Will Chambers at centre of assault complaint

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
Maroons' Will Chambers at centre of assault complaint

I can't begin to imagine the sledging from nsw if qld were to blood rookies and we lost in a whitewash, but at the end of the day isn't it pride that's gotten us to this point of being 2 games down anyway? In a game that really doesn't count, I can't understand why selectors wouldn't try more young guys out. There's next to no pressure, you can assume tackles wouldn't be too intentionally harsh (they've already won, why try to take anyone out) and the refs probably won't even have a whistle, for the same reason

And on top of all that, to select a guy who's a key playmaker for an nrl club that's desperate to make the 8, who's barely trained? Has meninga learned nothing??

Last edited:
Maroons really need to avoid that place, it isn't even that good.

Doesn't sound like there was a lot in it if the guy was merely pushed, just a storm in a teacup.

Still, a bit silly from Will. You'd think now that he's received his opportunity he wouldn't do anything to jeoperdise it.

With that said, outside of McGuire, there really isn't anybody to blood.

In a game that really doesn't count, I can't understand why selectors wouldn't try more young guys out. There's next to no pressure, you can assume tackles wouldn't be too intentionally harsh (they've already won, why try to take anyone out) and the refs probably won't even have a whistle, for the same reason

I'm sorry mate but FMD ......

you've got it all wrong.

I think it was 2010 or 11 (the year when Inglis and Beau Scott went at it, I think) A big blue at the end of the game. Gus Gould remarked ....let 'em play again in 3 weeks time.

They'll be plenty of feeling in this make no mistake.

We will be out their belting the piss out of them and desperate for the win.

We will be out their belting the **** out of them and desperate for the win.

Exactly so why play guys who've just come off decent injuries? Dce in game 2, now cronk

Because Cooper Cronk is one of the best players in the game and his comeback is inspirational?

It isn't like he's going to have to learn how to play again, he's been playing with the core of that side since juniors and I'm sure he's going to put in a better effort than either Milford or Hunt would.

Exactly so why play guys who've just come off decent injuries? Dce in game 2, now cronk

Because players who bleed the maroon blood have been known to play on one leg and still give it to the cockroaches......and they certainly weren't "taking it easy" on anyone.

Last edited:
True but I'd feel more confident in cronk if he'd played this week

It's great for qld to finally have a decent kicker back but inspirational doesn't always equal points on the board
Might be the closet storm fan in me but I'd hate to see him reinjured for playing

And I definitely don't want to see a cockroach dynasty all because qld refuse to see there's a future beyond the big 3

Last edited:
FMD! As if the Blues are going to go easy in this game. They will be circling for a "Blue Rinse" as they're calling it. I would love nothing more than Gallen to hold that shield up after losing by 50.

As far as this incident is concerned, it doesn't seem like that big of a drama...we'll see.

I don't think anybody on either team is going to be taking easy. so many of the NSW players like Gallen, Bird, Scott etc are fuckwits but to their credit they never take a backward step. I can't see them or any NSW players holding back after theyve been humiliated for 8 long years

I don't think anybody on either team is going to be taking easy. so many of the NSW players like Gallen, Bird, Scott etc are ****wits but to their credit they never take a backward step. I can't see them or any NSW players holding back after theyve been humiliated for 8 long years

Should clarify what I meant, not to say it wouldn't be a tough physical game, but one could maybe hope there won't be as many late hits, knee twisting etc as game 2? It felt like there was more than usual last game

Should clarify what I meant, not to say it wouldn't be a tough physical game, but one could maybe hope there won't be as many late hits, knee twisting etc as game 2? It felt like there was more than usual last game

You're kidding right? This is NSW we're talking about. When each player makes their debut those actions are listed on page 1 of the match conduct manual.

I just hope someone can toss this stupid one punch you're off thing out the window and throw one if the situation calls for it. Who wants to see the niggle that went on last game?

It isn't like he's going to have to learn how to play again, he's been playing with the core of that side since juniors and I'm sure he's going to put in a better effort than either Milford or Hunt would.

Better result maybe, better effort unlikely. Regardless of form Cronk owns that #7 until he decides he doesn't want it anymore, Hunt and Milf would both need to put in a huge effort to have any chance of snapping it away from him so for that reason I expect we would get more effort out of one of those guys, just maybe not the result.

Bit of a strawman there, by that logic, Robert Lui is a better pick because he'd have to put in a 'huge effort' to keep his spot.

Also, don't think there is a player who gives it his all more than Cronk...

I agree but cronk is a mere mortal.. Can't play forever. He's great but it's a bit presumptuous to imply qld have had it once all these guys who give their all have to retire, over guys (within reason and form obviously, Meninga's made some strange calls but he's not about to pick Robert lui) who've never had the chance to prove whether they can give their all and to what degree

Last edited:
That's not the implication at all.

The only implication here is that Cooper Cronk is a great player who has gone over and beyond to get himself right for this game and on the basis of his past performances and effort he should be rewarded.

We shouldn't be handing out jerseys to rookies for the sake of blooding them. This story means more to the Maroons than that.

The logic for potentially giving a jersey to a rookie last game was because of injury. I'd hope the story means more to Queensland than to see our best guys retire through injury (Tate) and being forced out of a career and then having no choice but rely on young guns. Isn't that what happened this year?

I agree they shouldn't just blood them for the sake of it, but I'm leaning more on the side of game 3 being one where there's nothing to lose and everything to gain to test some rookies, instead of leaving it 1,2,3 years and having to do it with our backs against the wall, Given that there might be a few players retiring close together

But I can also see the other side, that risking new blokes and potentially losing 3-0 gives the grubs massive confidence going into 2015. Just think there should be a clearer medium between blooding for the sake of it and blooding because you've got no other choice

Last edited:
They found that medium which is why Papalii and DCE were given shots last year and they draft players into the squad all the time.

I honestly cannot see how Cooper Cronk coming back from an injury that was supposed to sideline him for months early to restore some pride to state he loves is a bad thing especially when Cronk is still one of the best players in the sport. Milford and Friend will have their day but none of them are ready right now.

I just think you're pointing fingers at the wrong player is all.

The only obvious omission here was McGuire. I would have loved to have seen Josh given a chance to test himself amongst the best, I feel like he's been ready for some time now and believe he's better than a few options Mal has preferred but at the end of the day, that's the only bad selection.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • leon.bott
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.