Who will wear the no.15 jersey?

Courier today.

"His defence all year was really good but also I think he picked and chose his times to run the ball a lot better. A while ago I thought sometimes he just ran for the sake of running but he's changed that," he said.

Well said Buck.

378583123_dd5f1b716b_m_zpsf2206a7b.jpg

Huh...wouldnt my opinion be validated considering he stated that it was an improvement that he noticed last year. Not something that needs to be worked on. In saying that the article had eerie timing

378583123_dd5f1b716b_m_zpsf2206a7b.jpg

:takdir:

Huh...wouldnt my opinion be validated considering he stated that it was an improvement that he noticed last year. Not something that needs to be worked on. In saying that the article had eerie timing

You claimed there was no issue and he only ran five times a game.

I only say things I know are right, they've worked on it but it continues to be an issue and that is why he didn't get more NRL game time.

the way i see it, macca should play 80.

oates should be in the 17. glenn will probably be forced to the bench. so that leaves kennedy (or mcguire) as one prop and hopefully hala as the other on the bench:

11 thaiday
12 gillett
13 parker

14 oates
15 glenn
16 kennedy/mcguire (whoever doesnt start)
17 hala

at full(ish) strength oates probably doesnt fit into the backline with hodges/hoffman/yowyeh/vidot/kahu/reed all trying to fit in. i guess it depends how those guys are fitness wise (and if vidot shows enough promise to earn a start) on whether oates plays on the wing.

Last edited:
I know many disagree but I really think Oates is either in the backrow or centre, that's it. The only way he should play wing is if we have an injury crisis like this year

I know many disagree but I really think Oates is either in the backrow or centre, that's it. The only way he should play wing is if we have an injury crisis like this year
I think that will definitely be his position for the future, but I have no issues with letting him hone his skills on the wing, as he has proven to be a good performer in that position as well.

It's hard to fit the bloke into the team when everyone is fit at the moment. He's blocked by Parker, Thaiday, Gillett and Glenn in his "favourite" position, and with the return of many injured backline players, I think he doesn't have much of a chance of a position in the 3/4 line either, so the best he can hope for at the moment is the bench.

If he has a pass in him, he could become a very good centre imo, but we'll see what happens...

100% agree with you mate........I am thinking a young Gene Miles.

Starts his career off in the centres and then shifts into the backrow when he gets a little older and loses a bit of pace.

His position is in the back row, I believe he should come off the bench as an impact player.

Oates would be a gun impact player of the bench. Just imagine a young gun with the build of a forward with some speed to burn charging at a tiring defensive line. I think he will be on the wing at the start of next year though.

100% agree with you mate........I am thinking a young Gene Miles.

Starts his career off in the centres and then shifts into the backrow when he gets a little older and loses a bit of pace.

True mate, he's got a bit of gene miles about him. Just a tough raw footballer

I don't think he will be on the wing, if anything he will come off the bench.

He will play on the wing if the situation gets that dire but yes I would think his in the running for the centres initially during Hodge's absence or a bench spot.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • BroncoFan94
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • TimWhatley
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Hurrijo
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Morkel
  • rj9
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BruiserMk1
  • bert_lifts
  • Rookie Alan
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Alec
  • Mr Fourex
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.