OPINION who would you pick as the next Broncos number 7?

Who do you think will be Reynolds replacement as our next Halfback?

• Sam Walker

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Lachlan Lam

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Other

Votes: 36 64.3%

• Total voters
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Now you know the reason why I was happy to give Madden until Reynolds comeback.

Oof, Rogers can be a depth five-eighth, but halfback?
But he's just been signed to the top 30 until 2026 though

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Not harsh to bag a half back in that ragtag side playing his what second game of the year and third of first grade.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Not harsh to bag a half back in that ragtag side playing his what second game of the year and third of first grade.

His defence wasn`t good enough .
No threat in attack . Kicks were ordinary .

Sorry for my sub par comprehension, but why keep on apologising for these guys like you`re their mum ? LOL .

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
Halfback is such an important part of a side and seeing the teams with quality 7s do so well while we have struggled since our 7 was injured is giving me nightmares about life post Reynolds (just like how tough life was pre Reynolds).

If you were Broncos management would you consider shopping Hass around and using his money to buy a half? Use the Storm model of a strong 1,6,7 and 9 then fill the team around them with whoever you can?

We don't seem to have much trouble bringing through young forwards and would still have Carigan and Wilison. Surely you wouldn't have to try that hard to find someone to take on the Hass contract.

You'd have Reynolds there as assistant coach working attack with a gun spine as well.

I just can't help but think that 1 Million plus dollars tied up in Hass would be better spent on a game managing half. Given the uncertainty around our 7 i wonder if the idea has been considered even if only for 5 seconds?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Halfback is such an important part of a side and seeing the teams with quality 7s do so well while we have struggled since our 7 was injured is giving me nightmares about life post Reynolds (just like how tough life was pre Reynolds).

If you were Broncos management would you consider shopping Hass around and using his money to buy a half? Use the Storm model of a strong 1,6,7 and 9 then fill the team around them with whoever you can?

We don't seem to have much trouble bringing through young forwards and would still have Carigan and Wilison. Surely you wouldn't have to try that hard to find someone to take on the Hass contract.

You'd have Reynolds there as assistant coach working attack with a gun spine as well.

I just can't help but think that 1 Million plus dollars tied up in Hass would be better spent on a game managing half. Given the uncertainty around our 7 i wonder if the idea has been considered even if only for 5 seconds?
With the emergence of Willison......what you're saying makes perfect sense to me.

Now that Payne is gone
which halfback are we buying.....?

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Roosters will have to have lost the plot if they don't give Walker whatever he wants to stay there.

You can see why he might want to test the market, he could earn just about whatever he wants with the position he's in and the position the Roosters are in.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Moses is making noise at Parra and looks to want to bail, now if he somehow was an option that would be perfect, he wouldn't be cheap but he would be the very rare situation a good experienced 7 is actually available.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Moses is making noise at Parra and looks to want to bail, now if he somehow was an option that would be perfect, he wouldn't be cheap but he would be the very rare situation a good experienced 7 is actually available.

Moses camp is openly shopping. Roosters hold the cards, either way they win.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
if it's Roosters, then the talk of us on Sam Walker might be very real, It's already odd that he is running his contract out this close to Nov 1, usually Roosters are onto it well before then.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

would the fact that Uncle Nick reportedly wont deal with Mitch's manager throw a spanner in the works.

IIRC, we were looking at Moses before he signed his last Eels contract, but Bennett veto'd it

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
would the fact that Uncle Nick reportedly wont deal with Mitch's manager throw a spanner in the works.

IIRC, we were looking at Moses before he signed his last Eels contract, but Bennett veto'd it
idk, the way I see it If Sam Walker looks to be coming to us, Roosters not in a holding cards situation but desperate instead.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
if it's Roosters, then the talk of us on Sam Walker might be very real, It's already odd that he is running his contract out this close to Nov 1, usually Roosters are onto it well before then.
Only got to look at the Mitch Pearce/Cronk situation to see how the Roosters operate.
Walkers a good player but I they might think Moses will win them a premiership quicker than Walker especially after his origin series this year.
Somehow though they'll manage to have Walker and Moses with Chad as their depth half.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Only got to look at the Mitch Pearce/Cronk situation to see how the Roosters operate.
Walkers a good player but I they might think Moses will win them a premiership quicker than Walker especially after his origin series this year.
Somehow though they'll manage to have Walker and Moses with Chad as their depth half
I get what your saying and while Moses is a better player overall at this stage of his career, Walker is having a career best year but the issue is he doesn't want to resign with Roosters(it is rare if ever that a Roosters player that both sides want to keep have waited this long to have it done as Nov 1 is coming close), I think he would have been their First option and Moses in reality will probably be stuck at Parra till 26 when his contract expires.

Roosters squad in general is going to look weaker next year when you have JWH retiring and Manu gone plus Teddy is getting old and will need replacing sooner rather than later, It might sound weird but we might have Pull to bring Walker here over him staying there, we undoubtly will have the better squad next year and beyond atleast from an individual standpoint(shit performance aside this year).

Walsh will be the Fullback for Qld for years to come, Mam had a shit year but when the team is on he is a killer Instinct half and we have the next big Hooker coming through with Moser.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

Fairly sure the manager in question is Mitch’s uncle or cousin

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • ParraMania
  • Spoon
  • Sproj
  • Skyblues87
  • Accept
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.