8. Kenny
9. Marsh
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Thaiday
13. Eastwood

14. Beale
15. Taylor
16. Wapau (If he is as decent as people say then FFS give him a run.)
17. Sims

Frank the Tank said:
just think how much better a position we'd be in if Bennett gave Berrick Barnes more than 15 minutes on the field in the ~18 rounds that we had him in his 1 year contract for.

Haha you're kidding yourself. Barnes is nowhere near as good as what he was cracked up to be. Look at how he's been going for the Reds lately, not setting the world on fire at all. And the only reason he broke into a Wallabies jersey is because the first choice was injured and it is an area where Australia has absolutely no depth whatsoever. You're just looking for another reason to blame Bennett but if Bennett actually did give Barnes a go you would be here saying how Bennett should not have given Barnes a go and I would've agreed with you.

Next year, dare i say it, will be the weakest pack in our history. We will struggle. Its not panicing, its just an honest assesment.

I have seen someone say Hannant can and will be replaced..... well by who? We have some good props in our system but none of them are ready for first grade, let alone to play consistent first grade football. They are all around 3 years off of that. Dave Taylor is the only one who could fill the breach and have a look at how he is going. Sims will move up front, but he still has stupid errors in his game. Kenny is a bench player at best.

Jebadude said:
Frank the Tank said:
just think how much better a position we'd be in if Bennett gave Berrick Barnes more than 15 minutes on the field in the ~18 rounds that we had him in his 1 year contract for.

Haha you're kidding yourself. Barnes is nowhere near as good as what he was cracked up to be. Look at how he's been going for the Reds lately, not setting the world on fire at all. And the only reason he broke into a Wallabies jersey is because the first choice was injured and it is an area where Australia has absolutely no depth whatsoever. You're just looking for another reason to blame Bennett but if Bennett actually did give Barnes a go you would be here saying how Bennett should not have given Barnes a go and I would've agreed with you.

Barnes dominated severely World Cup matches in the no.10 while Larkham was injured the guy is class and was a gigantic loss to our club. Barnes was good every little chance he got and we had nuffies like Berrigan playing halfback (Berrigan is a nuffy only as a halfback) when he was getting 15 minutes as a bench hooker.

From what Ive seen of clinton this season, he sure looks fitter and leaner than ever before, but it seems to be at a cost of strength, he just doesnt seem to have the impact he did when he was heavier. There are a truckload of backs in the nrl that would be bigger and stronger than him at the moment. Id be getting him on the protein and creatine in this coming off season and focusing him strength training. Have him play in the first and last 10-15 minutes of each half.
Clinton does have mongrel, but that seems to have gone with his new leaner frame, hard to be dominant and a mongrel if your feeling and looking as strong as a 6 week old kitten.

blessing in disguise.
This will force Henjak to create some first graders and prove his worth as a coach.

Frank the Tank said:
Jebadude said:
:roll:

whatever, youre the one kidding yourself by the looks of it. he was the next big thing and bennett basically resigned him to buggering off to Union. he had a choice between Union and League and he chose league, so signed the 1 year deal to see if he could make it. hard to even make that decision when the idiot coach then only gives you 15 minutes game time in the first 18 rounds! so he rightly so said 'bugger you' and went to the big money where he was guaranteed some game time. we have noone to blame but Bennett - it is 100% his fault, and as FCB BB AKA MB said, he dominated a few games in the World Cup and is only gonna get better.

Sure he played some good games in the World Cup but that was against sides like Fiji, Japan and Canada. When it came to the bigtime against England he was hopeless and didn't do much in the last Super 14 season either. People were saying Barnes was the 'next Wally Lewis', well what a complete load of utter crap that is. If he stayed at the Broncos to this day I doubt he'd even be getting a start at the top level.

We wouldn't have signed Wallace if we kept Barnes I have absolutely no doubt about it.

It's hard to say for sure but I think Barnes was majorly overhyped when he was here.

You're kidding Frank.

If Barnes wanted to stay he would have, it had nothing to do with WB. He did well playing first grade at 18, so he obviously would have had some sort of future ahead of him at the Broncos. If he didn't realise this im glad he left, i wouldn't want someone so seriously lacking in IQ guiding my football team around.

I back WB to the hill and back with his method of developing young players. Do you honestly think an 18 year old is capable of playing more than a handfull of minutes off of the bench in such a key position, especially at hooker where he would have limited experience? Do you think a green around the gills youngster with half a season of first grade experience would have been capable of directing our team from halfback into the finals and coming up with the pressure plays on a consistent basis? Do you think about these things Frank?

Every young player has to serve their apprenticeship, Barnes was no different.

Frank the Tank said:
he didnt even get to serve his apprenticeship, he was never even selected and when he was he was given absolutely no game time! bennett knew he'd only signed for the year and that he was still interested in union and he made no effort to try and get him to hang around.

I'd say a few appearances off of the bench is a perfect apprenticeship for a young player in his first season...

I'd be interested to hear how you know Bennet made no effort to try and get him to hang around as well ? eusa_think

Frank the Tank said:
Jebadude said:
:roll:

whatever, youre the one kidding yourself by the looks of it. he was the next big thing and bennett basically resigned him to buggering off to Union. he had a choice between Union and League and he chose league, so signed the 1 year deal to see if he could make it. hard to even make that decision when the idiot coach then only gives you 15 minutes game time in the first 18 rounds! so he rightly so said 'bugger you' and went to the big money where he was guaranteed some game time. we have noone to blame but Bennett - it is 100% his fault, and as FCB BB AKA MB said, he dominated a few games in the World Cup and is only gonna get better.

I'm still waiting ... yawn. Think I'll go to sleep.

I think 09 will be very interesting we must resign Wallace !!

As for the team mine would be.

1. Hunt
2. Michaels
3. Hodges
4. Folau
5. Hoffman
6. Locky
7. Wallace
8. Taylor
9. Marsh
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Thaiday
13. Eastwood

14. Kenny
15. McCollough
16. Sims
17. Wapau

Wallace is signed till next year.

Frank the Tank said:

Just think how many fewer Premierships we would have if Bennett was coaching our team for the last 21 years eusa_think

We won in 06 Frankles....that's correct 06. Like not even 2 seasons ago....under Bennett's coaching.

Who gives a $hit about Barnes he wanted to play Union he left we won a Premiership the year he left.. I bet he wishes he stayed but whats done is done the Broncos will live to fight another day.

Frank seems to forget the reality of NRL where Salary Cap constraints mean that calls have to be made about who to keep and who to cut. I might be wrong but didn't Brett Seymour make Qld or Oz rep honours as a junior and was viewed at the time as our long term answer to the half-back woes? I also remember the split as being very amicable and that Barnes said he would come back to the Broncs.

Frank the Tank said:
cameo said:
Frank seems to forget the reality of NRL where Salary Cap constraints mean that calls have to be made about who to keep and who to cut. I might be wrong but didn't Brett Seymour make Qld or Oz rep honours as a junior and was viewed at the time as our long term answer to the half-back woes? I also remember the split as being very amicable and that Barnes said he would come back to the Broncs.
the broncos dropped seymour because of off field behaviour...... he was gonna be the answer to our halfback woes.

Seymour had already been told by the club that he was not wanted for the following season before he was sacked mid year.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • mitch222
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Alec
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • whykickamoocow
  • Shane Tronc
  • Tim K
  • phoenix
  • Skathen
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.