Wimbledon 2008 Thread

FCB BB AKA MB said:
He is gutsy if nothing else, but as you said he doesn't have the game or matches under his belt to really trouble Roger, Rafa or Novak. He will have trouble with Gonzalez in the 3rd round before he even gets to Roger in the 4th.

I can see the Gonzalez match going to 5, in fact I'll put money on it!! Then you'd think if he prevails he will lose in straight sets to the Fed.

Jebadude said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
He is gutsy if nothing else, but as you said he doesn't have the game or matches under his belt to really trouble Roger, Rafa or Novak. He will have trouble with Gonzalez in the 3rd round before he even gets to Roger in the 4th.

I can see the Gonzalez match going to 5, in fact I'll put money on it!! Then you'd think if he prevails he will lose in straight sets to the Fed.

Yeah Hewitt seems to struggle against guys who hit much heavier than he does these days (the injuries can't help his ability to chase balls down like he could) and Gonzalez has some fo the heavier ground strokes going around. That could very well go 5 would not surprise me one bit even Montanes his next match up will be tricky, he has a horrid draw.

Novak v Safin tonight, probably the only match i'll be watching at wimbledon, as Safin will get knocked out and there will be no one left to support.

Jebadude said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:

Definitely. Actually, backing any of Hewitt's matches in any tournment (after round one) to go five sets is always pretty safe and secure. He's a tenacious bugger - even when he only makes the 3rd round or so, he pushes his opponents and makes him earn the win.

Im so glad I didnt stay up for Hewitts match the other night!! He is on again tonight on Nine, and Dellacqua is on fox. I think Ill watch the shorter of the two haha.

fenomeno said:
Novak v Safin tonight, probably the only match i'll be watching at wimbledon, as Safin will get knocked out and there will be no one left to support.

Safin is a legend.

vamos MARAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can finish him off!!!!!!!

Safin was my favourite tennis player back when I could actually stand watching tennis.

I like both Novak and Marat, but kind of wanted Novak to win. Oh well!!

And the most charasmatic player for many a year beats Da Jok

Haha what a legend!!!! No more NOLEK NOLEK

And no more voilence in the stands from Serbian fans either, sorry coxy, i had to say it first this time :P

fenomeno said:
And no more voilence in the stands from Serbian fans either, sorry coxy, i had to say it first this time :P

The Cox isnt here for the next few days so your right!

Ana survived a massive scare in the tiebreak against Natalie Dechy. Its into a 3rd set, hopefully she can pull through [icon_pray.

Chris Cox heard Steve Price was looking for him, needless to say Chris Cox can't be found

Some massive upsets over the past few days. Ivanovic out, Roddick gone, Sharapova gone and there's probably a few others that I've forgotten about.

Looking at the draw, the quater final between Richard Gasquet and Andy Murray should be a good one to watch.

Is Jankovic still there? I heard this afternoon she was in trouble this morning but I didnt get a score and I havent been able to look scores up until now.

Ana, Roddick and Sharpova bowing out were big surprises for me, I expected all 3 to be semi-finalists at least and maybe one of them (most likely Ana) to win it!

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • LittleDavey
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • The True King
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Shane Tronc
  • bb_gun
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • eggstar10
  • Harry Sack
  • teampjta
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.