Where to now for NSW

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Okay, so 5-0 and three games to blot in the latest series, where do NSW go from here.

I thought it was a much better performance last night and I think that a few things have been established for their squad next year:-
1. Gidley has to be on the bench and come on as the impact player.
2. Ben Creagh, Brett White, Josh Perry, Trent Watershouse, Matt Cooper should not get anywhere near the team in the future.
3. They must select four genuine prop forwards every game with the likely suspects being Weyman, Snowden, Douglas, Learoyd-Lahrs, Luke Douglas.
4. Greg Bird must be in the team, preferably at lock.
5. Gallen and Watmough should be in the squad.
6. Hayne should be at fullback.
7. They will have to stick with Pearce for the series next year (injury and drastic change in form permitting)
8. I am not sure about Scott's role at centre, he seems to inhibit their attack too much.

Unresolved issues:-
1. Who is to play five eighth - I have given up on Campese, I think it has to be Carney or Soward
2. Hooker - still not sold on Ennis
3. Centre combination.

1. I don't give a ****.
2. We will still be better than what they can put on the park.

Yeah, i'm sorry ... but i really couldn't give a rats what NSW do from here.

I hate them with a passion.

Well it seems like they'll be going for a new coach. Gus? Fittler? Stuart? Nathan Brown?

I don't think it really matters who they have, cause we will have Mal gunning for the 6 pack.

Gus will coach if, and only if, the NSWRL come crawling to him, begging him to "Save them".

Gus won't coach, he knows he has not go the cattle to win.

They should learn from us and pick an ex-Origin player who isn't tied to a fulltime job. Fittler or Stuart come to mind.

i dont give a shit what they do. pay the refs off even more is probably their only hope

Last night was a great performance. Our forwards really stood up and made a game of it. With Barret retiring, the only changes I'd make to the side is to draft in Jamie Soward, and replace Beau Scott with a true centre. The attack stalled every time the ball went to him last night.
Keep these guys together as long as possible. They showed last night that they can match a full strength Queensland outfit. With time to learn each other's game, they may even beat them.

dont expect to get 6 penalties in a row again tho, and without them, no chance

NSW have always had enough forwards to compete. Last night they not only competed, they dominated the QLD pack for 40 minutes. Yet still lost...sad.

But they should be more competitive next year if they keep cats like Creagh and Hindmarsh out of the team.

Coxy said:
Gus will coach if, and only if, the NSWRL come crawling to him, begging him to "Save them".
and Thurston, Lockyer, Inglis and 2 of our props are injured for the origin series.

Anonymous person said:
Coxy said:
and Thurston, Lockyer, Inglis and 2 of our props are injured for the origin series.
If this happens you are in big shit!

I can't believe all the people saying they don't care what NSW do. Seriously for Origin to really mean anything both teams need to be competitive. I really think that NSW have to keep the nucleus of last night's team together for at least the entire 2011 series.

New coach, new selectors and a plan.

And not Gould either. He's a drama queen with all this "I won't coach NSW with the current administration in charge". He's put his own agenda before the team so stuff him, he's not needed.

If they keep bellyache then tell him "we want this outcome and these are the players that will do it, now plan your series around them".

Fozz said:
New coach, new selectors and a plan.

And not Gould either. He's a drama queen with all this "I won't coach NSW with the current administration in charge". He's put his own agenda before the team so stuff him, he's not needed.

If they keep bellyache then tell him "we want this outcome and these are the players that will do it, now plan your series around them".

Disagree with Bellamy - I'm not saying change coach just for the sake of it - but NSW should be starting from the ground up. They haven't really had a plan in the last 5 yrs - I think it has to start next year.

Personally if I was NSW - I would put everything on the line for game 1 2011. Win that game in QLD and you're really putting some pressure on QLD for game 2 there.

so good tonight on the footy show... fitler was ranting on about how good nsw were last night etc etc and hindmarsh just said "yeah but mate, we lost, thats all that matters". then hindy argued that this team should be selected again next year and fatty butted in with "u guys said this last year, howd that go for u". lol classic

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Hurrijo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • The True King
  • BroncoFan94
  • Jazza
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • bazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • levikaden
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.