Where to now for NSW

dukey said:
Coxy said:
No, but surely as a group they would've come up with a justification for why they selected such and such. But as soon as he was given a hard question by one of the panel on Fox he just looked blankly and dumb and ummed and ahhed and repeated what he said earlier, that didn't answer the question.

Honestly, he's such a poor thinker on the fly he should become Julia Gillard's policy adviser.

Saying that he shouldn't be coach of NSW because he's been involved in a token way for the last few years is like trying to push Alfie as coach for the Australian side on the back of his water running. It's a very narrow argument.

Token way? He's been their mouthpiece (and nosepiece I suppose). You only need to hear how he commentates to see he has very little clue about how players are actually performing. He simply defaults to praising anyone from Parramatta, Dragons or Raiders, and being critical of anyone from Melbourne, Brisbane, North Queensland.

He's so blinded by his own bias. How could he possibly pick and coach a team? He has no clue.

I'd go as far to say that you and Rock would pick and coach a team better than Daley or Fittler.

Coxy said:
dukey said:
Coxy said:
No, but surely as a group they would've come up with a justification for why they selected such and such. But as soon as he was given a hard question by one of the panel on Fox he just looked blankly and dumb and ummed and ahhed and repeated what he said earlier, that didn't answer the question.

Honestly, he's such a poor thinker on the fly he should become Julia Gillard's policy adviser.

Saying that he shouldn't be coach of NSW because he's been involved in a token way for the last few years is like trying to push Alfie as coach for the Australian side on the back of his water running. It's a very narrow argument.

Token way? He's been their mouthpiece (and nosepiece I suppose). You only need to hear how he commentates to see he has very little clue about how players are actually performing. He simply defaults to praising anyone from Parramatta, Dragons or Raiders, and being critical of anyone from Melbourne, Brisbane, North Queensland.

He's so blinded by his own bias. How could he possibly pick and coach a team? He has no clue.

I'd go as far to say that you and Rock would pick and coach a team better than Daley or Fittler.

LOL. We probably would. But I'd hardly judge him for how he fronts the media. With that mindset Mal would never have got the QLD job on account of his political career.

Coxy said:
Somehow, that sounds more like an insult than a compliment... [icon_lol1.

Political career. Football. Hardly the same thing.

In any case, Mal is a man manager. He's not the one that picks the team, defines the game plan etc. At this level he doesn't need to. He has to get the team focussed for what Origin is about.

THAT is where NSW fail. Bellamy is a GREAT tactician...he's a POOR motivator.

Daley and Fittler would be good at NEITHER.

NSW need Gus. He does BOTH exceptionally. That is all.

audragon said:
Coxy said:
Somehow, that sounds more like an insult than a compliment... [icon_lol1.

Well given Daleys incompetence I'd say it's kinda like saying they could walk better than a bloke in a wheelchair.

Coxy said:
Political career. Football. Hardly the same thing.

Fronting the media and coaching a football team is hardly the same thing, either.
I'm not pushing for him to get the job, just saying that if we judge people by how well they present to television cameras (or radio mics) then we may as well hire Shaun Micallef as head coach.

"WE'RE THE NSW FOGS, AND WE'RE BEHIND THIS YEARS NSW AUSSIE BLUES."

haha.

Alan Jones nailed it on the Matty Johns Show - basically what his rant came down to was there is too much in-fighting in NSW, with ex-players etc publicly and regularly criticising the current players and coaches and that Qld would never allow that to happen, they all support one another instead especially when the chips are down.

Ricky Stuart with Cartwright as his assistant I think (if Gould does not want it, as expected).

Flutterby said:
Alan Jones nailed it on the Matty Johns Show - basically what his rant came down to was there is too much in-fighting in NSW, with ex-players etc publicly and regularly criticising the current players and coaches and that Qld would never allow that to happen, they all support one another instead especially when the chips are down.

mmm.... Some were definitely calling for some heads during our bad periods and we had some vocals... fan-wise as well. I mean I'm sure plenty of QLDERS were calling for Carlaw/Webb's heads... I know I was. NSW definitely worse in that category but they have now lost 5 in a row... the criticism and bagging out is part and parcel.

The in-fighting within NSW though in terms of selection/coaching system etc... now THAT should be addressed for sure.

Active Now

• Stix
  • winslow_wong
  • barker
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • LittleDavey
  • Behold
  • Broncorob
  • BooKhaki
  • porouian
  • Spike
  • Morepudding
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Manofoneway
  • MrRobot
  • Midean
... and 42 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.