Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Why Jamayne Isaako wants to replace Anthony Milford as Brisbane’s fullback

source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't say I've seen much from him to suggest he's got the skills to make it as a modern day Fullback.

I think to compete as a top shelf Fullback you've really got to be a highly skilled ballplayer or a devastating ball runner, or in a perfect world you'd be a combination of the two.

I'm not sure Isaako really meets either of these two criteria at this stage.

Can't say I've seen much from him to suggest he's got the skills to make it as a modern day Fullback.

I think to compete as a top shelf Fullback you've really got to be a highly skilled ballplayer or a devastating ball runner, or in a perfect world you'd be a combination of the two.

I'm not sure Isaako really meets either of these two criteria at this stage.

I'd posit that he's more likely to develop a ball playing game than milford is to develop into a devastating ball runner.

I'd posit that he's more likely to develop a ball playing game than milford is to develop into a devastating ball runner.
Both are probably long shots to be honest.

At least Milford has been a devastating ball runner in the past (a lot lighter than he is now) so you have some past performance to rely on.

Both are probably long shots to be honest.

At least Milford has been a devastating ball runner in the past (a lot lighter than he is now) so you have some past performance to rely on.
True, I guess I was thinking of devastating runner more along the lines of Teddy or RTS.

True, I guess I was thinking of devastating runner more along the lines of Teddy or RTS.
I'm not saying he was at their level, but you should re-watch some highlights of old Canberra Milford if you haven't done so in a while. I did and honestly, some of the stuff he was doing on a regular basis makes it hard to believe he's the same player we have now.

I should make it clear, I'm not bagging him at all. Just pointing out how radically different he is as a player overall, both for better and for worse.

are you attempting to troll us right now ...

Milford has shown to be a devastating runner of the footy, in fact that is his biggest strength.

Isaako has never shown much in the way of playmaking ability (or the ability to stay in position)

and it is far easier for Milford to get back to his best running game than it is for Isaako to develop a playmaking game from scratch.

I think he could be, the pass he threw the other week back on the inside was a gem and better than what I've seen milf throw.
I think he is on par with milf in the running department aswell, the only thing he is out of his depth in is defense. Milford hasn't shown me anything in the last few weeks that screams for him to stay ar one, he is just being used as another half.

are you attempting to troll us right now ...

Milford has shown to be a devastating runner of the footy, in fact that is his biggest strength.

Isaako has never shown much in the way of playmaking ability (or the ability to stay in position)

and it is far easier for Milford to get back to his best running game than it is for Isaako to develop a playmaking game from scratch.

He'll never ever have the running game of the elite fullbacks in the competition. Ever.

And he's had, what, 10 games at full back and failed to crack 100m on the majority of occasions. Some people are living in a fantasy land when it comes to how he's performing.

He probably had his best game at fullback for us on Friday which is great but it was still middling from what you should expect and the team needs from a modern fullback.

Last edited:
He'll never ever have the running game of the elite fullbacks in the competition. Ever.

complete and utter BS

And he's had, what, 10 games at full back and failed to crack 100m on the majority of occasions. Some people are living in a fantasy land when it comes to how he's performing.

He probably had his best game at fullback for us on Friday which is great but it was still middling from what you should expect and the team needs from a modern fullback.

do you even watch the games or just look at stats ... he has pretty much been playing 5/8 in attack.

give the guy a proper pre-season to get his fitness to the level required of a fullback, and a bit more experience in the role and he will be up there with the best fullbacks in the NRL

complete and utter BS

do you even watch the games or just look at stats ... he has pretty much been playing 5/8 in attack.

give the guy a proper pre-season to get his fitness to the level required of a fullback, and a bit more experience in the role and he will be up there with the best fullbacks in the NRL

He wont be up there with the best of either position if his coach keeps making him play both.

He already was one of the best in a position.

That's great you think he'll be able to compete with Teddy, RTS, Tturbo, Ponga etc but I'm here to tell you you're dreaming.

if you think that you are seriously deluded ...

Oh shit you mustn't have watched at all last year. Maybe try it. Milf was winning us games for fun.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.