Who will wear the no.15 jersey?

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
With Wallace now gone and hunt in the halves who will be the hooker/utility on the bench for 2014.

most believe it will be either baptiste or Granville but I believe a third option could be Cameron Cullen and some may argue mccollough should play the 80 minutes.

all have great potential but as far as I'm concerned baptiste needs a proper crack at 1st grade, his form in the other grades is impressive in qld cup he turns the game on its head as Cameron smith would in the NRL and I'd hate to loose him because hookers of that quality/potential are In short supply.

cullen is a young halfback who also plays hooker for our u20's. great defender and brings a good kicking game and speed out of dummy half. He can also spend his apprenticeship there if he good enough to make it in halves eventually.

And I think we all were impressed by Granville in his 2 games this year who rivals baptiste as the best hooker in the qld cup

so who will it be?

The utility is usually the no.14 jersey ...isn't it?

Granville I hope. Impressed me in his limited appearances last year and seemed to add creativity and some skill of the bench. Could be very useful in 15-20 minute periods.

I'd hate to see Cullen be jerked around playing bench hooker like Hunt, instead of playing his preferred position in QLD Cup.

Unless unlike Hunt, he'd actually make a good hooker.

The utility is usually the no.14 jersey ...isn't it?

It depends, hunt wore 15 a lot, I always say 15 so it should be inbetween the two interchange props as if they were on the field

I'd hate to see Cullen be jerked around playing bench hooker like Hunt, instead of playing his preferred position in QLD Cup.

Cullen would be better and he is versatile, u20 he played halfback and moved to hooker when Taylor came on and 5/8 for redcliffe for the 2nd part of the year .

Just about to write this, I'd rather we focus on developing our halves in Q Cup so they don't end up like Hunt...

Maybe if Cullen/Whoever came on in the halves and Milf shifts to hooker to give Macca a break, give us more leg speed around the ruck, kicking from dummy half and allows our younger halves to spend a bit of time in their preferred position in first grade. Not sure if that would work but Milf played most of his games as bench hooker at the start of the season.

Just about to write this, I'd rather we focus on developing our halves in Q Cup so they don't end up like Hunt...

Maybe if Cullen/Whoever came on in the halves and Milf shifts to hooker to give Macca a break, give us more leg speed around the ruck, kicking from dummy half and allows our younger halves to spend a bit of time in their preferred position in first grade. Not sure if that would work but Milf played most of his games as bench hooker at the start of the season.

He actually didn't. He came on at halfback and mcrone moved to hooker.

Granville I hope. Impressed me in his limited appearances last year and seemed to add creativity and some skill of the bench. Could be very useful in 15-20 minute periods.

Agreed.......I'd go with Granville too.

Give him free rein to try some stuff for a 10-15 min period.

Might as well use the position to actually add something to the team, instead of having someone just taking up space like Peter Wallace did towards the end of this season.

Agreed.......I'd go with Granville too.

Give him free rein to try some stuff for a 10-15 min period.

Might as well use the position to actually add something to the team, instead of having someone just taking up space like Peter Wallace did towards the end of this season.

If Wallace had of been put there when a little younger I reckon he would have been a better Hooker then Macca.

My mistake although I could have sworn I saw him at dummy-half sometimes.

I think they mixed it up to start with but Eventually it was mcrone who was going to be the answer to their hooker problem for a while. Raiders really didn't help with his stability, even in the u20's they moved him from fullback to either halves positions to even centre

Easily Cullen over Granville but it depends on whether they want to develop him in Q cup. After watching him in the 20s and the way he ignited the team when he came off the bench into hooker. Wow
Defence for Cullen will be the issue as he is only a little guy but so it will for Granville also

I think Cullen is a class over Granville but personal opinion only as they were mainly playing two different comps at this stage

well that is two to granville, one for cullen, one for baptiste (myself) and one for macca to go the 80 so quite even

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • johnny plath
  • Brocko
  • john1420
  • Financeguy
  • mystico
  • ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.