Without Hodges the Broncos are nothing in attack.

It does matter if you finish 1 or 2, but 3rd, 4th or 5th is no difference if the top 2 sides win the first week (which they will)

renouf said:
It does matter if you finish 1 or 2, but 3rd, 4th or 5th is no difference if the top 2 sides win the first week (which they will)

It does help if you finish higher, but if you are good enough you can win it from anywhere.

Yeah I guess, I don't care if we finish 5th, as long as we win all our remaining games we'll go into the finals with some momentum.

rnabokov said:
fenomeno said:
Moon's not overrated, he's just an average player, i am not sure who rated him in the first place.

For Christ's sake - or in this case the Bronc's - we need motivation, a decent game plan, passion and commitment.

Clearly - ourt current coaching staff can''t DELIVER.

Let's therefore look to 2009 - this season is GOORNE.

We don't need your negative crap thats for sure. We lost big deal we are 5th on the ladder lets all cry and whinge.
You have NFI we don't need to hit our straps yet come finals time we will be at the top of our game and other teams will be running scared.

You do over do it RNA...

I agree somewhat though, we lack the polish and consistent grit that teams like Manly and Melbourne have. This has to come back to coaching and preparation.

I was more irritated by yesterdays defensive lapses then anything we didn't do in attack.

Scotty said:
Jebadude said:
Scotty said:
footymad... Hodges is a great player to have in attack when he is available, but he is not the be all and end all. And in regards to the other Broncos you named, Boyd, Kemp etc, Just because a player isn't a superstar doesn't mean they're rubbish like Moon

Fixed your typo [icon_wink

lol you're an asshat jeb

I don't know where this "Moon is overrated" thing comes from [icon_shru How can you be "overrated" when you're a fringe player who has only had a handful of starts for your team? eusa_think
He might not be a very good player (Although as most of you know I think he is decent and should be given more of a chance) but "overrated" doesn't really apply to him.

See most people think he is decent and I don't reckon he is decent. Therefore over-rated, regardless of how many chances he has had.

And I think everyone should just ignore rnabokov, because he said the same things in 2006. He wrote us off and was proven wrong and proven to be one of the most frustrating fans that has ever graced this forum. 2 years on and nothing has changed. Maybe he just needs to realise that the reality is we are running 5th, only 5 points behind 1st and are building towards the finals. The Warriors game was always a danger game because we traditionally struggle across the ditch, and when we are missing 3 of our top players we were always going to find it tough.

He just needs to realise that a loss in round 22 (and quite a narrow loss at that) does not mean our season is over and we are well placed to make a decent charge towards the finals.

Personally I feel like throwing a tomato at him.

Alec said:
renouf said:

It does help if you finish higher, but if you are good enough you can win it from anywhere.

Well, history actually dictates you can't.

If you were good enough, you wouldn't be down there anyways.

Jebadude said:
Scotty said:
Jebadude said:
Scotty said:
footymad... Hodges is a great player to have in attack when he is available, but he is not the be all and end all. And in regards to the other Broncos you named, Boyd, Kemp etc, Just because a player isn't a superstar doesn't mean they're rubbish like Moon

Fixed your typo [icon_wink

lol you're an asshat jeb

I don't know where this "Moon is overrated" thing comes from [icon_shru How can you be "overrated" when you're a fringe player who has only had a handful of starts for your team? eusa_think
He might not be a very good player (Although as most of you know I think he is decent and should be given more of a chance) but "overrated" doesn't really apply to him.

See most people think he is decent and I don't reckon he is decent. Therefore over-rated, regardless of how many chances he has had.

And I think everyone should just ignore rnabokov, because he said the same things in 2006. He wrote us off and was proven wrong and proven to be one of the most frustrating fans that has ever graced this forum. 2 years on and nothing has changed. Maybe he just needs to realise that the reality is we are running 5th, only 5 points behind 1st and are building towards the finals. The Warriors game was always a danger game because we traditionally struggle across the ditch, and when we are missing 3 of our top players we were always going to find it tough.

He just needs to realise that a loss in round 22 (and quite a narrow loss at that) does not mean our season is over and we are well placed to make a decent charge towards the finals.

