Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

I know it’s all doom & gloom on here atm, but the Broncos are still a very attractive club for players.

are we attractive as a club to be successful at or just for an over-bloated pay day? Be it either with us or to use us as leverage to get a better deal where they actually want to go?

I know it’s all doom & gloom on here atm, but the Broncos are still a very attractive club for players.
Yes we still have appeal to some but for the Tier one players like keary, cleary, tedesco, munster etc. who are the sort of players we need to challenge for a title I just can't see them interested in coming over to us in the foreseeable future. This will be our biggest challenge going forward and I don't know how the club is going to deal with it.

Look...its good that plenty on here have a opinion on where we should be heading, who to resign, who to let go etc...

This whole thing starts OFF the field first...so forget about the players, get the head office sorted first...

And the first thing id ask is; do we want a CEO with business acumen OR do we want one with football experience?

Get this sorted out first

That way, the remainder of the board can be shaped aorund what type of visison the new CEO brings...

I agree with what a few others have said. There is simply a lack of high profile talent off contract. It is what it is but seems like we will have to wait 18-24 months to extend whatever warchest will be available.
I would go all in on Cameron Smith and give him a similar deal to what the Roosters did with Cronk. There is 0 possibility Storm let go of Grant. So this makes the most sense.
Give him 1.3m let him retire in his home city. Would add years of development and culture to the younger players that money simply couldn't buy

Was wondering how we would line up next year with no injuries.

1. Milf if we wanna keep him get a full pre season at fullback/ Jack Bird
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Bird
5. Coates
6. Paix (Give them a run this year IMO to see how they gel)/Croft
7. Dearden
8.Fleg
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Pangai
13.Carrigan
14.Luke
15. Joffa
16. Oates
17.Teo

Talking day to day. Not sitting on a board that meets monthly. This is a listed company. I’m honestly surprised at how He’s supposed to manage a $50m p.a plus business after hosting a tv program and a basic qrl role.

Okay, but it was said he has zero corporate experience and that simply isn’t true.

BUT, I don’t think he is the right guy for the job. Maybe a board member at our club if he has so much passion for it, let’s face it, he could hardly be worse than the current lot, but definitely not CEO.

If we go all out for a Keary or Smith, I wonder if the media will jump on the "It's best for the game if .... goes to the Broncos".
Or if we say offer Keary 1mill and the Roosters can only offer him 600k, if Kent would make a similar statement, saying the NRL would have to investigate the Rooster if he knocked the Broncos offer back (much like he did about Fifita's offer).

Ha, not in a million years..

Was wondering how we would line up next year with no injuries.

1. Milf if we wanna keep him get a full pre season at fullback/ Jack Bird
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Bird
5. Coates
6. Paix (Give them a run this year IMO to see how they gel)/Croft
7. Dearden
8.Fleg
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Pangai
13.Carrigan
14.Luke
15. Joffa
16. Oates
17.Teo
No lodge?

Having a look over the blokes on the free agent list I'd be targeting Aitken and JBrom.

I don't mind Will Kennedy from the Sharks but I think we'd probably be overpaying with no guarantee of a starting spot. Maybe Hopoate from Manly as a developing FB would be a better long term option or if we're desperate, Alex Johnston for a cut price deal provided he's happy on the wing and as cover for FB.

A fit Jake Friend would be an awesome signing but definitely don't see him leaving. Maybe we could tempt Lachlan Lam but I see similar upside in Paix.

I think 2021 will be another dud year to be honest. We have so much dead wood in this club that still is contracted until the end of 2021 that it will be hard to dig us out so soon. 2022 seems to be the year we should be able to go into the market but will likely be trying to hold onto Hass and a few others. I don't envy the people who's job it is to deal with this mess.

All I know is this club has to wake up and start throwing it's weight around and stop allowing itself to be a media wipping boy and NRL nursery just pumping out talent with no reward. NSWRL wanted the cap for one reason, so the Broncos would deteriorate. They got their wish, its time to fight back.

To an extent I think we need to follow the Raiders lead and stop investing so much into developing players. All that happens is we put all this effort and money into them only for media to pump them up and other clubs try to poach them so we either have to pay on potential or lose them. It’s fucking bullshit. The game should have put something in place a long time ago to reward the clubs that develop but they didn’t, so **** them. V’landys the dopey **** wants to expand Rugba leegue well have fun with that if more clubs stop developing players.

To be honest, I'm not too upset. Its only for one year, which is still going to be a rebuilding year while also waiting for Milford, Bird and a couple of others to finally be off the books. These guys need someone with plenty of experience around training.
As bad as it sounds it might actually be good to have a guy in rehab who takes his rehab seriously to influence others who keep missing their return dates.

I think Alex Johnston has been told to look elsewhere. He is a really good player and versatile. I’d be happy for him to get a crack at fullback if we lose bird and don’t sign anyone else. Not the cheapest player going around but wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg though.

I think Alex Johnston has been told to look elsewhere. He is a really good player and versatile. I’d be happy for him to get a crack at fullback if we lose bird and don’t sign anyone else. Not the cheapest player going around but wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg though.
I read somewhere today that they want to keep him after a backlash from members/fans.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.