What's the biggest "we dodged a bullet" in Broncos history?

i read about this, wasn't sure whether to believe it because i don't know whether assistants can just go off and hire people without running it past WB.

so he was either complicit in it, or even if he wasn't, brisbane were still one of the first to lead us down the wrestling path, which is kinda the opposite of what horseheadsup said (not having a go either btw, maybe you didn't know?).

Your version is more like I remember it. Nothing happens without WB's seal of approval. We were into it early......other fans like to remind us.

IMO, Bellamy took WB's idea to another level and Wayne didn't like it.

RE: Bruno Cullen. Fuckwit of the highest order. We definitely dodged a bullet the day he fucked off.

Peter Wallace also holds a spot in the shunt bullets category......

Corey Norman.

No seriously, he might be standing out in a team where he is surrounded by minnows but for nothing other than his piss poor attitude and work ethic, I've never been happier to see the back of a player. We're well rid of him.

Memory is a little hazy but basically, when WB let it known that he would leave Brisbane at the end of 2008, we naturally said righto we want Bellamy, he's the natural successor, and he's got family in bris that he's openly said he'd like to reunite with, so we're thinking ok we've got a pretty decent shot here, we're interested, he's interested, what could go wrong?

Our own arrogance, perhaps? Cullen left him sitting in a room for an hour or two while we ponsed around because we assumed signing was in the bag - Cullen eventually comes in and Bellamy says thanks but no thanks, given how we treated him.

It was Somerville and Cullen and I have never heard the kept waiting story. He met with them twice- Bellamy's take was that they were arrogant and thought they were better than the Storm. So he said stuff you I will stay and prove I don't need you.

Having said that; I remember Cullen and Sommerville staying on in Sydney post game to talk to Fordham and Fordham saying he's had probably six phone conversations with Cullen regarding Bellamy- not really the behaviour of arrogant people.

Last edited:
Les Davidson signing with the Sharks; if he'd stuck to his intention to sign with Broncos then Lazo probably doesn't come.

i read about this, wasn't sure whether to believe it because i don't know whether assistants can just go off and hire people without running it past WB.

so he was either complicit in it, or even if he wasn't, brisbane were still one of the first to lead us down the wrestling path, which is kinda the opposite of what horseheadsup said (not having a go either btw, maybe you didn't know?).

Bellamy showed lots of initiative at Brisbane, he got the club to spend $200,000 on League Analyser which no club had and now every club has- lot of money in the late 90s.

Bellamy showed lots of initiative at Brisbane, he got the club to spend $200,000 on League Analyser which no club had and now every club has- lot of money in the late 90s.
What's a League Analyser?

What's a League Analyser?

Computer program that you pay and then you can download and watch a specific aspect of play. If Hunt just wants to watch his kicks this year with JD he can. Other way to if Boyd wants to watch the kicks of Cleary this year before he plays the Panthers he can.

Broncos had it first and it pretty much stopped having to rewind and find things and change tapes. Every Club has it now and a computer room for players to watch with coaching staff. Clubs buy it now and have it for their Harold Mathews to NRL sides.

I was at an NRL club last week and a hooker was watching all his runs from the last game.

Computer program that you pay and then you can download and watch a specific aspect of play. If Hunt just wants to watch his kicks this year with JD he can. Other way to if Boyd wants to watch the kicks of Cleary this year before he plays the Panthers he can.

Broncos had it first and it pretty much stopped having to rewind and find things and change tapes. Every Club has it now and a computer room for players to watch with coaching staff. Clubs buy it now and have it for their Harold Mathews to NRL sides.

I was at an NRL club last week and a hooker was watching all his runs from the last game.

That cost them 200k?

Think about how much time it took you to find, say, all the short kicks by Hunt last year. Now do that with every player. With every run type, kick type, tackle, penalty, pass, and westward-facing fart.

Don't even try to go looking for the Eastward-Facing farts.

Think about how much time it took you to find, say, all the short kicks by Hunt last year. Now do that with every player. With every run type, kick type, tackle, penalty, pass, and westward-facing fart.

When you put it like that and considering the year when they got it.. I suppose the high price does make more sense.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Gaz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Tim K
  • Culhwch
  • Howie
  • Mpost
  • porouian
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Hurrijo
  • Redux
  • broncos4life
  • broncsgoat
  • broncoscope
  • BroncosMan
  • YeahNahMate
  • Redfern_1980
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.