Wimbledon 2008 Thread

mick! said:
Coxy said:
[quote="mick!":1nxziblr]Williams v Williams female final coming up.

Ugly vs Uglier.

It'd be OK if they met in the final of the French Open. It's an ugly tournament so it fits. Or the US open, it's an ugly country.

But Wimbledon is about grace and class. Such a shame all the hotties got beaten! :P

No so much ugly as "Oh my farrrrking God!! What IS that????!!!"

[icon_lol1.[/quote:1nxziblr]

"Gus WTF is gonnygoogoo?" eusa_think

Well the lesser of two evils won the womens....being Venus. Was quite a good match, very tight could have been very different if Serena had converted some of the many chances she created on the Venus serve.

Apparently - Serena weighs 68kg. Venus 72kg.

Not trying to be rude but how does Venus weigh more than Serena????

Jebadude said:
Apparently - Serena weighs 68kg. Venus 72kg.

Not trying to be rude but how does Venus weigh more than Serena????

I would think she's quite taller then Serena, maybe i'm wrong.

Serena looks bigger because she is stocky looking.

Serena has lost a lot of weight. She used to be heavier. I'd say Venus' height has a lot to do with it.

Federer has just fought back from 2 sets down to square it up for a deciding set.

Nadal was up in the fourth set 5-2 in the tiebreaker, and Federer fought back.

Absolute quality.

Come on Federer!!!

_woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_

Fed is a champion, no doubt about that. Awesome fightback by him, but I am SO happy to see Rafa take it out.

Pfffft. Nadal, all brawn, no brains, no skill, no class. Fluked a win here, Roger will flog him in 09.

Coxy said:
Pfffft. Nadal, all brawn, no brains, no skill, no class. Fluked a win here, Roger will flog him in 09.

Come on Coxy... you don't fluke a 5-set victory over Federer. Honestly, I know you hate the bloke, but give credit where it is due icon_thumbs_u

I do give credit WHERE IT'S DUE. Federer fought back from 2-0 down and nearly stole it from him.

That shows absolute inability of Nadal to finish off a wounded opponent. Well done Federer for once again showing your fighting skills and class that far outshine the muscle bound mutant from Madrid (no idea if he's from Madrid, but it works better than Seville or something...).

Coxy said:
I do give credit WHERE IT'S DUE. Federer fought back from 2-0 down and nearly stole it from him.

That shows absolute inability of Nadal to finish off a wounded opponent. Well done Federer for once again showing your fighting skills and class that far outshine the muscle bound mutant from Madrid (no idea if he's from Madrid, but it works better than Seville or something...).

But, again, you're devaluing Federer if you can't praise someone with the ability to get to the stage where he's up 2-0 IMO. But it's all academic now, really...

Yep, academic. Nadal's a cocksmoker with a wimbledon crown. Before last night he was just a cocksmoker with a THOUSAND clay titles. Woop-de-fuckin-do :P

What a match, great stuff. I love Federer but if he was gonna lose his Wimbledon crown I am glad it was with a huge fight. Absolute epic stuff, Nadal is a champion.

Great match on both accounts and good to see Rafa take it out, though I would've been happy with the result either way.

Not that i give a flying duck about tennis... but i can't wait for the day Rafa has the number 1.

I really can't take to Federer.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Mr Fourex
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.