Contributor
May 5, 2016
giphy.gif

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Shock horror! Guy who dropped our premiership hopes gets bagged out more than other guy!

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
because Hunt is our whipping boy, Milford has a free pass
Don't worry, come 2018 milford will be no.1 wipping boy. Hunt will be gone. Whoever takes over has the "new guy" excuse, and no one will come close to him on the salary cap. If they win a premiership, they'll start saying why did we let hunt go? If they dont he's all that left to blame., barring a perfect 2018 season ending in a premiership, that is. And with a new half that not likely.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Shock horror! Guy who dropped our premiership hopes gets bagged out more than other guy!

the "other guy" is the more talented, higher paid player though, yet even when he plays as bad as or worse than Hunt, he is immune from criticism

J

johnny plath

QCup Player
Jul 16, 2014
Hunt good?????? Two charged down kicks and kicking it dead is not good.
his two efforts at marker were particularly bad for 2 of warringtons tries.... just dumb basics.... don't know what to read into that if he doesn't give a ****, or just a bad day

P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
Do player get all the blame for poor performance. Do coach get some blame too. Now Broncos don't have Stephen Kearney as assistant coach. Broncos defence was bad in this game. Everyone say that it's just trial game. Just in 10 days Broncos playing against sharks. They don't have lot of time. They better fix their defence and workout their attack. Or Their gone be long season ahead.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
the "other guy" is the more talented, higher paid player though, yet even when he plays as bad as or worse than Hunt, he is immune from criticism

He's not immune from criticism. He gets plenty. There are different degrees of expectation for the two, rightly or wrongly. Ben Hunt at one point was the future of the Broncos. And now he's not. The fans have more patience for Milf, rightly or wrongly.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Really glad I didn't wake up early for that game, good lord.

Backs -

Milford & Hunt were both 1/10's for me, **** all involvement, countless errors, terrible kicking, looked disinterested.
Kahu was horrible on the left edge, looked so lethargic, maybe his great goal kicking took away 90% of his intensity.
Boyd tried, not much help around him.
Mead & Roberts were at least trying to get involved in the game, kudos to them for making an effort.
Oates was Oates, rocks and diamonds.

Forwards -

Ofahengaue & Ese'ese were underwhelming, both below what I was hoping for.
McGuire was meh, ran hard, but validated my point of him not having any sort of ball playing ability.
Gillett & Thaiday were decent, not too worried about them.
Glenn was Glenn.
Pangai Jr, Fai & Arrow all looked quite good actually, Fai was arguably our best forward, ran hard, tackled hard, got involved as much as he could. Arrow made a few nice runs and was his usual self defensively, I think he out played McGuire in his short stint.

Overall -

Terrible performance, let's hope it was just the pre-season cobwebs that we were getting rid of, if we play similarly against the Sharks in Round 1 we'll lose by 50. I maintain my belief that Milford is playing heavier than he should be, absolutely not even close to the same electric running and footwork that he had in 2014 & 2015.

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
We
BHQ Records are set to release an album in 2017. The first single is a cover of the song We Didn't Start the Fire

Barba sucks, Beales knee, Blairs no good, Hunt's fault
Kennedy is soft, Clinton's flop, Civos gone, Hunt's fault
Dropley, Gagai's late, Waynes new date
Wallys sacked, Glenn should go, Thaiday's fat,
Boyd is sad, Hunt can't kick, Hoffmans a dick, Hunt's bad
Hodges gone, Hodges back, 2013 can't attack
Hunt can't play, Feldts away, Hunt's fault
There is Kunt, Tallis is a ****, who dropped the ball? Ben Hunt
Wingers in rugby, Carl Webbs a thug-by, Gorden Tallis needs a hug-by
Maccas average, Pat Savage, Sims dropped ball
Roberts in trouble, Roberts in trouble, Roberts in trouble
Alf on tables, Ash Taylor fables, Toilet sex, what's next?

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since Ben Hunts been playing
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we saw him do it

Well thanks for nothing Cultie ,ya little pisser! You now owe me a new type writer after reading your post with a mouth full of coffee an it ending up all over it ! Absolutely brilliant!

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Same old story, halves can't function without space. Will continue to be dominated until there is consistent go forward.

