Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
The entire side was impressive. When the hell have you seen a side minus their starting half play that dominantly in fricking February? The boys looked like they were picking up where they left off last year. Yeah I know it wasn't against the top side but a sign of a good side is how they punish inferior teams... guess what, we punished them with conviction.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
The poms had no idea how to stop our backline sweep

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
He won't take on the line as much with McGuire fit. His runs increased 50% immediately when McGuire went down. He did the same thing at the Tigers when Woods was out for 5-6 games. When Woods came back, Blair reverted to the style of game he played before Woods' injury.

McGuire played thismorning, I understand your point but our best team is Blair and McGuire starting in the front row with Thaiday off the bench. If Blair is going to be a prop he needs to act like a prop not shovel the ball off late to avoid half of the hitups, potentially taking teammates off-guard and forcing errors. There is a time and a place to offload and to force the pass; one of his skills is certainly to pass at the line. But he needs to pick his moments better, he was not been on point through the Nines or thismorning.

As I said, I hope it's just a case of saving himself for the season proper, and I have faith in Bennett to rectify anything he's not happy with.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
You know. . Everyone are talking about how bad wigan were but really, i chalk a lot of it up to how much pressure we applied.

There were a lot of forced errors then a few unforced that were a result of fatigue and them succumbing to our pressure.

We could easily make NRL teams look the same playing the way we played. We looked genuinely like a top 4 side again.

Wigan played with heart and muscle but were just outclassed. Wigan would have easily competed with plenty of teams playing how they did.

We were too clinical. Too classy.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
McGuire played thismorning, I understand your point but our best team is Blair and McGuire starting in the front row with Thaiday off the bench. If Blair is going to be a prop he needs to act like a prop not shovel the ball off late to avoid half of the hitups, potentially taking teammates off-guard and forcing errors. There is a time and a place to offload and to force the pass; one of his skills is certainly to pass at the line. But he needs to pick his moments better, he was not been on point through the Nines or thismorning.

As I said, I hope it's just a case of saving himself for the season proper, and I have faith in Bennett to rectify anything he's not happy with.

Could be the way he wants him to play. Lateral, moving the ball.

McGuire does the yardage and blair goes in to offload and ball play in the second quarter when fatigue starts setting in.

His defense was again outstanding - on and off the ball player. This simply could be his role.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
The entire side was impressive. When the hell have you seen a side minus their starting half play that dominantly in fricking February? The boys looked like they were picking up where they left off last year. Yeah I know it wasn't against the top side but a sign of a good side is how they punish inferior teams... guess what, we punished them with conviction.

The roosters, yesterday ;)

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Could be the way he wants him to play. Lateral, moving the ball.

McGuire does the yardage and blair goes in to offload and ball play in the second quarter when fatigue starts setting in.

His defense was again outstanding - on and off the ball player. This simply could be his role.

Quite possibly, all our second rowers are capable of making metres.

Don't get me wrong, I really rate Blair - just been a bit disappointed with his ball running lately. Agree with his defence, he's been rock solid. And as I said, I don't doubt Bennett will fix anything he's not happy with, just making the observation.

R

Reidy87

U18 Player
Apr 23, 2014
Re. Kodi and being likely to leave next year...

I was thinking the same thing, especially if he watches his kid brother play well in a starting half position at the chooks this year... No way will he be happy to stay a bench utility you'd think...

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
NRL.com have the entire Roosters v St Helens game on their site so I guess they will eventually put the Broncos game on too.

Yep, its up on NRL.com
https://www.nrl.com/world-club-series-wigan-v-broncos-1/tabid/11330/tab/3/contentid/821793/default.aspx

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Just wanted to also press for any opinions on whether the Broncos win against Wigan showed Brisbane to be a better team than the Roosters. Humorously both Brisbane and Sydney City had a key half missing and filled it with a Nikorima, but IMO Wigan seemed a better side than St Helens. Brisbane for mine appeared to be just as good as last season. Sydney looked mighty good too though. Should be a great couple of late season rematches there in Rds 21 and 26 but with injuries etc. anything can happen. Fingers crossed.

Thoughts?

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I have to say I enjoyed the commentary from the Skysports commentators far more than Channel 9. It was so refreshing not to have constant banter between the commentators about which player is Rabs' favourite, or some lunatic constantly saying, "No, no, no, no, no" and whinging about the rules in modern rugby league. It was also nice not to have bumbling idiots joking about getting drunk all the time in their day or about how cold it is. It was nice to hear commentators commentating the game and giving an insight to local players.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I have to say I enjoyed the commentary from the Skysports commentators far more than Channel 9. It was so refreshing not to have constant banter between the commentators about which player is Rabs' favourite, or some lunatic constantly saying, "No, no, no, no, no" and whinging about the rules in modern rugby league. It was also nice not to have bumbling idiots joking about getting drunk all the time in their day or about how cold it is. It was nice to hear commentators commentating the game and giving an insight to local players.

What about the old dictating terms by king wally? Classic channel 9

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lozza
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.