Who will be our Captain in 2016?

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Apparently there was a story on ch9 news tonight that he's one of the players who broke curfew at the emerging origin squad .Maybe that's got to do with it? Story also said Copley did as well.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
This....Concerns me. It could just be nothing but this smells like Hunt's mind is still on the GF, even in some small way.

It was always going to be on his mind.

He has probably got over it, but he would never forget it.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
BEN Hunt is the latest Bronco to rule himself out of the club’s captaincy race, saying he is not ready for the job.

Hunt, who will make his only pre-season appearance on Saturday night, said despite being a considered one of the main contenders to replace Justin Hodges as skipper, he thinks the job should go to Corey Parker or Sam Thaiday.

Fullback Darius Boyd also bowed out of the race for the job last month.

Parker has now firmed as the favourite to take the captaincy, with Thaiday and hooker Andrew McCullough outside chances to be named by coach Wayne Bennett before the season starts.

Hunt said last September he was equipped for the captaincy role, but the playmaker is now less sure of himself.

“Not right now,” Hunt said, when asked if he was ready to be captain.

“We have a couple of older players that could definitely fill the role and they would do a lot better job than I could do at the moment.

“If the job did come my way, I would do the best I can. I feel one day it would be an honour.”

The 25-year-old said he would like to see the role go to Parker or Thaiday, who is leading Brisbane at this weekend’s Auckland Nines tournament.

“Corey Parker, Sam Thaiday ... players like that have been around for a while and played a lot more football,” he said.

“They’re the two leaders for me. They’ve been here the longest, they’ve had the opportunity to captain the club before and I think either one would do an extremely good job.’’

Hunt will run out alongside Parker at the Bundaberg trial against the Cowboys in the only game time the halfback will get before Round 1. He will miss the World Club Series game in England through a one-game suspension for a dangerous throw on Kane Linnett during Brisbane’s grand final loss to the Cowboys.

Despite his limited pre-season game time, Hunt said he was feeling as fit as ever.

“I’ll play the whole 80 minutes or close to,” Hunt said of the Bundaberg match.

“It’s a bit disappointing I can’t play in any of the other trials but I need to have a good hit out, get some match fitness and be ready for Round 1.

“I feel pretty similar to where I was last year. It was the fittest I had ever been in pre-season. I feel where I am now is where I was then and I’m pretty happy with that.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e/news-story/48b3a25660563ce244235510cb94c0aa

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Yeah well I guess it has to be Parker lol, Thaiday wasn't a great captain and he'll be more than likely coming off the bench at some point this season.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
**** me the media have made a mountain out of a molehill with this shit. If Holmes hadn't gotten arrested, it would have been forgotten already.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Maybe, but how dumb are they?

Just days after the Pearce incident, and just hours after they had been spoken to about behavior standards lol

Idiots

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Well hopefully that's the last we hear of it. Who cares.

12 month bans are great, less disruption for us.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Meh, it was very unlikely Hunt or Milf would have played Origin this year anyway. At least they can focus on club duties now.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Well hopefully that's the last we hear of it. Who cares.

12 month bans are great, less disruption for us.

1000% no matter how hard the media try I just couldn't care less about this.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I wouldn't be a fan of giving the Captaincy to Parker or Thaiday. I think Wayne should pick the young bloke he thinks is the next leader.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I agree with not wanting it to be Thaiday or Parker.

I have a pretty strong feeling it's going to be McCullough unfortunately. He's the only logical choice now that all the frontrunners have ruled themselves out.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I have a pretty strong feeling it's going to be McCullough unfortunately. He's the only logical choice now that all the frontrunners have ruled themselves out.

Fingers crossed.

delcodii

delcodii

Apr 25, 2014

tumblr_o24a31itr01s5shn7o1_540.gif

R

Rhino1001

QCup Player
Sep 26, 2015
I have a feeling they might name the captain on Thursday seeing that it would be one week out from the first game.

Active Now

• Stix
  • TimWhatley
  • kiwibronco
  • Fitzy
  • The True King
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • maddo
  • Battler
  • mitch222
  • Mr Fourex
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.