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
Just finish watching the foxtel replay. Well that was simply a diabolical performance. I really don't believe we have any chance of a premiership this year, in fact, we are no chance. To make matter worse, I also lost a substantial amount of money on a broncos win by 20 plus. Absolute team of peanuts this current mob!

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Just finish watching the foxtel replay. Well that was simply a diabolical performance. I really don't believe we have any chance of a premiership this year, in fact, we are no chance. To make matter worse, I also lost a substantial amount of money on a broncos win by 20 plus. Absolute team of peanuts this current mob!
Harsh but I don't totally disagree. Things can change in a hurry in RL but the Broncos have their work cut out to be even considered as slight title contenders.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
Whilst I'll give you it was a bad game and theres a lot to work on, it is pre-season, and this is why you play pre-season games: to find who can play, who cant , what needs to be worked on, etc. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. We've now learnt where some of these players stand and are all the better for it.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
ITT: field lengths, zippy hookers and conspiracies.

They better get their shit sorted for Round 1.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
You were spot on, I was wrong as usual. I am often guilty of thinking this Bronco side has more capability than they actually do. Must be the fanboy in me.

To be fair mate in the past I have gone into games underestimating what I have considered poor competition and been made to look like a fool and sometimes its not even the opposition but ourselves that beat us. These are the type of losses that annoys me the most, just nothing constructive to take away from.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
This might sound crazy but I am putting this down to a conspiracy. That refereeing was too bad to not be intentional. Australians have been questioning whether it's worth going overseas and playing games in England, it does nothing for us but we do it to help them. We keep going over there and flogging them and for what? So the super league have decided to make the games seem closer so they don't look like a waste of time.

The wolves were back 7 metres all night and were given more leeway in the ruck than fat Sam Kasiano. The Broncos haven't been allowed a quick play the ball in years and this morning was no different. Mike Cooper threw blatant punches with no consequences and you see yellow cards for punches all the time. That scrum penalty? If the half sits there for 20 seconds doing nothing a scrum is bound to break down.

A few Broncos players need to start round 1 in Q cup. They all need to be in the same team though. Mead, Milford, Hunt, McGuire, ofa, Ese'ese and Roberts don't deserve locked in spots this year at all and if we lose round 1 but send a lesson to our team that they need to step up then so be it.

The whole hunt bashing crap has me embarrassed to be a Broncos fan. No way in hell was Milford better this morning. Milford did nothing except offload a ball to Oates and was invisible apart from his kicks that went dead. He doesn't deserve the free pass he gets because he killed it for half of last season, then disappeared. Warrington were well offside for both of Hunts kicks that were charged down.

Boyd was quiet but I think he was trying to get a feel for everything again. He will come good. Mead, lol. A few guys on here had me expecting more. Oates didn't seem to make as many metres after contact. Would be hard when the opposition were 7m back. Kahu is a winger. Average is the only word that can describe his form over the last year. His kicking looks good though. Roberts is an idiot. He can't tackle and leaves too big of a gap in our defensive line. Is it worth it for his speed that he shows off every third game? I don't think so.

Ofa and Ese'ese had no impact. Would have been a different game with Blair and Sims. I don't think either did enough to earn a spot in the 17. McCullough was our best player by a long way. Defended well, ran well, kicked well. He needs to be more involved with our kicking this year.

Gillett and Thaiday played well. Thaiday was our only starting forward that looked like he wanted to run hard and Gillett is a monster in defence. McGuire is a prop. Doesn't have the skills to be a lock.

TPJ and Fai looked like they wanted to be out there. They definitely played better than the starting props. TPJ is going to be a beast. Glenn was good, definitely made an impact. I'd give him the lock spot to start the season. Arrow was also good, I'd like to see more of his running game though. Looks like he has the skill set to play lock eventually.

All of this, except no conspiracy. No one needed to conspire, it's always biased as ****, Warrington just clued up early and knew they'd get every call.

I don't know if Blair is that good, or the team are just used to having such a solid #10 and can't adapt when he's not there, but he is by far the most important player in our defensive line.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Xzei
  • Griffo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncos4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • Rambstien
  • Robboi_321
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.