RANT Why did it take Milford 5 years to play decent football again?

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
I don't understand it.

Since half way through 2016 he just put his feet up.

Only in the last couple of weeks has he looked anything like he used to.

Is his contract the worst value for money the Broncos have ever signed?

Yes that contract ruined him. Now that the burden is gone, he’s playing better. If he took unders next season and stayed to play with Reynolds, it could have worked really well for him.

Only explanation possible is the weight of his contract around his neck. As soon as that became a non issue, the shackles were off.

Still gives me the royal shits though, and if nothing else is a cautionary tale about giving players huge money before their time.

It's fucked clubs have no leverage to just sack players for shit performance.

If we could've booted him earlier we'd have been in a better situation by now.

He's been hot and cold for three years. Just because he played well today doesn't mean he'll replicate it next. We've seen this before.

Reynolds, on the other hand, is consistent. As long as he stays fit, he'll deliver every week. If not, we have Gamble or Kelly as backup. Billy Walters, maybe even Ezra Mam, if it gets to that. We'll be fine.

Couldve handed his contract back and renegotiated it if it was that much of a problem for his motivation

farewell though Milly, thanks for the highlights

Yes that contract ruined him. Now that the burden is gone, he’s playing better. If he took unders next season and stayed to play with Reynolds, it could have worked really well for him.
He wasn’t offered unders afaik?

and on this form $350k at souffs is a steal.

obviously the forms not a given to be maintained tho

He’s only on a one year deal at south’s and all his family is in Queensland. I think if he continues his form into next year and our halves are lacking we could probably get him back.

I think a lot will depend on Mam's progression.

He’s only on a one year deal at south’s and all his family is in Queensland. I think if he continues his form into next year and our halves are lacking we could probably get him back.
So by 2023 we might have premiership winning halves

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • Aldo
  • broncs30
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncotville
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.