What's the biggest "we dodged a bullet" in Broncos history?

I'm not sure how well known this is, but there was a rumour going around in 2012 the Brisbane Broncos were after Tim Simona.

Justin Poore was another player Brisbane wanted who didn't pan out and I don't think Leeson Ah Mau reached the heights many expected. I'm not sure if this is true, but the feeling was giving Isaak a shot would serve as a nice sweetener to bring in his younger brother.

Cameron Smith. (A fee year's back, not originally)
Would have been a panic buy. Would have obliterated our salary cap and we would've been in the same position as other desperate clubs.

Cameron Smith. (A fee year's back, not originally)
Would have been a panic buy. Would have obliterated our salary cap and we would've been in the same position as other desperate clubs.

I don't see how this is different to our apparent offer to Bird. The guy can play sure but isn't really what we need.

It was Somerville and Cullen and I have never heard the kept waiting story. He met with them twice- Bellamy's take was that they were arrogant and thought they were better than the Storm. So he said stuff you I will stay and prove I don't need you.
Well, between either of our stories there's the accusation of arrogance on our behalf - which still stands to reason that we fucked it up by playing too cool for school.

Who knows if it was a dodged bullet or not, but yeah...

Maybe Bellamy was a tad too precious?

Maybe Bellamy was a tad too precious?
possibly, but look where it ended up? henjak, then griffin as coach. rowing the boat out would've been a better alternative, wouldn't you agree?

Just went through and Liked all of the anti-cullen posts. Imagine if we were like the dragons and still had Cullen at the helm. I can't believe Doust is still in charge down there. Torture. I still rage when I think of Bruno Cullen, he is the reason we lost Wayne in the first place because of his stinkin pride.

Was there a time when we were looking at Sam Kasiano? He was playing at Norths Aspley wasn't he? Or am I getting mixed up with Mal trying to get him to align with QLD. Anyway, I don't think I'd like that diving fat cat playing for us.

1999, we worked our ass off to avoid the spoon and make the finals after an absolute dismal start to the season. Losing eight of our first 10 games with only a win and a draw to show for it at that stage.

Active Now

• porouian
  • Howie
  • Johnny92
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncoscope
  • BroncosMan
  • YeahNahMate
  • Redfern_1980
  • Redux
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Financeguy
  • bert_lifts
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.