Personally I feel like throwing a tomato at him.

Keep the tomatos to yourself. The reality is that with the team we have and the coach we are meant to have, we should be running a lot better; with more wins on the board and better wins on the board. We may be in 5th right now, but we look like we could get humiliated by almost any club in the comp.

rnabokov only tells it how he sees it.

People need to realise that the Broncos are no longer the glamour team that they used to be. That is why we have only got 4 players in the preliminary World Cup squad, and coupled with the injuries and suspensions we have had this year, the fact we are less than 3 wins off 1st is a fair effort and we are still 4 weeks out from the finals and all of a sudden, after 1 narrow loss, without 3 of our senior players, we have no chance?? [icon_shru

And we have lost the 2 best props in 2 seasons, a world class 2nd rower, world class hooker. Had the best player in the world, and first run 5/8th and skipper out half the season, been through Origin, had internal drama at the club all year and still 5th. 3 points behind 4th.

And we only won the comp 2 seasons ago. [icon_shru Real under performers those Broncos! Need to win every year!!! _woohoo_ :roll:

LOLZ. On paper? I posted in another thread, won't repeat, however on paper we aren't that great anymore!!! People need to rtealise this!!! On paper, how many of our pack are reps? And I mean, CURRENT reps, not Parker and Carroll!

Hannant, Thaiday. That's it. Not really leaders either are they? Whats 7 Lockyer's going to do with no space playing behind a beaten pack?

P.S. Eastwood is technically a rep, but only because NZ are so lacking. He'd never crack Origin.

I just think we've had to many injuries and suspensions. We lost Tate, so you take Hodges out aswell and we've lost both of our representative centres. Lockyer thrives on having someone like Hodges out wide, so he is absolutely vital to our success. The whole bit about our forwards is true, but it's not the reason we lost on the weekend. They muscled up against the Warriors, we've played the sharks and the raiders in the past few weeks who also have pretty big packs and had no issues.

renouf said:
The whole bit about our forwards is true, but it's not the reason we lost on the weekend. They muscled up against the Warriors

Must have been watching different games.

I agree with some of the above points, but it's also clear to me and this weekend's game was a clear example that we DO have a good enough team to be winning more than we are. Some like to blame the ref or give the other side a wrap, but the simple truth is that we were every bit good enough to win, and yet we failed to do so. We gave away penalties, dropped the ball and fell off tackles that we should not have. The team IS good enough, just doesn't KNOW it ... and that is a problem.

Chumba said:
I agree with some of the above points, but it's also clear to me and this weekend's game was a clear example that we DO have a good enough team to be winning more than we are. Some like to blame the ref or give the other side a wrap, but the simple truth is that we were every bit good enough to win, and yet we failed to do so. We gave away penalties, dropped the ball and fell off tackles that we should not have. The team IS good enough, just doesn't KNOW it ... and that is a problem.

Upsets in sport happen each and every week, particularly in Rugby League. Did Melbourne fans call their season over after they lost to the Sharks and the Roosters early in the year?

I guess all this comotion comes down to the winning culture at the Broncos. Our success over the last 20 years has the fans expecting us to be top dog every season. That might've been possible 10 years ago, but with the way the game has changed that is simply not possible.

And don't forget we hit a hurdle in 2006 when we lost to the Dragons in week 1 of the finals. Plenty of time to get it right boys and girls.

Hammo said:
renouf said:
The whole bit about our forwards is true, but it's not the reason we lost on the weekend. They muscled up against the Warriors

Must have been watching different games.

Must have.. I lost count of the amount of times they dropped the ball, also very disjointed out wide in attack. The NZ media described it as physical encounter - to me that says we matched them in the forwards.

I'm telling you, no Hodges, no chance. Who was the player that turned the Bronco's season around in 06? Hodges of course. T

The Rock said:
footymad said:
Who was the player that turned the Bronco's season around in 06?

Um Lockyer, Webcke, Civonceva, and Berrigan!

Um no.
There wouldn't be any player in the team that would've made the break that Hodges did against the Bulldogs.
If Hodges didn't make the break, Wayne wouldn't even be the coach now.

What about that play by Hodges in the 06 semi final against the dogs? he set that try up when we looked gone

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.