Where are our exciting juniors?

Corey Allen is a gun, I'd be genuinely excited to see him on a wing in the first grade side should there be an injury to our backline or if Moga is pulled at some point and Kahu sent to centre or Oates go to backrow. I think he'll swap with Boyd a bit between wing and centre in the next few years.

If he's a real talent, we should be bringing him into the side at some point in the next year or so, similar to the Roosters with Mitchell or Manly with Turbo. Before **** clubs like...well, the Roosters or Manly, steal him from us.

If he's a real talent, we should be bringing him into the side at some point in the next year or so, similar to the Roosters with Mitchell or Manly with Turbo. Before **** clubs like...well, the Roosters or Manly, steal him from us.

If Broncos offered him a contract he'd stay

Clicked on that Payne Haas clip after the Corey Allan one. Its hilarious watching him run over some of those opposition players. Its such a mismatch.

Clicked on that Payne Haas clip after the Corey Allan one. Its hilarious watching him run over some of those opposition players. Its such a mismatch.

He almost goes looking for defenders to barrel over. Kinda works so you don't get tackled down low from the side/behind

You know, someone like Haas could give us an advantage with the commentators. Johns and Fittler get literal erections over big players.

You know, someone like Haas could give us an advantage with the commentators. Johns and Fittler get literal erections over big players.

Every game with Johns commentating is virtually him just getting his rocks off..

"Look at the thighs on him.. they're huge.."
"Wow, he's so big.. wouldn't wanna mess with him in a dark alley.. haha.."

Corey Allen is a Marsden SHS product that produced Cam Smith & Izzy Falou. Might be a shot at fullback next year if Boyd is moved to the halves.

It's no secret that after the class of '91 (Norman, Gagai, Kahu, Copley, Wallace, Baptiste) the Broncos dropped the ball with their recruitment. Take the class of '93 for example and only two players have emerged: Cam Cullen and Daniel Alvaro who I'm sure was apart of some experiment to clone Ben Hannant (I'll take a Tin Foil Hat Morkel). As a result, there were some issues with the production line which is why the Broncos were so awful in 2013 and why Ben Hunt's 2014 was so highly regarded. Make no mistake about it, the Broncos should have been just as bad if not worse than their 2013 counter-parts but Hunt's form was the difference in so many games.

Recently the Broncos have bucked the trend and personally I think the class of '94 (Oates, Nikorima, Opacic, Molo) and '95 (Taylor, Ofahengaue, Arrow, Pearson) have been considerable improvements over prior years. Admittedly '96 with J. Nikorima, Fai, Lavea, Alick, Brimson, Saitaua hasn't worked out but the jury is still out on players like Nikorima and Fai.

Apart of the problem has been injuries. Guys like Berwick, Byrnes, Lee, Alick & Te Rupe all suffered serious injuries that hampered their development. Unlike forwards, backs have a smaller window of opportunity and if they're suffering injuries that impact their ability to run it can spell the end of their chances.

There's been other issues along the way. The Broncos had the best junior coming through one year and he decided his faith was more important than the sport he played. Some of these things you can't really pick as a scout.

What ever happened to Berwick after his accident? Does anybody know how he got on or if he was ever able to walk again? I googled him last year trying to find something but there was nothing for years

Any chance we could see Boyd at halfback, Roberts at fullback, Kahu at right center than Allan on the wing next year and slowly nurture him into fullback like the roosters did with RTS?

What ever happened to Berwick after his accident? Does anybody know how he got on or if he was ever able to walk again? I googled him last year trying to find something but there was nothing for years

I know he's back at home but I'm not 100% sure how he's doing. I know Kodi nikorima is a mate of his

Any chance we could see Boyd at halfback, Roberts at fullback, Kahu at right center than Allan on the wing next year and slowly nurture him into fullback like the roosters did with RTS?

Hope so

I know he's back at home but I'm not 100% sure how he's doing. I know Kodi nikorima is a mate of his

Yeah rito. I stalked his facebook but it doesn't look like it's had any use or it's on private. Not sure if he had any other social media. He was going to be a beast. Such a tragedy

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • broncsgoat
  • broncoscope
  • Redfern_1980
  • FACTHUNT
  • Gaz
  • Redux
  • Sproj
  • porouian
  • broncos4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • Tim K
  • Johnny92
  • Culhwch
  • Howie
  • Mpost
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosMan
  • YeahNahMate
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.