Will the broncos beat melbourne next week

K

kimlo_

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2008
Now that melbourne have lost two in a row and the broncos have won 3 in a row, what do you guys think (without be biased at all) about the broncos chances against melbourne. TBH I think this year roosters and broncos are the best team, and i think that broncos will defeat melbourne this weeks, but im sort of worried will melbourne loose 3 in a row? or will they come out firing and beat the broncos.

Give your opinion on the match who you think will win and by how much

broncos by 18

Only time will tell, I think we can and shoudl but if we don't its only round 4. Melbourne have been playing poorly and a due for a turn around, lets just hope it aint next week. The Premiership hangover looks to have snapped them up.

Both Inglis and Crocker are likely returns. But honestly on form you couldn't tip against us especially if Hunt and Locks return. If the boys turn up with the same enthusiasm we should definitely get the points. However, it will be close, Melbourne never get flogged and either seem to win or lose in tight ones or flog their opponent as they are good defensively like us. My pick, Brisbane 16 - Melbourne 12.

I certainly think that the Storm will come out hard at the Broncos ( i reckon they still hurt from us beating them in the 2006 GF :D ) but i think the we can make it a perfect start to the season and go to 4 - 0 for the season.

Broncos by 10

Can we? Certainly.

Will we? I certainly hope so.

Still, when was the last time the Storm got done three weeks in a row?? [icon_confu

Beads6 said:
Only time will tell, I think we can and shoudl but if we don't its only round 4. Melbourne have been playing poorly and a due for a turn around, lets just hope it aint next week. The Premiership hangover looks to have snapped them up.

I don't think melbourne have been playing poorly but cronulla and roosters, have been playing absolutely brilliant. I wouldn't say its the storms poor form rather the oppostions superb form. No denying roosters are a very good side, so no suprise they beat them and i think the broncos will be just too strong.

They might have crocker and inglis back but we have lockyer, hunt, parker and clinton back
Lockyer>inglis, Parker>Crocker Hunt>slater. So for returns we are just as well in the returns department for next week.(not to mention ennis is back and he was just superb)

mick! said:
Can we? Certainly.

Still, when was the last time the Storm got done three weeks in a row?? [icon_confu

When the salary cap hit them [icon_razz1
Thats what the salary cap does :D

mick! said:
Can we? Certainly.

I can't remember the last time they lost 2 in a row eusa_think

just found the info.

Melbourne have lost back-to-back NRL games for the first time in two years as the Sydney Roosters continued the premiers' rocky start to 2008 with a 10-6 victory at the Sydney Football Stadium tonight.(thats a long time.......)

If sharks and tigers lose this week, the broncos will be outright first on the nrl ladder

Did you not watch the game?Storm dropped a lot of ball& didnt play to their game plan at all.Chooks were very good but the penalties also went their way 8-2 I think it was.Bad ref on the day.Haynes.Ingliss had his first game back so was a bit rusty on it.
Beware Broncos next week.Bellamy did not look happy.

I hope we roll them. Dirty tactics and all.

We'll steam roll their forward pack and then leave it to our backs to finish off with the way we're going. Looking to take a few Storms players out with big hits from Sims and Hannant again!

The pressure will be on the Storm this week not the Broncos, we are in good form have a good start to the season and are hitting up 07 prems. We will be full of confidence and ready to go. Storm are looking at 3 straight losses at home and will be feeling the pressure to take away the win. 06 GF revisited. Broncos to win in a close game.

kimlo said:
Beads6 said:

I don't think melbourne have been playing poorly but cronulla and roosters, have been playing absolutely brilliant. I wouldn't say its the storms poor form rather the oppostions superb form. No denying roosters are a very good side, so no suprise they beat them and i think the broncos will be just too strong.

They might have crocker and inglis back but we have lockyer, hunt, parker and clinton back
Lockyer>inglis, Parker>Crocker Hunt>slater. So for returns we are just as well in the returns department for next week.(not to mention ennis is back and he was just superb)

A melbourne team playing half decent doesn't lose two games in a row! Roosters and Sharks are playing well but not good enough to knock off an inform Storm side. _woohoo_

Beads6 said:
kimlo said:
Beads6 said:

A melbourne team playing half decent doesn't lose two games in a row! Roosters and Sharks are playing well but not good enough to knock off an inform Storm side. _woohoo_

Ummm.. Sorry there, A inform roosters will knock off an inform Storm, the salary cap has been made so basically any team on their day can beat any other team. Saying a inform storm team wouldn't lose two in a row is a bit silly considering they have versed two very serious premiership contenders. Now im sure if they had challenged anyone BUT these two teams they wouldn't have lost twice in a row(melbourne just managed to scrape a win against sharks last year 17-16 and they were *inform* then)

Melbourne havn't been out of form, they have just been beaten by simple BETTER teams, they played the warriors round one, they were brilliant and smashed them, but the roosters and sharks are no warriors.

So your basically saying that melbourne has easily the best team in the competition to be able to beat roosters(a excellent side this year) and sharks(another great side this year) playing only half decent. A bit silly if you ask me.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.