What would you have done?

• Thread starter bob the Smasher
  • Start date
Frank the Tank said:
im yet to see him throw one too. im yet to see hunt score 21 tries in a season though. i know which id rather have a player doing.

But you've just come out and said that Hunt has an equally bad passing and attacking kicking game as Folau.. which is just straight up wrong. In hunt's debut year he was the broncos leading try scorer, might not have been 21, but still a pretty good effort for a playmaking fullback.

I don't see why you are comparing Folau and Hunt, we have both of them and they are going to be playing different roles in our backline.

Frank the Tank said:
there was nothing special about the passes - the cutout was about a 4m pass, if that iirc, and the catch and pass was just that - a simple catch and pass. folau could do that if it was required of him, but most of the time hes too busy just running over people to score the try himself to do that.

Firstly, you don't KNOW that Folau could do that. You haven't seen it happen!

And secondly, the distance of the pass doesn't matter. If Hunt had held it up even slightly it would've allowed the defence to get to Kemp. If it had been slightly behind him, same result. If it had been too far in front, it would've been a Slater pass to the touchie.

It was PERFECT, and he had absolutely zero time to prepare for it. Quick catch and pass RIGHT on the chest. NOT easy to do.

If it was, why did your glory boy Slater, with oodles of time I might add, not manage to find Tate? Oh, that's right, because TATE stuffed up, not because Slater can't pass a ball to save himself.

And if that was only a 4m pass then that 9" wizza you think youv'e got is only about 4".

Coxy said:
Frank the Tank said:
there was nothing special about the passes - the cutout was about a 4m pass, if that iirc, and the catch and pass was just that - a simple catch and pass. folau could do that if it was required of him, but most of the time hes too busy just running over people to score the try himself to do that.

Firstly, you don't KNOW that Folau could do that. You haven't seen it happen!

And secondly, the distance of the pass doesn't matter. If Hunt had held it up even slightly it would've allowed the defence to get to Kemp. If it had been slightly behind him, same result. If it had been too far in front, it would've been a Slater pass to the touchie.

It was PERFECT, and he had absolutely zero time to prepare for it. Quick catch and pass RIGHT on the chest. NOT easy to do.

If it was, why did your glory boy Slater, with oodles of time I might add, not manage to find Tate? Oh, that's right, because TATE stuffed up, not because Slater can't pass a ball to save himself.
Hunts passing game is the best in the business!! I can't wait to see the Lockyer - Hunt - Folau combo next year, it's gonna be sweet!

Frank the Tank said:
mrslong said:
Hunts passing game is the best in the business!!
oh lordy, surely you cant be serious?
No my friend, it's you who can't be serious!

(I meant Hunt's passing game is the best in the buiness of a Fullback)

How about we all just wait till Falou actually pulls on a Broncos jersey before we start saying what he can and can't do.

Melbourne has a very different style of game. Melbourne don't move the ball much in the outside backs, when the Broncos do. As you said, Falou just runs over the top of people, or jumps over people, and that's what Melbourne want him to do. I don't think it's fair to compare him until he adapts to the Broncos style of game.

Frank the Tank said:
just watched it again and youre right, it was about 8-9m.
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. Frank is that a first for you

I know. But that wasnt the discussion. I was pointing out that we cant really compare Falou.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Lozza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.