Whitchurch on trial for Broncos vacancy

Every player makes handling errors, some of the best players in the game are guilty of even the most basic of errors - that doesn't concern me.

What does concern me is sending a young bloke out there who isn't physically ready, doesn't know how to read the play and makes poor positional choices.

And Whitchurch can cover those areas, possibly better than the players coming through at this stage.

Eh, not particularly.

The club has turned a corner development wise after a few lean years with the likes of Oates, Kodi Nikorima, Ofahengaue, Molo etc. coming of age. This year we'll see Taylor and Jayden Nikorima make their first grade debuts and I'm sure we'll see a few new faces in the likes of Opacic, Alick etc.

As long as they come through at a steady rate and the club is willing to look elsewhere it isn't an issue.

https://broncoshq.com/brisbane-bron...up-petition-thread.html?highlight=Gillet+QCup

Troll thread.

exactly! how can Bronx development be troubling having provided about 6 players to the emerging origin squad and having a hand in another 1 or 2, another 1 or 2 graded if not produced? so what, we have ONE position (3/4 line, not exactly principle focus is it??) that the production line hasn't resulted in a try on grade, SOO and Intl test debut

BTW even yow yeh was a direct result of our 'lean years'...

sure whitchurch wouldnt be my first choice for most any job in this team, but sure is a slow news day if theres a backlash over one young bloke is about (likely) to get a crack

plus like GCB mentioned similar chat about Maranta (all the way up to this year mind..), steve michaels had more promise than either I reckon and i wouldnt have a bar of it now! ; )

plus yeah i guess the article just referred to WCC & trials, so can always hope theres an alternate!

exactly! how can Bronx development be troubling having provided about 6 players to the emerging origin squad and having a hand in another 1 or 2, another 1 or 2 graded if not produced? so what, we have ONE position (3/4 line, not exactly principle focus is it??) that the production line hasn't resulted in a try on grade, SOO and Intl test debut

BTW even yow yeh was a direct result of our 'lean years'...

sure whitchurch wouldnt be my first choice for most any job in this team, but sure is a slow news day if theres a backlash over one young bloke is about (likely) to get a crack

This is a great point. Honestly I didn't read the article at first and was a bit confused when I did. I had assumed by the response on here that the article was stating he had locked down the spot, not just that he was trying his best to get it.

I thought Whitchurch had a pretty good game in round 11 last year...mmmm. I do have a bad memory though, could be wrong but I just don't remember him getting anything wrong.

If he can go out there, hold onto the ball and make the reads in defense to shut down a potentially lethal eels left edge then he's done his job. He then gets to go out all again next week. That's how it works. He's earnt his chance to prove himself over the preseason.

Bennett clearly hates a player who makes constant handling errors. Why he put so much pressure on Vidot - Vidot responded with a lack of character. Whitchurch probably got the same treatment, Whitchurch responded by training the house down - winning the beep test. Saying something for his character. . Similar to maranta's turn around the pre-season before

Last edited:
In WCs defence it can take time to find your feet at the highest level, maybe he needed to go through what he has to develop further.Point is , he hasn't gone away. I've seen little of him in ISC, and would defer to those with a better knowledge, but what I have seen looked fairly good.

In WCs defence it can take time to find your feet at the highest level, maybe he needed to go through what he has to develop further.Point is , he hasn't gone away. I've seen little of him in ISC, and would defer to those with a better knowledge, but what I have seen looked fairly good.

From what I've read his work in the ISC was pretty decent last year

He wasn't a standout in ISC by any means but certainly wasn't the worst going around either.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Lurker
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  • Organix
  • Morkel
  • Shane Tronc
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.