Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

All those saying Milford should be 1. Who would our 6 be and would they be a better 6 than kahu/hodges is at 1.
What about Milford's performanc tonight was bad enough to warrant moving him?
His kicking game was average but he had 2 good grubbers.
His running game and short passing to Glenn was great and really ran them off their feet in the second half. He did tonight what we were all hoping Barba would do last season by sniffing around the ruck.

On a side note J Offa is trying to prove Bennett wrong and IMO is on the cusp of a bench spot over Gavet.

I would say that Gavet did enough to deserve a round 1 spot, I think he could take Dodds spot on the bench.

That was a pretty entertaining game, and I could feel my heart through my chest in golden point. Good to see Hodges come into that roving role when we're in our own attacking zone. Put on the try for Maranta and almost put on another two. I thought Hunt's decisions late in the game were excellent and after a poor start Milford looked like he's going to be dangerous late in games. Epic defense and McCullough looks sharper in attack. Good all-round performance. Probably the only major disappointment was Whitchurch, but can't image he'll play all that often unless we have a terrible run of injuries in the outside backs.

All those saying Milford should be 1. Who would our 6 be and would they be a better 6 than kahu/hodges is at 1.
What about Milford's performanc tonight was bad enough to warrant moving him?

That's the million dollar problem isn't it. Don't think we have anyone standing out for the 6.
And it wasn't that he was bad (although very quiet first half), it's just that he's better positioned to find the offloads into broken play when standing in the middle of the field.

Like what Nikorima brought to game when he came on, Bennett knows what he is doing.

1. Glenn
2. Hodges (Fewer big moments but each of them Contributed greatly to us winning that game)
3. Milford

Honorable mention: McGuire.

That Burgess try wasn't Hodges fault it was Vidot's
Hodges shouldn't have been marking up on both their centre and winger.
Charnley is aster than him as is. Vidot committed to a man three in which isn't his job particularly when he has a team mate on his inside that can help him cover.

I had my doubts about Blair, but I thought he had a very solid game. He was good defensively and made some good runs. He shows he has quite an offload in him and it should be used more often.

I enjoyed the game. That defense was good to see.

A bit of a bizarre finish.

I thought they really missed Copley, Reed and Gillet. I'm happy with the win though. Who got man of the match?

I don't think they mentioned it. They ended the broadcast pretty quickly..

It's a shame we didn't get to see Copley, Reed and Oates out there.

Looked a bit pedestrian in attack early, but that's to be expected in their first real game. Some solid defense, good individual performances all across the park.

Some shoddy refereeing and biased commentating - felt just like the NRL at times!

Last edited:
I had my doubts about Blair, but I thought he had a very solid game. He was good defensively and made some good runs. He shows he has quite an offload in him and it should be used more often.

I enjoyed the game. That defense was good to see.

A bit of a bizarre finish.

If we are going to play the more mobile style of foward game then offloading ability is what we want, McGuire, Blair and Parker are all good offloaders.

Looked a bit pedestrian in attack early, but that's too be expected in their first real game. Some solid defense, good individual performances all across the park.

Some shoddy refereeing and biased commentating - felt just like the NRL at times!

At times it even felt like SOO Blues biased commentary.

thought we handled extra time well. looked like we had a plan. both field goal attempts, while poor shots (must be hard kicking in the mud) were set up for quite well and the kickers had time. bit of a change from some of the frantic messes of last season.

wigan were offside ALOT towards the end of that game. seemed like ref was giving them a 7 metre defensive line and us 10. lol

Honestly, that commentary at times was no different than what we put up with from Gus.

I thought that was a pretty good effort, we had everything going against us, a long plane trip, horrid weather, dreadful pitch and an english referee who didn't seem to bother with 10 metres. On a better pitch we come away with a bigger and easier win IMO.

Milford should remain at 6 for mine, he showed in that second half he just needs to work out his role and best way to play in the team, we just need to give him time.

Kahu was great, as was big Sam which is pleasing to say.

Macca was a bit quiet and our kicking is still poo, not sure what Wayne can do about the kicking, I don't think its Milfords or Hunts speciality and it looks like it will be something we will continue to struggle with this year.

Overall tho I think that was a pretty good hit out with everything stacked against us.

Honestly, that commentary at times was no different than what we put up with from Gus.

haha. the commentary bias doesnt worry me. it was a good laugh at times. when broncos were being awarded a soft penalty and hte commentator was like "Ohhhhhh nooooooooooo". hilarious

I thought they really missed Copley, Reed and Gillet. I'm happy with the win though. Who got man of the match?

It was that bloke that clearly moved in the way of Kahu and got penalised (rightfully, even though the commentators didn't agree) who got man of the match.

I love the commentators saying that Kahu needs to take a good hard look at himself after he was taken out.

our kicking is still poo, not sure what Wayne can do about the kicking, I don't think its Milfords or Hunts speciality and it looks like it will be something we will continue to struggle with this year.

hunt did say earlier this year he was disappointed with his kicking game last year and knows it needs to improve, and that he's been working on it. agree it was alot of the times a weak spot in the match today, will get better hopefully

Active Now

• BooKhaki
  • NSW stables
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • Jedhead
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  • LittleDavey
  • kman
  • Mister Wright
  • Fozz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.