Which team are you jumping on the bandwagon to win the GF.

I'd like to see a Sharks vs Rabbitohs gf. Would be good for the game for one of those teams to win imo. Not sure how exciting the GF would be as I think the sharks play a fairly boring style of footy though, but would like them to win for their supporters sake.

1. Broncos
2. Cowboys
3. Titans
4. Storm

id like to see souths win if one of those dont, but if they get a premiership it means theyre in the league for another 20+ years no matter how many wooden spoons they get.

I'd like to see a Sharks vs Rabbitohs gf. Would be good for the game for one of those teams to win imo. Not sure how exciting the GF would be as I think the sharks play a fairly boring style of footy though, but would like them to win for their supporters sake.

Agree with this, although I've just remember how the Sharks acted when they beat us up at Suncorp which was disappointing.

If the Broncos absolutely cannot win it (I hold a faint glimmer of hope!), then I hope Souths do - they're the full package IMO. Play some really exciting footy, have a passionate set of supporters and are just a likeable side in general. Would also love to see them shut up those 'Lol @ Souths' weirdos as Fourex said.

Also wouldn't mind the Cowboys, and to a lesser extent the Sharks (purely for their fans, who have put up with a lot of crap).

If the Broncos don't win I'll be cheering for the Cowboys. If neither of those get that far its anyone but Manly or Melbourne.

If not Broncos, then Cowboys but I doubt they'll make it past week two even with the returns of Tariq & Segeyaro.

Then Storm, if only so the Qld trio can be remembered for the right reasons.

Can't believe the support for Melbourne, the same cheating scum team that knocked us out of the finals 3 years in a row with an over the cap team... In years that we were genuine contenders to win the title.

Hahha, yeah. Only Manly is worse than Melbourne in my list.

Can't believe the support for Melbourne, the same cheating scum team that knocked us out of the finals 3 years in a row with an over the cap team... In years that we were genuine contenders to win the title.

Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk - Thats enough reason for most Queenslanders to wish them well in the case of the Broncos not winning.

I do like those guys but I just can't bring myself to "cheer" for the Storm.
Shane Webcke doesn't like them either.

I think I'm glad I'll be on a cruise for 2 weeks of the finals so I don't have to watch it - then again it'll probably mean I'll be watching just as much league as I am at the moment anyway

I do like those guys but I just can't bring myself to "cheer" for the Storm.
Shane Webcke doesn't like them either.

If I remember correctly, Corey Parker hates them the most, and Dane Carlaw hates them too. Webcke doesn't seem to mind them.

Haha, I understand where you're coming from pwn, I admit it's pretty weird but aside from 08 I never gave a damn when they eliminated us. We were practically dead on arrival as far as I was concerned in 07 & 09.

Then I really pitied them and their fans in 2010. I paid witness to a lot of taunting from fans like St. George that really rubbed me the wrong way and made me want to see the Storm rise up and claim the recognition at least I believe they deserve.

I also highly respect that trio. If Smith was a Bronco, he'd easily be my favourite player in the competition and be right up there as my favourite of all time, that's how high I regard him. Slater is just a human highlight reel and still the best gamebreaker as far as I'm concerned. They're a yin/yang combination and when they get it right, it's fantastic to watch. Cronk is the lesser of those two players but just a consummate professional who is living proof that hard work and dedication will pay off. That field goal in Origin deserves all the praise it can get, for me, it's the best field goal in Origin history (Lockyer's in 2010 probably had more distance but was under no way near the amount of pressure) & one that belongs in the folklore of Origin history. Also earned a lot of respect in my book for telling Quinn to STFU in the 2008 prelim.

There is a lot to hate about them too but the field is pretty lean.

It annoyed me how big a deal they made out of the 2010 being a Sydney grand final and how it somehow seemed better than other grand finals. It's Rugby League media at it's worse and exposes just how narrow minded the game can be.

Of those Sydney teams I really don't like any of them, at all. If the Dogs win they basically just manufactured their own premiership which annoys me, to a similar degree same with South Sydney. Cronulla has Gallen which already rubs me the wrong way but add in Carney and the hatred goes up by more.

Manly are Manly. Their fans were bad enough after 2011, really don't want a 2012 repeat.

They're not bloody playing for QLD, they're playing for Melbourne. If Smith, Cronk and Slater all jumped ship to Manly would Queenslanders be obliged to adopt Manly as their 4th team??

Origin doesn't even come into it for mine, when deciding who to cheer for at club level.

Never said they did, if they did play for Manly, they'd still be some of my favourite players.

The fact they don't play for a Sydney club is definitely a plus.

Cronulla has Gallen which already rubs me the wrong way but add in Carney and the hatred goes up by more.

:biggrin:

Doesn't Wade Graham fit in so well.........the new Greg Bird.

The big three, used to be four from Melbourne.... kinda gives them a pass for mine. Hard not to like 'em.

Will say I strongly disliked the Storm prior to these guys emerging. Robbie Ross, Kearns and Howe .......Orford all were top of the hate list back then.

Someone said being Queenslanders shouldn't come into it when picking club sides. I disagree.

I would much rather cheer on a heap of QLDr's playing for who gives two f*cks, than a bunch of cockroaches playing for a side you followed prior to Brisbane's inception.....or for some other misguided reason you were following and cheering on NSW players.

If it can't be Brisbane ........Cowboys/Souths/Storm/Manly

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.