Who will wear the no.15 jersey?

I'm a Granville fan but at NRL level he is too limited. His first instinct is to run every ruck and if that doesn't work he passes. His thinking leads to putting runners off and under pressure. He needs to improve his passing and timing of runs. That's why he got limited chances last year.

If Griffin is aiming to get 80 minutes out of Macca, then 14 would be odds on for Stagg or Lowrie.

I see a 4 forward bench for 2014 though.

If we stick to 2013's agenda, Granville probably but give Cullen a shot in the trials.

The fact is though only 5 nrl hookers play the whole 80 and 4 of those have back ups in the team just in case ie. smith has hinchcliffe or nathan friend had elijah taylor. Most coaches would go for 2 to mix t up around the ruck and with macca not worrying about lasting the game fitness wise

Granville. The utility is almost always going to be giving Macca a rest, so there's no point having a half coming on to play hooker. Let Cullen play QLD Cup in the halves and hone his craft.

Granville is a hooker, so coming off the bench into his preferred position makes the most sense.

As for Macca playing 80...he's struggling to maintain consistent form for 60 minutes a game, there's no way he can do 80 at quality at this stage. If ever. It almost looks like he might have peaked as far as talent/quality goes. Hopefully not. We need him to step up in 2014.

Granville. The utility is almost always going to be giving Macca a rest, so there's no point having a half coming on to play hooker. Let Cullen play QLD Cup in the halves and hone his craft.

Granville is a hooker, so coming off the bench into his preferred position makes the most sense.

As for Macca playing 80...he's struggling to maintain consistent form for 60 minutes a game, there's no way he can do 80 at quality at this stage. If ever. It almost looks like he might have peaked as far as talent/quality goes. Hopefully not. We need him to step up in 2014.

If he doesn't step up I dare say this talk of Cameron smith becoming a bronco will only get louder

I predict Alex Glenn will wear the #15 jersey. Parker the 13.

Outside chance of Hunt wearing #7.

I'm a Granville fan but at NRL level he is too limited. His first instinct is to run every ruck and if that doesn't work he passes. His thinking leads to putting runners off and under pressure. He needs to improve his passing and timing of runs. That's why he got limited chances last year.

Running is what you want from a bench hooker IMO. You could even get McCullough playing the full 80 and still bring Granville on for a double team. Running out of dummy half against tiring defence is one of the most effective things in Rugby League.

I predict Alex Glenn will wear the #15 jersey. Parker the 13.

Outside chance of Hunt wearing #7.

Glenn could be an option he has played hooker and i can't see him holding out gillet and thaiday for too much longer

Granville for me too. Earlier on ,one poster wrote that Granville's first instinct is to run and if that's not on he passes. Wouldn't that be a good thing ? He got two chances last year, in the first his addition was so noticeable everyone watching was impressed. The second was in shit weather for about 5/8 minutes, hardly much opportunity to shine. I want to see him for 30 minutes a game and then make a decision. ( for what my opinions worth ! ) From what I've seen recently he is working very hard on fitness and I'd guess Griffin has told him he has a real shot in 2014. If that's so then he's probably put McCullough on notice.

If he doesn't step up I dare say this talk of Cameron smith becoming a bronco will only get louder

Just as much as the talk ofme winning the lottery will get louder as I draw further away from pay day

Easily Cullen over Granville but it depends on whether they want to develop him in Q cup. After watching him in the 20s and the way he ignited the team when he came off the bench into hooker. Wow
Defence for Cullen will be the issue as he is only a little guy but so it will for Granville also

I think Cullen is a class over Granville but personal opinion only as they were mainly playing two different comps at this stage

Have you watched Granville dominate the QCup for Wynnum? He was dominant in their 2011 and 2012 premiership teams and is one of the most instrumental players in the QCup. Cullen might dominate when he comes on off the bench but Granville dominates the whole game.

Have you watched Granville dominate the QCup for Wynnum? He was dominant in their 2011 and 2012 premiership teams and is one of the most instrumental players in the QCup. Cullen might dominate when he comes on off the bench but Granville dominates the whole game.
I have watched him but his skill set is limited compared to Cullen
My opinion only and i respect yours

If it were Cullen he should come on in the halves with hunt shifting to hooker

If it were Cullen he should come on in the halves with hunt shifting to hooker

You may be right but i think Cullen is more likely to split the defence with the way he holds the ball. Granville is just a runner and Hunt more likely to count numbers, or take the line on with the idea of offloading in the tackle.

You may be right but i think Cullen is more likely to split the defence with the way he holds the ball. Granville is just a runner and Hunt more likely to count numbers, or take the line on with the idea of offloading in the tackle.

Problem with that is you don't want to shuffle your halfback around on the field in his first year starting he can;t grow at halfback without playing full games and cullen would find it hard to come into the game and make an impact he could be picked off on the edges where as hooker he can make it simpler and work on his defence with the big boys no doubt hunt has learnt better from the experience

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Gaz
  • broncoscope
  • Sproj
  • mystico
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Old Mate
  • Rookie Alan
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncorob
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.