Where are our exciting juniors?

We had Parcel (briefly at least) and Jake Granville too. Hook kept those benches very warm.

Am I the only one that's really really excited about the future of Tevita Pangai? He's going to be so good.
Nope, I'm also very excited about his prospects. He handled the step up to first grade extremely well and the future is bright for him.

Whoops, I forgot about Oates.

Really excited to keep an eye on Allen. I had heard mumbles about him but didn't realise he was this highly rated.

Any chance we could see Boyd at halfback, Roberts at fullback, Kahu at right center than Allan on the wing next year and slowly nurture him into fullback like the roosters did with RTS?

Da **** you moving the worlds best fullback to halfback, & a centre to fullback that has never played there before
If we need a halfback, just buy one or give a rookie a go. Don't go forcing multiple position changes to settle one position

Not a huge highlights video I'm afraid but here you go.

What was exciting was his top-range acceleration. Smaller guys like Milford have their best acceleration in the first few steps. Roberts has an excellent mid-range (5-10 metres) which allows him to hit top speed quite fast. But Allan seemed to have another gear going from 10 - 20 metres where he pulled away from those that looked to be on par with him.

As for Haas, I'd love to be proven wrong, but looks just like a million other islanders who have matured 2-3 years earlier than the rest of their age group.

I know you can't keep them all, and not vouching for the quality but the Storm NYC squad has nine straight out of Brisbane junior clubs.. mostly Easts. No surprise as they are a feeder, but maybe we need to wrestle that turf back from storm like we did by reclaiming Souths Logan from the raiders. Also a sprinkle of kids from around Toowoomba and Yepoon which I think we used to pick up in the past.

The feeder doesn't matter, it's the scouts finding and signing the talents. Our approach clearly sucks if other clubs are snatching up most of them when they've got half the budget and number of scouts that we do.

didnt broncos sign Payne Haas the other day, he is meant to be the best young forward coming through the ranks

I think you're flattering the Broncos as well johnny, I counted 15 in the media guide all from the Queensland Rugby League scene.

Granted, I believe the Broncos have the better prospect in most cases, but still it's tough to see a player like Beau Fermor kill it. He's a Dalby product and the Broncos could really use him in their backrow.

Still, I don't think the Broncos U/20s line-up is anything to sneeze at either.

Clicked on that Payne Haas clip after the Corey Allan one. Its hilarious watching him run over some of those opposition players. Its such a mismatch.
I can envision him being a real Payne in the Haas to opposition defenders in the near future.

Too soft, make him rewatch videos of Maranta in action on an endless cycle.

I'd love to see a Gif of him running to the corner but there's an inperceptible loop, so he keeps running and running but never gets there.

Do you still have a copy of that Maranta/Hodgo reaction pic @Morkel?

That was one of my favourite posts, next to Wall-P.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • porouian
  • Howie
  • Johnny92
  • Gaz
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncoscope
  • BroncosMan
  • YeahNahMate
  • Redfern_1980
  • Redux
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Financeguy
  • bert_lifts
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.