Wimbledon 2008 Thread

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Well it's that time of year again. Late nights in front of the tele and nearly falling asleep at work the following day [icon_lol1.

The men's looks a 3-horse race - and the obvious culprits are the 3 to beat.

The women's - well there is only 1 to cheer for here:

ana-ivanovic.jpg

Jeb, we don't see eye to eye on some things, but on Ana...we got 20 20 synchronised vision! :P

Shes a babe, Id say the Fed Express will win the Mens and it will be between Ana, Jankovic and Sharapova in the Womens.

None the less its a boring sport to watch, nearly as bad as Golf

Yep. Hottest tennis player ever. Male or female. (In my memory anyway)

When does it start?

Wimbledon is always awesome.

Ivanovic FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Federer will dominate in the men's. No one comes near him on grass IMO.

schmix said:

When does it start?

Tomorrow night.

And I love that you admire the female form icon_thumbs_u Well, the good ones anyway! [icon_lol1.

...then we all shudder as the Williams' sisters run onto the court...

Coxy said:
schmix said:

When does it start?

Tomorrow night.

And I love that you admire the female form icon_thumbs_u Well, the good ones anyway! [icon_lol1.

Some things transcend gender Coxy [icon_wink

Good timing. Last exam tomorrow then weeks upon weeks of freedom which means I can stay up as late as I want icon_thumbs_u

I want Ana to win but see Venus or Serena doing it on the fast grass, also think Fed still may have just too much for Rafa this year but he will continue to get closer to him here.

Transcend gender? Nah. You'll never get me to say Nadal or Federer are hot! :P Or those big blokes who play as well...um, Serena and Venus are their names I think?

Lol. You'll never get me saying any of that either! [icon_lol1.

Ana/Federer double for mine!

Don't usually get THAT into tennis - love the Aus Open because of the timeslot, but NOTHING beats watching Wimbledon IMO. Really looking forward to some sleepless nights.

Good start for all the Aussies except Guccione.

Hewitt through in a tough 5 setter and Dellacqua in 3

Stosur cruised through, as did our girl Ana!

Fed Express also breezed through

Looking good so far

Lleyton Hewitt - king of 5-setters!!!! Doesn't say much about his overall tennis ability but bloody hell he can go the distance when asked to!!

Jebadude said:
Lleyton Hewitt - king of 5-setters!!!! Doesn't say much about his overall tennis ability but bloody hell he can go the distance when asked to!!

I think Hewitt for some reason has moments during a game where he lets the opponent back in and then lets them get on top but then somehow fights back and wins.

Its quite remarkable, it will get him into a lot of trouble though against the better players in the tournament though!

Jeza23 said:
Jebadude said:

I think Hewitt for some reason has moments during a game where he lets the opponent back in and then lets them get on top but then somehow fights back and wins.

Its quite remarkable, it will get him into a lot of trouble though against the better players in the tournament though!

The better players in the tournament will beat him before its taken to a 5th set, but if Hewitt takes it to 5 sets I'll back him every time.

He is gutsy if nothing else, but as you said he doesn't have the game or matches under his belt to really trouble Roger, Rafa or Novak. He will have trouble with Gonzalez in the 3rd round before he even gets to Roger in the 4th.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.