NEWS Why the Broncos went hard to secure Croft

Defence on the edges is the thing for me. With Gillett going I like a second row of Glenn and Carrigan . Macca from the bench to give Turpin a rest then defend in the second row like McInnes might work.

Last edited:
Defence on the edges is the thing for me. With Gillett going I like a second row of Glenn and Carrigan . Macca from the bench to give Turpin a rest then defend in the second row like McInnes might work.

Fifita has to be starting and I also don't think Carrigan is an edge player.

Go back through the threads on Croft, there's quite a few. Even some people confident we will be in the running for the premiership.
I really do hope they're right but I've seen it all before, heaps of hype only to be disappointed.
[/QUOTEi
it's just inevitable some fans tend to have unrealistic biases for their team especially the ones passionate enough to post in forums... And natirally other people will be pessimistic... Only time will tell how it plays out... I think absolute best result we could win the comp with the roster but also worst case we could be contending for the spoon, to take a punt I think we finish 4th

Everyone says he's been "good" for us. The problem is he hasn't been $1 million fantastic for us; our highest paid player of all time good for us. For that kind of money we should expect him to direct the play, boss the opposition and basically be a leader. When he walks out on the field the crowd should erupt. His name isn't even coming up as a captaincy contender. That's how underwhelming he's been.

So yeah, sure he's a "good" player. But he was signed to be the next Lockyer, Lewis, Langer, Tallis. He's not even remotely in that league.

Contrast him with Cooper Cronk - his peer - in that GF. What use would Milford be if he was relegated to shadowing play with a broken shoulder? He's no Cronk, Thurston, Smith. He's more like Barba, without the issues.
I'd say he's been worth a million, he's played a decent halfback, 5/8 and Fullback all in one game. Divy it out and you've paid him 450k at 5/8, 300k to play Halfback and 250k for Fullback?

I'd say we underpaid..

I'm rarely on the hype train but I strongly believe Croft will be one of our better additions in the last decade. We've needed a genuine half-back since Lockyer retired. It's been too long, a proper fucking 7 with a kicking game and some game management who can slot a field goal.

Bring it on. Broncos for premiers 2020.

I'm rarely on the hype train but I strongly believe Croft will be one of our better additions in the last decade. We've needed a genuine half-back since Lockyer retired. It's been too long, a proper fucking 7 with a kicking game and some game management who can slot a field goal.

So what you're saying is the Broncos aren't the only ones who went hard for Croft? 😏

Proof is in the pudding. Let's see if we have a semblance of a clue come round 1.
Did somebody say pudding?
C2F8E53C 2F54 43BC 9BF2 817CF4FBB138

This is a pretty childish new troll angle from you, bud.

Will this actually be made official at some point or since Lockyer let the Croft out of the Storm, there is no need now?

The Storm have practically made it official by announcing the resigning of Papenhuyzen 2 days after Locky let the cat out of the bag.

This pretty much confirms my initial thoughts that the Storm’s change of heart about not wanting to chip in was to try and free up as much cash in their cap as possible to start resigning their backline stars before the vultures start swooping.

To our credit, we either called their bluff or we just got lucky and once Melbourne realised we weren’t going to pay full freight, the power of balance had changed hands as they obviously saw Croft as the one they could afford to cash in on to try and free up cap space once Smith had confirmed he was playing on in 2020.

Absolutely spot on Kimlo. Lovin your enthusiasm and positivity, there should be much more of it here. That 2019 season is in the past, let's not judge the boys too harshly indefinitely and let our hopes for 2020 be stained forever by that 1 dreadful season. The Crofty signing has got me excited now for next year and can't wait for the footy to begin. What will be will be but let's try to be optimistic and give ourselves a chance!

Last edited:
Yet it's not childish when it's aimed at Milford??

I see you’re point, but Milford has a certain level of expectations being that he’s a professional athlete who was signed for his agility.

I was really just trying to get a laugh by rehashing a joke but yeah a bit childish 😂

Active Now

• BroncosMan
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Xzei
  • MrMoore
  • Jazza
  • leon.bott
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mark H
  • Harry Sack
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Bronx48
  • jd87
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.