Will Wayne Leave If No Cigar In Next 2 Years?

Has he ever produced a story that turned out true?????
I am flabbergasted that he keeps his job. Doesn't say much about the intelligence of his boss either.

Has he ever produced a story that turned out true?????
I am flabbergasted that he keeps his job. Doesn't say much about the intelligence of his boss either.
This sort of reporting is all about getting as many hits as possible. The truth is not even second to that, it's last!

Unfortunately, that is the sports media panorama in Australia, where sensationalism is very much standing in the way of professional journalism.

This sort of reporting is all about getting as many hits as possible. The truth is not even second to that, it's last!

Unfortunately, that is the sports media panorama in Australia, where sensationalism is very much standing in the way of professional journalism.

Unfortunately this is exactly right. We are at a point where journalism in general is all about clicks and nothing to do with facts and truth. Reporters couldn't give a **** about what they write as long as people are reading.

Unfortunately this is exactly right. We are at a point where journalism in general is all about clicks and nothing to do with facts and truth. Reporters couldn't give a **** about what they write as long as people are reading.

The more hits they get the more they can make from selling advertising space ... it seems to be as simple as that these days.

never let the truth get in the way of a good story

It's not like it's a sport thing either, it's endemic of the whole industry of "journalism". Facts and unbiased reported died a long time ago, now it's always about taking one position or another, and stoking the flames.

It's not like it's a sport thing either, it's endemic of the whole industry of "journalism". Facts and unbiased reported died a long time ago, now it's always about taking one position or another, and stoking the flames.
There is some good journalism left in other sectors... not in sports press though, at least in Australia!

Trump might be onto something about the "Fake news".

Trump might be onto something about the "Fake news".
Nah, he just calls fake news anything unsupportive of him... but let's not pollute this thread with this stuff.

I don't think he would retire until the end of his contract.

At the moment, we have no one that has been groomed to take over.
Jason Demetriou could possibly be Wayne's successor, I mean his track record is good and depending on how well he influences the boys at Redhill under Wayne's watchful eye could be all he needs to take the helm. Obviously Kevvy would be ideal but with his priorities being with the Queensland camp I don't see him juggling both or dropping one for the other.

Jason Demetriou could possibly be Wayne's successor, I mean his track record is good and depending on how well he influences the boys at Redhill under Wayne's watchful eye could be all he needs to take the helm. Obviously Kevvy would be ideal but with his priorities being with the Queensland camp I don't see him juggling both or dropping one for the other.
JD is the next big thing in terms of coaching, and the Broncos signed him. I'm positive of our future.

JD is the next big thing in terms of coaching, and the Broncos signed him. I'm positive of our future.
The only thing that worries me with JD is the fact that he has moved around alot (NRL, SL, QLDC, NSWC) if he does become Wayne's successor then I hope he has a lengthy stint with the Broncos not just get the Premiership and move on.

The only thing that worries me with JD is the fact that he has moved around alot (NRL, SL, QLDC, NSWC) if he does become Wayne's successor then I hope he has a lengthy stint with the Broncos not just get the Premiership and move on.

You wouldn't think that'd be the case.
Any head coach NRL gig is essentially the end goal for a coach, and Brisbane would have to be up there in terms of desirability.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Organix
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • marw
  • Galah
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.