OPINION who would you pick as the next Broncos number 7?

Who do you think will be Reynolds replacement as our next Halfback?

• Sam Walker

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Lachlan Lam

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Other

Votes: 36 63.2%

• Total voters
Anyone else think the club should just sign Ben Hunt for one season from 2025-2026. It would give Black two full seasons in Qcup. Hes the same age as Reyno but had alot less injuries.

Probably less of a gamble than someone like Sexton and even 80% Hunt is better than Madden.

Anyone else think the club should just sign Ben Hunt for one season from 2025-2026. It would give Black two full seasons in Qcup. Hes the same age as Reyno but had alot less injuries.

Probably less of a gamble than someone like Sexton and even 80% Hunt is better than Madden.
I don't like the idea of going for Sexton, just seems like getting a player while they are on a rich vien of form rather than their ability

If we can't get Walker then this Idea doesn't sound bad at all tbh, it's putting alot of Faith in Black coming good but he does seem a bit better then the other 7s at his age.

I'll allow it. But not sure where Ben fits after that where I assume Adam stays on as halves coach.

Out of the box, Mam to 7, Te Maire Martin to 6 (on current form, slightly better than Walker).

Pretty torn on it tbh. I liked what I saw from Sexton last season when he moved to the Dogs mid season, so I've been on the Sexton train for a while now... I suggested we go after him before he became a regular in the 17. Is that just because he is in what appears to be a good system? Would Madden or Rogers do just as well at the Dogs? We've seen it often enough where a seemingly talented player leaves a good system and just goes to shit.

I don't like the idea of going for Sexton, just seems like getting a player while they are on a rich vien of form rather than their ability

If we can't get Walker then this Idea doesn't sound bad at all tbh, it's putting alot of Faith in Black coming good but he does seem a bit better then the other 7s at his age.
A player with a prodigious schoolboy pedigree takes until his 30th game to click at halfback in relatively shit systems and it’s just a rich vein of form rather than ability? At the end of the day he is a good enough halfback to keep a far less talented side than ours in the upper echelon of the competition regardless of your ability to patiently wait for players to click at this level that is the facts.

Sure he could very possibly lose that form just as quickly as he got it but that’s entirely based on him struggling (as all inexperienced halfbacks do) in his first season or two worth of games.

3 players are in the convo Walker (pipe dream), Black (nowhere near ready) and Sexton (could very well go either way).

As much as Sexton is probably enjoying his time at the Dogs, Mitch woods is a gem and the Dogs will likely chuck him in a bit premature. At the end of this contract if there is a starting spot at Brisbane available with our roster, back in his home state and with blokes he grew up playing footy with, he is probably going to look at it very closely. The roosters lack in its entirety a long kicking game. Sam Walker is a good player and would suit our attack but we need a general more than we need a bloke to add some potency.

I could very easily see Sexton going the way of Croft/Madden but I think in terms of who best suits what we need, without breaking the bank and having tremendous potential whilst also not provoking Black into an immediate release cause his future here is gone it’s Toby Sexton.

Sexton for mine. Titans were the envy of the comp and us when they picked him up.

P.S. don’t mind balancing out the squad with an ugly **** that actually has to be a good footy player to pick up chicks on the weekend.

I'm ok with Sexton as well because he is a decent game manager and they are so hard to find. He would allow our x factor players to do their thing and he wouldn't cost a fortune. It also allows us a year or two at least to see how Black comes along.

If we end up losing Cobbo which would be so sad, that also means we likely don't need to shed anyone else and could bring Sexton in.

What do you guys think of this for 2026:

1. Walsh
2. Skelton
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Sexton
8. Willison
9. Mozer
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Bukowski/Black
15. Te Kura
16. Semu/Someone
17. Hetherington/Someone

Walker is not the type of half back we need. Does a few flash things in attack but has no powerful kicking game and defense is a huge weakness of his because of his size.

Someone please justify Walker and his price tag.

TMM would be the other that we could look at. It would be Hunt for 1 year, TMM or Sexton.

Or Mam turns into our halfback somehow.

At least there's a few options for post reyno days that seem to be viable.

A player with a prodigious schoolboy pedigree takes until his 30th game to click at halfback in relatively shit systems and it’s just a rich vein of form rather than ability? At the end of the day he is a good enough halfback to keep a far less talented side than ours in the upper echelon of the competition regardless of your ability to patiently wait for players to click at this level that is the facts.

Sure he could very possibly lose that form just as quickly as he got it but that’s entirely based on him struggling (as all inexperienced halfbacks do) in his first season or two worth of games.

3 players are in the convo Walker (pipe dream), Black (nowhere near ready) and Sexton (could very well go either way).

As much as Sexton is probably enjoying his time at the Dogs, Mitch woods is a gem and the Dogs will likely chuck him in a bit premature. At the end of this contract if there is a starting spot at Brisbane available with our roster, back in his home state and with blokes he grew up playing footy with, he is probably going to look at it very closely. The roosters lack in its entirety a long kicking game. Sam Walker is a good player and would suit our attack but we need a general more than we need a bloke to add some potency.

I could very easily see Sexton going the way of Croft/Madden but I think in terms of who best suits what we need, without breaking the bank and having tremendous potential whilst also not provoking Black into an immediate release cause his future here is gone it’s Toby Sexton.

Sexton for mine. Titans were the envy of the comp and us when they picked him up.

P.S. don’t mind balancing out the squad with an ugly **** that actually has to be a good footy player to pick up chicks on the weekend.
Every new Halfback for the last 10 years has been talked up as if they are special because in reality there is one good one every 3 years or so at best.

I would bet any 7 in the game right now that has 30 games or more was the best at their age group or close to it because the quality of 7s coming through for years now has been dire.

How dare you Sir!!

Broncos are signing Moses.
Loop Trump GIF

Active Now

• Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.