

Scotty said:
What is it with people loving mediocre players on here? lol Darren Mapp was shit. Thank God I wasn't on here when Stu Kelly was playing, if I was I think I would have been pulling my hair out. Of course, if Bennett plays someone every week he MUST be good.... right? lolz
Stuart kelly was awesome, almost on steve price's level icon_smile

Scotty said:

What gets people worked up is when someone says that a player is completely useless when, even though they may not be superstars, they do add value to the team. Some of the biggest examples over the years:
David Stagg - made out to be useless, when in fact he was doing the hard work every game making 30+ tackles every time and providing good support play. No world beater, but deserving of his spot.

Casey McGuire - when starting the game, yeh, not so good, and played Origin and wasn't good at all. But just because he was not Origin standard, he apparently didn't deserve his spot in the team. He proved to be a valuable utility player off the bench, set up some good tries, scored a few himself, but just because he wasn't rep standard, he apparently sucked. Ridiculous.

Scott Minto - don't get me wrong here, I was pretty happy to see Minto go to North Qld, but in 2005 we were very very short on stocks on the wing and he did a solid job when filling in. His form in 2003-04 was pretty bad, but he recovered well in 2005 and played some good games for the Broncos, but the haters only looked at his form prior to that season instead of focussing on what he did well.

Shane Perry - this one is the biggest example of some ridiculous hatred that is totally unjustified. Fact is, in 2006, we had 2 players fighting for the halfback position - Shane Perry and Brett Seymour. Seymour was crap, and Perry filled in, and we won a Premiership. One we would not have won with Seymour at halfback (he got punted anyway). As a result, he got the first shot the first shot at halfback in 2007 and his form was poor, and everyone agreed that someone else should be given a go. But at least some people acknowledged that we owe a share of our 2006 success to Perry, and I know for a fact that the likes of Webcke, Civoniceva, Carroll and the other forwards greatly appreciated his presence on the field. I didn't read this, got it straight from the source. The arrogant ones around here just reckon he was always useless.

Dane Carlaw - 2005 form was very very very poor. Came back pretty well in 2006. But again, those that reckon they know everything reckon only look at his 2005 form. Why didn't they look at his form in 2006? Or better yet, his form prior to 2005 when he was being seen as the next Gorden Tallis, and had club and Origin performances to back up those claims. Obviously his form deteriorated over time, but again, the haters reckon he was always useless.

Jebadude said:
Scotty said:

What gets people worked up is when someone says that a player is completely useless when, even though they may not be superstars, they do add value to the team. Some of the biggest examples over the years:
David Stagg - made out to be useless, when in fact he was doing the hard work every game making 30+ tackles every time and providing good support play. No world beater, but deserving of his spot.

Casey McGuire - when starting the game, yeh, not so good, and played Origin and wasn't good at all. But just because he was not Origin standard, he apparently didn't deserve his spot in the team. He proved to be a valuable utility player off the bench, set up some good tries, scored a few himself, but just because he wasn't rep standard, he apparently sucked. Ridiculous.

Scott Minto - don't get me wrong here, I was pretty happy to see Minto go to North Qld, but in 2005 we were very very short on stocks on the wing and he did a solid job when filling in. His form in 2003-04 was pretty bad, but he recovered well in 2005 and played some good games for the Broncos, but the haters only looked at his form prior to that season instead of focussing on what he did well.

Shane Perry - this one is the biggest example of some ridiculous hatred that is totally unjustified. Fact is, in 2006, we had 2 players fighting for the halfback position - Shane Perry and Brett Seymour. Seymour was crap, and Perry filled in, and we won a Premiership. One we would not have won with Seymour at halfback (he got punted anyway). As a result, he got the first shot the first shot at halfback in 2007 and his form was poor, and everyone agreed that someone else should be given a go. But at least some people acknowledged that we owe a share of our 2006 success to Perry, and I know for a fact that the likes of Webcke, Civoniceva, Carroll and the other forwards greatly appreciated his presence on the field. I didn't read this, got it straight from the source. The arrogant ones around here just reckon he was always useless.

Dane Carlaw - 2005 form was very very very poor. Came back pretty well in 2006. But again, those that reckon they know everything reckon only look at his 2005 form. Why didn't they look at his form in 2006? Or better yet, his form prior to 2005 when he was being seen as the next Gorden Tallis, and had club and Origin performances to back up those claims. Obviously his form deteriorated over time, but again, the haters reckon he was always useless.

Your best post ever Jeb icon_thumbs_u

The workers, clubs are built on the non-flashy players.

P.S. Fact 1- Perry is an NRL Premiership winning halfback
Fact 2- Carlaw gave QLD the shield, as single handed (barring the Immortals) as any player in Origin can.

Scotty said:

Haha wouldve been good to have u here at that stage, i was the only one that could see his retardedness and needed the support!

QUEENSLANDER said:
Scotty said:

Haha wouldve been good to have u here at that stage, i was the only one that could see his retardedness and needed the support!

Mate! I was just as vocal as you were about Kelly.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Scotty said:

NO!!!!!!

IIRC, you came onto the BHQ scene in 2004 when you did the Q-L-D for the first time. Fact is, people were calling for Kelly's head ever since he came to the Broncos in 2001, and especially in 2003. No way were you the only one who thought he was crap. So don't make yourself out to be a hero. Example just above - FCB was vocal about his Kelly hatred before you came along (and rightly so I admit, he was poor in 2003).

I think the period you are referring to is in 2005, when Kelly was playing Q-Cup and playing very well. The general vibe around the place was that Kelly would be a good call up when all of our good players are out playing Origin, on the basis of his fantastic Q-Cup form. Yet you didn't like the idea, even though you hadn't even watched him play that year. And I remember you trying to tell us that you'd watched every Q-Cup game on TV every week and therefore had seen Kelly play a few times, and then Mick burned you when he enlightened you that the Clydesdales were only on TV once at that point in time during the season. So you had no idea yet thought you knew everything.

How the hell do you guys remember all that. eusa_think

not exactly shit but random names i can think of:

Craig Grauff
Shane Duffy
Grant Graving
Bob Conway
Danny Bampton
Darren Burns

Active Now

• Spike
  • bb_gun
  • Bronx48
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BooKhaki
  • Hurrijo
  • theshed
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.