Where does the club go to from here...?

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Player
Oct 13, 2014
Id like to discuss options; fair dinkum reasonably debated and doable solutions to turn this club around before the end of the season.

A premiership title tilt is gone, likely a finals appearance now we have reduced games.

So....what "should" we do come round 5 and for the rest of the H&A season?

My first contribution was one I mad eon another thread; reach out to a select number of former premiership winners to come into the club for a number of weeks/months and start imbedding into the younger players what being a Bronco really means, what it took for them to win their premierships and the sacrifices and discipline needed for sustained success.

I champion this as a way to start changing the culture within the current playing group.

An experienced number 9 and dropping of the woefully under-performing players with mortgages on their positions despite playing horribly for a long time. It doesn’t even have to be wholesale. Just drop Boyd and Milford, that’s it. Give Oates a stint in the second-row and see if it helps him for a couple of weeks. The massive problem is left centre and hooker at the minute. Oh and holding the ball, make these guys hold a ball 24 hours a day for the next week and tackle them at random times throughout the day. Pretend to drive a truck at them out of nowhere even. They drop it, they pay a fine. Get back some of those big dollars these guys aren’t worth.

Completely agree with dropping Boyd and Milford. Who cares about their experience, it isn't helping, and neither of them are leaders to drag a side out of a mess like this. Dearden in and could Teo do much worse than Boyd?

Interesting...could Teo play left centre?

Covid means we can’t really do shit about this at the moment
There is no reserve grade to pick from, minimal coaches at the club and minimal staff contact. In reality the players are just lucky they don’t have to front the fans at the moment

We can’t really do anything with Seibold until we get all of Staggs, Pangai, Turpin and Fifita back. If he can’t get it done with a full strength team then we need to wipe our hands of him. I think Kevvie with Hodges as his assistant is best case scenario, but there’s a chance Kevvie tells the board to get fucked for how he’s been treated. I still think he loves the broncos so much that he’d take it on anyway.

good point about the crowds.....things would really ratchet up a few notches if there were people at Suncorp seeing this.....declining revenue through less people through the gates would really make the boards mind up in a hurry...

That pressure isn't there right now....is it a blessing in disguise..?...time will tell..?

We can’t really do anything with Seibold until we get all of Staggs, Pangai, Turpin and Fifita back. If he can’t get it done with a full strength team then we need to wipe our hands of him. I think Kevvie with Hodges as his assistant is best case scenario, but there’s a chance Kevvie tells the board to get fucked for how he’s been treated. I still think he loves the broncos so much that he’d take it on anyway.
He couldn't get it done with a full strength team last year. He couldn't get it done with Staggs and Turpin last week.

we need a coach that installs a proper on field work ethic and confidence with the man either side of them in defence. The biggest problem I see outside of the usual suspects (left side) is they just don’t seem to trust what the other guy is going to do, they are so out of sync and that’s down to drills and understanding. They need som fucking military grade training sessions bring them down a peg or two and build them back up again via repetition and accountability, I can’t see this coach ever doing that, he’s just one of the boys and He’s fucking full of it, it’s written all over his face.

madge or belly would have been fucking perfect for this team.

The only player with premiership winning experience in the squad is Darius. That is diabolical.

I said a couple of years ago they need to go out and recruit Jake Friend or someone like that. Someone with experience winning premierships, leading a team, working in a good defensive unit.

Is Ben Teo that type of player? Well, it's a step in the right direction - remains to be seen if he can keep the other boys accountable.

The only player with premiership winning experience in the squad is Darius. That is diabolical.

I said a couple of years ago they need to go out and recruit Jake Friend or someone like that. Someone with experience winning premierships, leading a team, working in a good defensive unit.

Is Ben Teo that type of player? Well, it's a step in the right direction - remains to be seen if he can keep the other boys accountable.
Given the rotten culture at the club, stemming from the top down; if you’re Ben Te’o, on minimum wage (or thereabouts), do you really feel it’s your job to take that responsibility on?

Players need to be accountable and the only way to do that is drop them and send a shot to the rest of the team.

Oates to the second row or **** off, leaning towards **** off.
Coates on the wing.
Drop Milford and bring in Dearden. Milford either learns from this and gets serrious about his career or ***** off, happy with either outcome.
Drop Boyd.
For the love of motherfucking god re-sign Fifita.

I preferred off the wall solutions like merging with the Titans to become the Trojan Horses or promoting Demas Wong to fulltime coach. They're a lot more amusing and it distracts you from reality.

It's tough medicine but we have to accept Milford is not a 5/8th and never will be, and there's nowhere left to hide Darius.

I have no idea what to do with Milford, maybe he's good enough as a bench impact player, but we have to give up the the fantasy that he's a misunderstood genius who can't be burdened with having to think beyond the first thing that pops into his head. We look rudderless because the bloke with his hand on the rudder doesn't have to steer the ship.

We can get by with Paix/Turpin and Croft if they're servicing a best-in-comp shot caller, but that's clearly not Milford. I would give up on that dream now. Drop him to the bench. Start testing other eggs in that basket.

The team is seriously lacking a leader. Who can you see giving a rousing speech, even if we did win a grand final?

Its really hard to know exactly what the issue is without being 'inside' the club, but it is still very clear that the root cause has not been addressed by the review.

It's tough medicine but we have to accept Milford is not a 5/8th and never will be, and there's nowhere left to hide Darius.

I have no idea what to do with Milford, maybe he's good enough as a bench impact player, but we have to give up the the fantasy that he's a misunderstood genius who can't be burdened with having to think beyond the first thing that pops into his head. We look rudderless because the bloke with his hand on the rudder doesn't have to steer the ship.

We can get by with Paix/Turpin and Croft if they're servicing a best-in-comp shot caller, but that's clearly not Milford. I would give up on that dream now. Drop him to the bench. Start testing other eggs in that basket.

Totally agree. You don't pay someone a million dollars on the off chance he might deliver a match-winning performance once or twice a season IF you are extremely lucky.

I preferred off the wall solutions like merging with the Titans to become the Trojan Horses or promoting Demas Wong to fulltime coach. They're a lot more amusing and it distracts you from reality.
Can we just get Kevvie in and have Tallis as his assistant. At least that way, I don’t have to listen to his spluttering idiot voice bashing us every day.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • LGH
  • Brocko
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • the_next
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • The Boss
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.