OPINION who would you pick as the next Broncos number 7?

Who do you think will be Reynolds replacement as our next Halfback?

• Sam Walker

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Lachlan Lam

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Other

Votes: 36 63.2%

• Total voters
A player with a prodigious schoolboy pedigree takes until his 30th game to click at halfback in relatively shit systems and it’s just a rich vein of form rather than ability? At the end of the day he is a good enough halfback to keep a far less talented side than ours in the upper echelon of the competition regardless of your ability to patiently wait for players to click at this level that is the facts.

Sure he could very possibly lose that form just as quickly as he got it but that’s entirely based on him struggling (as all inexperienced halfbacks do) in his first season or two worth of games.

3 players are in the convo Walker (pipe dream), Black (nowhere near ready) and Sexton (could very well go either way).

As much as Sexton is probably enjoying his time at the Dogs, Mitch woods is a gem and the Dogs will likely chuck him in a bit premature. At the end of this contract if there is a starting spot at Brisbane available with our roster, back in his home state and with blokes he grew up playing footy with, he is probably going to look at it very closely. The roosters lack in its entirety a long kicking game. Sam Walker is a good player and would suit our attack but we need a general more than we need a bloke to add some potency.

I could very easily see Sexton going the way of Croft/Madden but I think in terms of who best suits what we need, without breaking the bank and having tremendous potential whilst also not provoking Black into an immediate release cause his future here is gone it’s Toby Sexton.

Sexton for mine. Titans were the envy of the comp and us when they picked him up.

P.S. don’t mind balancing out the squad with an ugly **** that actually has to be a good footy player to pick up chicks on the weekend.

I tell you what Fitzy....... you read much better when you use paragraphs and punctuation. Well done sir...... have you been doing some study?

I'd be happier with Ben Hunt (surely he wants to get away from the Dragons) as a caretaker, until we start blooding Black, regularly.

Every new Halfback for the last 10 years has been talked up as if they are special because in reality there is one good one every 3 years or so at best.

I would bet any 7 in the game right now that has 30 games or more was the best at their age group or close to it because the quality of 7s coming through for years now has been dire.
He’s one of 3 schoolboys that have debuted in the last half a decade to have an excellent pedigree coming into first grade systems that are starting currently (At Halfback). The other two is Walker and Katoa. The rest either haven’t quite cracked it to stay in, are plying there trade in cup still or have entered first grade through the five-eighth position. 1 of 3 and the other 2 are genuine guns.

Sexton came through with as big a wrap as any of them. For him though he found his way into a shit system at the titans to develop his talents. Katoa developed very well in the panthers system (also was far and away physically advanced in comparison to the other 2) and then shackled up with uncle Wayne, that’s as good as it gets. Walker was in the Bronx system till he essentially graduated then went down to the chooks. Not to mention the household he came from definitely helps with development.

For mine it’s Sexton all day of the week.

He’s one of 3 schoolboys that have debuted in the last half a decade to have an excellent pedigree coming into first grade systems that are starting currently (At Halfback). The other two is Walker and Katoa. The rest either haven’t quite cracked it to stay in, are plying there trade in cup still or have entered first grade through the five-eighth position. 1 of 3 and the other 2 are genuine guns.

Sexton came through with as big a wrap as any of them. For him though he found his way into a shit system at the titans to develop his talents. Katoa developed very well in the panthers system (also was far and away physically advanced in comparison to the other 2) and then shackled up with uncle Wayne, that’s as good as it gets. Walker was in the Bronx system till he essentially graduated then went down to the chooks. Not to mention the household he came from definitely helps with development.

For mine it’s Sexton all day of the week.

That's not really true, Sexton was with the Bulldogs originally and they let him go to the Titans in 2019, then he went back to the Bulldogs in 23. Dogs bungled his contract in 2019 and missed a deadline. Meninga got him a start at the Titans.

He wasn't the Queensland U18 half in 2019, it was Walker and James but Sexton was the Australian 6 for the October Test.

James won the Meninga player of the year in 2019 equal with Hammer and was injured at the end of the year for the Test.

Walker and James had much better 2019 than Sexton.

You're retrospectively applying things that didn't exist in 2019.

Broncos are signing Moses.

Let's assume they can, not even the Eels would be incompetent enough to release him so the earliest you could sign him would be November 1 next year for 2027.

Broncos would still have to solve 25 and 26 seasons of football before you get your 33-year-old half.

Let's assume they can, not even the Eels would be incompetent enough to release him so the earliest you could sign him would be November 1 next year for 2027.

Broncos would still have to solve 25 and 26 seasons of football before you get your 33-year-old half.
I dont want moses as hes probably too expensive but Halfbacks seem to age like yoda though. It also seems barring cleary the worse they run the better they play.

Watching reyno stride out is like watching Mike tyson do shuttle runs.

All names in the mix have their qualities but Hunt for me is a player a bloke like black could learn from. Imagine having reyno at your club for a few years, and then getting the opportunity to learn from Hunt for 12 months. Would be decent. Also with Hunt we get on field leadership that we really need in that HB role.

2025 is still Reynolds, and Parra release Moses early for 2026 (we can give them Cobbo and Paix).

2025 is still Reynolds, and Parra release Moses early for 2026 (we can give them Cobbo and Paix).
For someone like Moses he would be looking at what's here (player wise), see the potential and think he can guide this team to a premiership.
I think that would be a big drawcard for a 7.

Moses if you want a shot at a premiership instantly but small window and hope Black sticks around.
Hunt if you want to go all in on Black in 27.
Walker or Sexton if you want a bigger premiership window - Walker if you want 2023 style, Sexton more structured style possibly.
All in on Black post Reynolds if you want to take a gamble.

62% of voters have chosen other. Geez, whoever made this poll really misread the room

I think finding an experienced half is going to be a pipe dream. We need to rely on Mam and Walsh to be mature enough to run a team with a rookie halfback. He just needs to do his job in the 7 and the other playmakers need to be mature enough to make the right plays.

I am assuming you're not getting 30 games out of Reynolds. I can't see a release. Ryles would be mad. Moses only signed last year there is nothing in it for the Eels to let him go.

They have to go full Dragons and sell it to him.

You release your Origin half two years early to go play somewhere else, while your rookie coach comes last, and Moses wins a premiership with you paying part of his salary- that is a disaster.

Moses if you want a shot at a premiership instantly but small window and hope Black sticks around.
Hunt if you want to go all in on Black in 27.
Walker or Sexton if you want a bigger premiership window - Walker if you want 2023 style, Sexton more structured style possibly.
All in on Black post Reynolds if you want to take a gamble.
So in conclusion, Tyson gamble?

I am assuming you're not getting 30 games out of Reynolds. I can't see a release. Ryles would be mad. Moses only signed last year there is nothing in it for the Eels to let him go.

You release your Origin half two years early to go play somewhere else, while your rookie coach comes last, and Moses wins a premiership with you paying part of his salary- that is a disaster.
That is NRL

That's why we have to trade someone e.g. Cobbo (even Mam).

This may sound very far fetched and silly and probably is but what about trying to get Walsh into a halfback role? He has shown he can play with lots of confidence, good ball playing ability, good kicking, fast on his feet. Might be an interesting proposition to give him a go and really give him time under a good coach to learn how to play half. Nicho Hynes seems to have adapted to the role well with time. I also think Matt Burton has really shined going into 5/8 with time.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Galah
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.