VOTE Who do you want as the next Brisbane Broncos coach?

Who do you want as the next Broncos coach?

• Total voters
I'm not completely sold on Maguire, but he is probably one of the best at coming in and getting results quickly. It's when it drags on he struggles barring NZ.

If we sign Maguire, I would imagine Trent Barrett would be a frontrunner for the NSW job, so depending on how that goes, we may be able to sign Thorn as an assistant as well as Maguire.
**** yeah. Barrett as NSW coach would be doubly satisfying.

But Madge would have to find himself a gun attack coach to replace him.

Hey man Kev won 3 origin series in a row! It would’ve been a tough gig coaching the greatest players ever in our game (slater, Thurston, Cronk & smith)
Kevvie's Origin coaching record is similar to his Broncos' record: 50%.

**** yeah. Barrett as NSW coach would be doubly satisfying.

But Madge would have to find himself a gun attack coach to replace him.
That's one issue, the other would be still be depth issues. I wouldn't be against getting in someone with recent experience coaching in super league instead of Thorn as an assistant for that reason either tbh.

But it would depend on if an English based coach would be up for the move for an assistants role.

That's one issue, the other would be still be depth issues. I wouldn't be against getting in someone with recent experience coaching in super league instead of Thorn as an assistant for that reason either tbh.

But it would depend on if an English based coach would be up for the move for an assistants role.
100%. Shaun Wane would be a great fit for the the head coach role, too.

I’m keen to know everyone’s coaching tier lists, and where Kev sits in them.

Super Coach:
Wayne, Bellamy

Elite:
Cleary, Robson

Good:
Hasler, Flanagan, Maguire

Mid:
Ciraldo, Payton, Sticky, Webster, Kev, Arthur, Seibold, Griffin, Fitzy, Obrien

Below average:
Benji

Madge is the only real option that can come into this situation... but I wonder how it sits with the playing group.

Less than 6 months ago he was the head coach of the team that caved Walsh's head in and then came out and defended the player that did it.

How would Madge sit with Walsh, Patty, Mam, Piaks, etc. who are intended to be the future of the club... I'm sure Haas, Reynolds and Staggs will be fine with him coming in, but 80% of our roster are Qld'ers and Reyno is gone in 12 months time, and Haas and Staggs look flighty whenever their contracts come up.

You would hope there's at least some input being requested from the leadership group on which coach they're bringing in, but considering they were 'blindsided' by Kevvie being sacked... then I'm not so sure there would be much thought about what the players think of their next coach.
I don’t think players care about this NSW thing anywhere near as much as guys on here or old boys do.

We’d all happily take Belly despite all the shit he’s done and said to the broncos over the years and he was NSW coach.

Players might not like Madge but it won’t be because of this

100%. Shaun Wane would be a great fit for the the head coach role, too.
He would, and I don't disagree. I think he would be good as an NRL coach. However, the fact he hasn't become one yet makes me think that most clubs won't take the risk on an English NRL head coach without them having experience as an NRL assistant coach first.

It's looking inevitable.

I’m keen to know everyone’s coaching tier lists, and where Kev sits in them.

Super Coach:
Wayne, Bellamy

Elite:
Cleary, Robson

Good:
Hasler, Flanagan, Maguire

Mid:
Ciraldo, Payton, Sticky, Webster, Kev, Arthur, Seibold, Griffin, Fitzy, Obrien

Below average:
Benji
Kev’s not in my list.
he’s not a coach.

Warren is no longer involved in high level Rugby League .
He called a player a darkie on the ABC commentary . He done fcked up !

Sad and a shame he is one of the sharpest football brains alive .
Didn’t know that. Cheers👍🏼

Keen to hear why.

Genuine question - what has he achieved as a coach?

I don’t think many available options are good enough for our team but Wallace has a good fit:

- Played most of his career at the Broncos. Knows the expectations
- Learnt his trade in the best system in the comp
-Has coached junior sides and I believe their NSW cup side?
- Has played with teo and worked with Barrett at Penrith so easier to hit the ground running with them
- Born in Victoria, not NSW 😛

.....is a red headed numpty
which cancels out everything you mentioned.

So no
he's
not a good fit
at
all.

Active Now

• Howie
  • Confidor
  • jarro65
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Dexter
  • simplythebest
  • davidp
  • broncsgoat
  • Allo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • ostin86
  • Yellowfella
  • IceWorks
  • Aldo
  • bert_lifts
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.