OPINION who would you pick as the next Broncos number 7?

Who do you think will be Reynolds replacement as our next Halfback?

• Sam Walker

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Lachlan Lam

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Other

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
I find that hard to believe .
Also rans and blokes ready to retire play at the same level as the elite ?

Absolutely. You forget their game isnt as slowed down as over here. Knowing a few blokes who have played plenty of games in both, they all say they got gassed quicker over there because the game is always on the go, but they dont have the physicality all over the field like the NRL.

There is plenty of talent in England. They do lack some good backs and especially halves, but they have plenty of top line forwards, which is pretty impressive really when you consider Rugby League is, much like cricket, a massive minority sport in England. Everything pales into insignificance compared to Football.

both Black and Madden will be streaks ahead of Gamble by 2026.

Hell, Madden is arguably already equal to Gamble if not ahead of him.

Don't get me wrong, I love Gambles attitude and niggle on the field ... but he is hardly the half you get if you wone to become or stay a top 4 team. he is the half you get if you're rebuilding, get you through until you've become respectable on the field, then jettison for someone who can propel you to the top

Don’t ruin the dream man

Lord Gamble will rise again

(You may very well be right, Madden at 26 with two more seasons under Reyno should be ready to take over the team, and Coby will be nipping at his heels at the least. I just want to see Gamble in a Broncos jersey again in a top line team before he finishes up)

Don't get me wrong, I love Gambles attitude and niggle on the field ... but he is hardly the half you get if you wone to become or stay a top 4 team. he is the half you get if you're rebuilding, get you through until you've become respectable on the field, then jettison for someone who can propel you to the top

This

Better to invest in a younger half and Madden i agree is probably ahead already. Not a knock on gamble, but just reality.

Time for the Lord to return to the promised land:

View attachment 26256

He’ll be 30/31 in 2026. Perfect for a year or two at least to help allow Black a measured intro to first grade

Tries his guts out and is actually a pretty good half, which are hard to find at best of times

He is not even be the 1st choice #7 at Newcastle .
Hastings will play #7 so Tyson is in a battle with Cogger for #6 who the Knights bought in this season .

I don't think Madden is ahead of Gamble, lets be real he has only played a handful of games in NRL and is playing with a much better side.

But I wouldn't say there is much difference between the two at this stage, but to say he is ahead of Gamble would be to Ignore say the Canberra game in Week 1 of the Finals last year which Madden hasn't come close to yet in any game he has played.

Gamble isn't playing 7 but he is playing on the right the same side as Reynolds which outside Newcastle is where the 7 plays for every other team in the comp.

I don't think Madden is ahead of Gamble, lets be real he has only played a handful of games in NRL and is playing with a much better side.

But I wouldn't say there is much difference between the two at this stage, but to say he is ahead of Gamble would be to Ignore say the Canberra game last year which Madden hasn't come close to yet in any game he has played.

Gamble isn't playing 7 but he is playing on the right the same side as Reynolds which outside Newcastle is where the 7 plays for every other team in the comp.
outplayed arey in a garbage west tigers side in 2022 rd 20,he may not be the answer but we have seen what gamble has to offer with regular time in FG it would be nice to see what Madden has to offer given the same.

outplayed arey in a garbage west tigers side in 2022 rd 20,he may not be the answer but we have seen what gamble has to offer with regular time in FG it would be nice to see what Madden has to offer given the same.
Debateable, Reynolds got two direct try assists in that game Madden got a possible try assist(though I would give it) and a try, all the second half try's off other players.

Also weirdly Madden was on the left which hasn't been good for him when he has played for us.

I think gamble burnt his bridges goung out but kevie is a pretty forgiving sort. That said id reckon madden will step up this year if reynolds goes down and mam will be around the reckoning for the spot in 2026. Who partners him is anyones guess.
He could play 5/8 the way lockyer did but i cant see it.
They talk of him as a halfback in the making and they wouldnt do that if they were not certain that was his future, plus you dont pay what he is getting paid for a half that cant organise. At least i wouldnt.
He has shown he has the vision to read the game and by 2026, he should be in the leadership group.
The only concern i have is the long kicking options. Perhaps walsh moving to 5/8 by then would be the answer. He does a share of it now.

He could play 5/8 the way lockyer did but i cant see it.
Lockyer when he was moved to the Halves was essentially a 7 with a 6 on his back, he roamed both sides and was the primary playmaker and Kicker.

But I wouldn't say there is much difference between the two at this stage, but to say he is ahead of Gamble would be to Ignore say the Canberra game in Week 1 of the Finals last year which Madden hasn't come close to yet in any game he has played.

There is also a Pommie kid called Will Price in the mix for 5 /8 at the Knights .

There is also a Pommie kid called Will Price in the mix for 5 /8 at the Knights .

Will Pryce. Get it right. I've only been banging on about him for a couple of years now. Get with the program.

Problem is i think he is still more a fullback at this moment in time. I think that plan was always him at 1 and Ponga at 6, but then Ponga had his concussion dramas so that went out the window.

Adam Sandler The Price Is Wrong Bitch GIF

Exactly right. Madden is 23 has played 40 reserve grade games and played 23 NRL games. Not to mention he has been in an NRL system since he left school as the Aus schoolboys captain and he is now under the tuition of Alfie Langer, Kevin Walters and Adam Reynolds. For a 23 year old he is a pretty good halfback. He has plenty of time to continue to grow and I think you can already see his growth since first joining and his initial games at the club. He looked good against the cows both last season and in this trial. Look obviously Coby seems to be the halfback of the future but initially the best halfback we may get our hands on is Jock the 23 year old former schoolboys halfback that will have played a shit load of reserve grade. A shit load of reserve grade, relatively experienced in first grade, learning off awesome players, talented enough to be a gun and having an attitude willing to learn and bide your time is the makings of being successful.

I’m backing him in.

Exactly right. Madden is 23 has played 40 reserve grade games and played 23 NRL games. Not to mention he has been in an NRL system since he left school as the Aus schoolboys captain and he is now under the tuition of Alfie Langer, Kevin Walters and Adam Reynolds. For a 23 year old he is a pretty good halfback. He has plenty of time to continue to grow and I think you can already see his growth since first joining and his initial games at the club. He looked good against the cows both last season and in this trial. Look obviously Coby seems to be the halfback of the future but initially the best halfback we may get our hands on is Jock the 23 year old former schoolboys halfback that will have played a shit load of reserve grade. A shit load of reserve grade, relatively experienced in first grade, learning off awesome players, talented enough to be a gun and having an attitude willing to learn and bide your time is the makings of being successful.

I’m backing him in.

You've convinced me....but I'd rather another option. I'd like to seriously chase/find out if Sam Walker is really on the table.
Under ARey guidance both he and Ezra.....could be anything.
Walker seems lost at the Roosters.

Active Now

• Astro
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.