OPINION who would you pick as the next Broncos number 7?

Who do you think will be Reynolds replacement as our next Halfback?

• Sam Walker

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Lachlan Lam

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Other

Votes: 36 63.2%

• Total voters
Walsh's brain isnt composed and calm enough to be a fullback. Probably need to revisit that in 5 or 6 years time to see if he has stopped looking for the big plays. I could see him at 6 tbh and i think he would be an excellent 6, just dont think being a 7 suits what Reece's game is all about.

Happy to stick my neck out right now and risk this biting me in the backside, but he isnt going to ever be a regular half back.

Just correcting my post, should have said halfback, not fullback. Bloody idiot i am!

I was going to say, lol

I wouldn't even consider moving Walsh for the foreseeable future ... I think he offers us far more being an x-factor from the back, with the extra room to move.

while he has a long way to be in the same conversation as the GOAT. I do see similarities between the two, not only in skillset and playing style (including a similarity in their early career defensive weaknesses), but also in career trajectory.

I can see an eventual move to 5/8 for Walsh. could be out of necessity or could be because he has lost a bit of pace or could be because we have another gun fullback coming through and a vacancy in the halves (i.e. the same thing that happened with Lockyer when Hunt was coming through)

Maybe we can get Benji back after the tigers sack him or Brodie Croft 😩

I tell you what I just found time to watch the u19 maroons game for the first time. Coby Black will be the halfback in 2026. Mitch Woods had a blinder but I think Coby was just as good. You put Mitch Woods in QLD instead and they sure as shit don't come close to NSW. Very impressive kicking.

Only thing I find with Black sometimes is there isn't much more to his game than kicking. He proved on the weekend for Souths that he has a running game and the ability to take the game on himself. I think he needs to improve a little bit on truely digging into the line and then dishing it because he has the speed, strength, running game, squaring off ability and ball playing to really round off his game very well in that element. I was a bit disappointed with some of his big game performances when I had watched him but he was very good with the boot in the origin game. Every kick he did was on point and very good. I think both him and Mitch are eligible for that game next year as well and oh my am I excited. Really impressive kicking game for an 18 year old. Not to mention his play style very similarly resembles Reyno, tick, and he suits a spine of Mozer, himself, Mam and Walsh perfectly.

Coby Black, Mitch Woods and Jake Elliot (NSW 6) were all very good I thought which is a good sign for future halves stocks across the comp.

Obviously a mid to long term injury next year in a really big development year would completely **** that plan up so it can't be completely reliant on him being ready for 26'. I want him to get ample opportunities in the trials and pre-season this coming off-season to really develop him along. He has to be starting every week at 7 for whatever club he finds himself at in Q-cup, HAS TO. Also gets another crack at the u19 origin arena next year I believe so getting Qld over the line will and should be his goal this year not just keeping them in it.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.