Who are you cheering on to the premiership?

Don't get me wrong, I think Nathan is a freaking superstar. But you can't tell me his punishment for his Covid protocol breach and lying to the NRL integrity committee was adequate. And then the NRL let's him keep his Dally M points? Please.

He's a NSWRL darling exactly like Andrew Johns.

Yeah good point, the fact the Johns the pill popping, babbling idiot was made an immortal before Lockyer has always made my blood boil. I mean, the bloke admitted to being under the influence of drugs during games

I still wish Cleary was wearing a broncos jersey he has more talent in his over sized forehead then our halves do combined

Yeah good point, the fact the Johns the pill popping, babbling idiot was made an immortal before Lockyer has always made my blood boil. I mean, the bloke admitted to being under the influence of drugs during games

I still wish Cleary was wearing a broncos jersey he has more talent in his over sized forehead then our halves do combined
Disagree, talent wise I see alot in Dearden(his playing style is very much Locky in the 6 always looking for holes in the line), ability wise though he is a few years away, but I'll eat a hat if he isn't the long term QLD 7 or 6.

Last edited:
Disagree, talent wise I see alot in Dearden, ability wise though he is a few years away though, but I'll eat a hat if he isn't the long term QLD 7 or 6.

I’m not sold yet, he’s no where near Clearys level. The guy has just guided his team to 17 straight wins and a grand final. The only reason dearden would be a long term half for QLD is because there’s no one else. Sounds harsh but he hasn’t shown much promise imo

I’m not sold yet, he’s no where near Clearys level. The guy has just guided his team to 17 straight wins and a grand final. The only reason dearden would be a long term half for QLD is because there’s no one else. Sounds harsh but he hasn’t shown much promise imo
Ability and potential are different, I mean Dearden is still a teenager, he has quickly established himself as our best halves player and his playing style is honestly soo similar to Lockyer's heads up style I can easily see a higher ceiling then Cleary. it's easy to get lost in how bad our team is to push certain players down, but Dearden has been a shining light for most of the games he has played, and in a working team it only looks better from there.

Last edited:
Ability and potential are different, I mean Dearden is still a teenager, he has quickly established himself as our best halves player and his playing style is honestly soo similar to Lockyer's heads up style I can easily see a higher ceiling then Cleary. it's easy to get lost in how bad our team is to push certain players down, but Dearden has been a shining light for most of the games he has played, and in a working team it only looks better from there.

I dunno if you can say he's similar to Lockyer. IMO the best thing you can say about Dearden right now is he's got a lot of heart. His ball playing and especially his kicking aren't particularly good at the moment. He's still very young so hopefully those areas will improve, but even if they don't improve, he can still probably sort of build his game around his running game, similar to Ben Hunt at his best.

I dunno if you can say he's similar to Lockyer. IMO the best thing you can say about Dearden right now is he's got a lot of heart. His ball playing and especially his kicking aren't particularly good at the moment. He's still very young so hopefully those areas will improve, but even if they don't improve, he can still probably sort of build his game around his running game, similar to Ben Hunt at his best.
He isn't as good as Lockyer but his playing style is similar to Lockyer in the 6 without a doubt, but he doesn't have anywhere near the experience to produce the result Lockyer was capable at that level, Lockyer is probably the best halves player when it came to eyes up football and that's what Deadens game is based around, he goes for the run way more then any 7 would normally go for and most times it works out because he can judge the line, given the fact the human brain doesn't even fully mature until the mid 20s that kind of attribute is a massive skill going forward in his career that will only get better.

I don’t get the Dearden/Lockyer comparisons at all. Dearden was far more similar to 2013/14 Ben Hunt this year. It was almost uncanny how similar their running and tackling was

It's just my opinion but the way Dearden plays Is more like Locky than anyone else, Lockyer was a 6 but he played like a 7 especially for the Broncos as he was our main playmaker, but he was a heads up player always looking for the the line break or opened up play to kick towards which is exactly what Dearden does.

To say he is similar to Ben hunt is not the same, I do think Dearden has more instinct then Hunt ever had when judging the lines defence, its just something that comes natural to this kid, that's why I would say he has more Lockyer attributes then Hunt.

Last edited:
Nope, I’ve been a lifelong Broncos supporter
The team has been blood sucking ours since it was made, from signing our youth players to taking away staff, and they also robbed us of GF appearances with their illegal team i could go on but **** that team.

It's hard enough as it is to have their players in the QLD team.

Nope, I’ve been a lifelong Broncos supporter
So you know they systematically and deliberately cheated for 5 seasons, taking premierships they didn't deserve and preventing other teams who were not cheating from winning, and to this day claim they actually won (and deserve) those premierships, yet you would support them?

Remind me again how many years has Cleary been playing now? A few more than Dearden, give Dearden some time people

So you know they systematically and deliberately cheated for 5 seasons, taking premierships they didn't deserve and preventing other teams who were not cheating from winning, and to this day claim they actually won (and deserve) those premierships, yet you would support them?

Yeah as far as I’m concerned they’ve won 3 premierships and paid the price for their cheating. Also, they’re confirmed cheaters but I don’t believe for a second that they’re the only club to have ever systematically cheated the cap.

Last edited:
Yeah as far as I’m concerned they’ve won 3 premierships and paid the price for their cheating. Also, they’re confirmed cheaters but I don’t believe for a second that they’re the only club to have ever systematically cheated the cap.
Yeah, but still, **** Melbourne. They cheated the Broncos out of winning games, along with every other club. Who cares if others might have been doing it, they absolutely, 100% were, and it ruined 5 years of this game. **** Melbourne.

Then all the rule and bone bending bullshit. They haven't produced their own juniors. They're still nothing in Melbourne, yet the NRL will suck farts from their ass. **** the Storm.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Volvo Driver
  • Mick_Hancock
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • NSW stables
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  • Midean
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.