POST GAME World Club Series - Wolves vs Broncos

Many a wry smile, jeez.

nigel_pinchley.png

Poms are the worst.

The worst work manager I've ever had was a pom. You will never find a bigger prick in your wildest dreams

That's equivalent to 110 metres. We play on 120 metre pitches. Its a massive difference when it comes to in goal kicks. (just ask the team that come over here to play the roosters a couple of years ago) Also, don't they teach you guys over there how to play the ball properly? It was like watching tunnel ball. And yes we will disagree with the 7 metres on side.

Apologies that should have been 120m. Whilst our stadium is certainly no Suncorp, please accept my assurances that we do not have a small pitch!

http://www.mywarrington.me.uk/warrington_wolves.htm
http://www.seriousaboutrl.com/venue/halliwell-jones-stadium/
http://openbuildings.com/buildings/halliwell-jones-stadium-profile-16593?_show_description=1

Or Broncos kicking was too long....Some kicking was way too long.
You cant play on your own pitch every week
Broncos trained on the pitch and on the reserve team pitch which has the same 5m in goals.
Would you be complaining if you had won?

Broncos trained on the pitch and on the reserve team pitch which has the same 5m in goals.
This is a Broncos fan page unless you wanna contribute to that tell ya story walkin lol

It's not even to do with this game. I cringe every time I watch a game played with those shitty in goals.

I complain every time any NRL team has to play with those shit house short in goals, it's dangerous and limits the potential for awesome aerial tries.

If you lot had to come to Suncorp for these glorified trial matches, the usual cricket scores the NRL teams put on your lot would double.

Don't care about the short in goals , it was the dodgy 10m and Warrington getting off their line way to early . The fact you guys completed at 95% is why I'm ok with the result .

The short in goals are quite dangerous but I guess there's not much to be done considering the circumstances over there.

No one gives a **** about the Warrington Wolves they are still shit in my mind, the in goal is ridiculous small, wolves were off side every tackle and ref was extremely bias all game.

Settle down and respect everyone's opinions

As Bennett said, this shows us what we need, to get things right, nines didn't.
The fact Warrington came at us like a bat out of hell has given us some baptism for the beginning of the season.

Seriously, please spend a little longer on this site because when the boys win, they still get bagged, sometimes even worse for not getting repeat sets but tries instead.

Seriously, please spend a little longer on this site because when the boys win, they still get bagged, sometimes even worse for not getting repeat sets but tries instead.
That's a stupid statement and you know it.

Not being capable of keeping an opponent under pressure when we need to, or having an alternative game plan when the opposition is subduing our halves running game, has very little to do with scoring tries instead of getting repeat sets... because we're definitely not doing either!

As a Warrington fan who attended the game on Saturday i'd like to start by praising the conduct of the Brisbane players who were a credit to their club all week. The likes of Thaiday and Gillett were sporting in defeat and went to great lengths to spend time with the fans after the match, giving away their boots etc and were given a great reception by the home fans.

The reaction of some of the Brisbane fans on here hasn't been as sporting, and frankly has been a bit embarrassing in some cases. There seems to be a deep ignorance about our club and players which is typified by the comments about the "small Warrington pitch" which is demonstrably untrue given the pitch is actually the maximum size permitted at 120 yards long and 74 yards wide... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halliwell_Jones_Stadium

I would also obviously disagree that Warrington were only back 7 yards all game (particularly given the pitch size) but i accept that we'll have to disagree on this. It is certainly a familiar excuse/reason whenever an English team beats an Aussie team.

As for the match itself, obviously i'm pleased to get the win, particularly given we are missing 3 of our top 5 players at the moment and looked dreadful in our first game last week. Before the match i expected Brisbane to be tough to beat, however i was surprised by the lack of creativity in the halves/backline and i thought that we managed to contain your forwards pretty comfortably which was less of a surprise because we have a very good pack ourselves (even without Hill and Currie).

It's pleasing that 2 of the 3 tries were from kicks which shows our defence handled most of what Brisbane threw at us, with the other being a terrible one-on-one miss from Atkins.

For Brisbane i thought McCullough got through a mountain of work albeit didnt offer much in attack, Gillett showed a couple of classy touches and Roberts has the ability to punish the slightest lapse in concentration but was targeted to good effect in defence. Milford strikes me as a luxury player who will look amazing when things are going his way, but struggles to pull a team out of a hole when things get tough. I imagine you'll be better for having Blair and Sims in to give you some go-forward and hopefully Hunt will put this down as a tough day at the office and can rediscover a kicking game for Round 1 - i expect he doesn't come up against a team that pressure kicks as well as Warrington most weeks as we have made this a real feature of our game.

Good luck in 2017 and hopefully we can play again soon for the tag of World Champs!

Great post, good luck to your boys this year as well.

Warrington remain winless in the Super League, after losing their second game of the season 30 points to 22 against Castleford.

Former Bronco Greg Eden dotted down for Castleford in a strong offensive display by the Tigers.

Warrington remain winless in the Super League, after losing their second game of the season 30 points to 22 against Castleford.

Former Bronco Greg Eden dotted down for Castleford in a strong offensive display by the Tigers.
Did you watch it? The pre-game was all about how magical last weekend was. They are delusional.

Warrington really struggled with the whole standing ten metres back this week. It was weird seeing Phil Bentham enforce it. I think we really missed the services of Greg Eden. He would have been a difference maker if he was still with us.

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dexter
  • Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • Rough and Ready
  • Manofoneway
  • Astro
  • Bronx48
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Mick_Hancock
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Stix
  • theshed
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Mitchell_Broncos
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • FACTHUNT
... and 42 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.