Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

T

Twbapony

QCup Player
Oct 8, 2019
Where to?

To the pokies
Since winnings don't count towards income, would pokies winning count towards the cap? Similar to the golf course, we could set up a poker machine with a link jackpot and get one of the guys to sit down there during the week and really clean up................................. Just a thought.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Offa is very one dimensional but Walters got the goods out of him for qld, he used him perfectly. This is one of the problems of not getting the replacement coach in before you do the clean out.
You're right, it is like putting the cart before the horse.

But in reality, it is what we have come to expect of the Broncos organisation this year [emoji2955]

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
Alright let's update it based on reports with Joffa, Bird, Boyd, Fifita all gone and Hunt coming in.

1. Milford
2. Walsh? / That kid that re-signed
3. Farnworth
4. Isaako
5. Coates
6. Staggs
7. Dearden
8. TPJ
9. Hunt
10. Lodge
11. Glenn (c)
12. Haas
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Flegler
16. Kennedy
17. Riki

18. Bullemor
19. Piakora
20. Croft

Obviously there will be a few more ins if the decks are being cleared. There must be some signings bubbling behind the scenes, surely.

Turpin?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

Another club I guess. I this day and age you need a dynamite hooker to be a contender, Turpin just doesn’t appear to be that kind of hooker and Paix isn’t ready yet and may never be. Hunt is a gun hooker but average halfback.

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
Another club I guess. I this day and age you need a dynamite hooker to be a contender, Turpin just doesn’t appear to be that kind of hooker and Paix isn’t ready yet and may never be. Hunt is a gun hooker but average halfback.

That's fair enough. I like your side but I get really apprehensive at the thought of Isaako in the centres.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Turpin has had a injury interrupted yeah tho, he hasn't had a consistent run of games to show anything this year.

I absolutely would take Hunt back to play nine.

Last edited:
Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
Offa is very one dimensional but Walters got the goods out of him for qld, he used him perfectly. This is one of the problems of not getting the replacement coach in before you do the clean out.

Offa is a solid floor-low ceiling type. Ive seen him play better than this for sure. He just isnt worth the salary he is on..

So yeh, be interesting to see how this develops? I can only assume if its not pure speculation then its cap related, which means we may have to tip in some salary filler to move him...

But im ok with him staying next year.

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
Alright let's update it based on reports with Joffa, Bird, Boyd, Fifita all gone and Hunt coming in.

1. Milford
2. Walsh? / That kid that re-signed
3. Farnworth
4. Isaako
5. Coates
6. Staggs
7. Dearden
8. TPJ
9. Hunt
10. Lodge
11. Glenn (c)
12. Haas
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Flegler
16. Kennedy
17. Riki

18. Bullemor
19. Piakora
20. Croft

Obviously there will be a few more ins if the decks are being cleared. There must be some signings bubbling behind the scenes, surely.

...i thought Alfie was number 20...?

Rico

Rico

QCup Player
Jun 4, 2016
He's wearing the Thiaday undershirt though mate, a clear sign you're in decline. He's not a $500k a year, long contract player IMO but fair point on the potential replacement considering options are thin. There have to be some decent pommy middles that are hungry and up for it.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Offa needs to find that hard edge to be worth his contract value. I think good coaching could get that.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
If players are getting tapped on the shoulder then obviously we already have our next coach picked because they wouldn’t be tapping them on the shoulders otherwise

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
He's wearing the Thiaday undershirt though mate, a clear sign you're in decline. He's not a $500k a year, long contract player IMO but fair point on the potential replacement considering options are thin. There have to be some decent pommy middles that are hungry and up for it.
Not even close too being worth his contract, we got duped into thinking he’ll kick on, that’s been happening a lot around here. 😩

HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
I am just imagining Ben Hunt showing up back at the Broncos, like a kid on his first day of school... Eager, ready and excited for a fresh start to overcome the horrors of the 2015 Grand Final which have played in his head for years. Decked out head to toe in Broncos gear, he walks in the doors of Red Hill with a beaming smile on his face and full of confidence and the first person he sees is....new coach Paul Green.
Hunt's face turns ashen... he begins trembling, then crying, then flees screaming in the opposite direction never to be heard from again.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Not even close too being worth his contract, we got duped into thinking he’ll kick on, that’s been happening a lot around here. 😩

Yes for sure. It makes you wonder what a competent coach could do with these guys though. There are a lot of blokes not worth their wage at the club and that is DEFINITELY on them to varying degrees but having a totally confusing coach can't be easy.

My concern is that if the club does a fire sale, they will need to be replaced still. So if the club gets rid of Joffa as an example AND chips in 50% of his wage at $250k, that only leaves $250k freed up to replace him. Now if you get a base wager to replace him as well which you need to do, it only leaves a saving of about $100-150k. What is the point?

The club should absolutely NOT cover ANY of Bird's wage. If they do I will be ropeable. The club needs to think carefully about how they go about this. I reckon some of these guys will improve out of sight next year if they get the right coach in.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Yes for sure. It makes you wonder what a competent coach could do with these guys though. There are a lot of blokes not worth their wage at the club and that is DEFINITELY on them to varying degrees but having a totally confusing coach can't be easy.

My concern is that if the club does a fire sale, they will need to be replaced still. So if the club gets rid of Joffa as an example AND chips in 50% of his wage at $250k, that only leaves $250k freed up to replace him. Now if you get a base wager to replace him as well which you need to do, it only leaves a saving of about $100-150k. What is the point?

The club should absolutely NOT cover ANY of Bird's wage. If they do I will be ropeable. The club needs to think carefully about how they go about this. I reckon some of these guys will improve out of sight next year if they get the right coach in.
Couldn’t agree more

Active Now

• thenry
  • winslow_wong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Lostboy
  • Strop
  • broncos4life
  • broncotville
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Manofoneway
  • Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • RodF
  • bazza
  • Galco
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.