World Club Series

It sort of bugs me people are just writing this game off.

Fair go, the game is on at 6am in the morning down here, nobody is going to give it their full attention especially when we're dealing with some shocking weather but it was actually a pretty solid contest that will end up being better than a lot of NRL games we'll see this season.

I thought the Dragons played well. Sure, they were flattered somewhat by some feeble defence but they still had to repel some enterprising play by the Wolves and they rarely blinked in the first half. I thought Marshall's kicking game was on-point and it nullified whatever advantage the Wolves had on attack and eventually lead to the match-winner for Dugan.

Wolves really only have themselves to be disappointed with. They shouldn't have conceded those first two tries and some of their play really un-did a lot of their good work, mostly from the backs. Personally, I expected more from Daryl Clark. He's one of the best players over there but he just didn't ask enough questions of the Dragons defence and couldn't capitilise on some of the good work we saw from Warrington.

Man of the Match would have been tough to pick. Personally, I would have gone with Marshall on the back of his kicking game but Dugan and Thompson deserve their share of credit as well. If Marshall can keep his form up, you never know, the Dragons could improve on their 11th placed finish from last year and cause a few teams some headaches.

Any online highlights for this game?

Another terrible pitch. I don't remember them being this bad at the WC.

And Stewart may have scored from a grubber and it should be a try.

0-6

Souths willing to play their usual style despite playing on a terrible pitch. Should be an entertaining game.

And George Burgess knocks on from the kick off...

Great defense from Souths.

St Helens spread the ball wide and looked like they would score in the corner but the cover defense shut it down and forced them over the sideline.

It appears every call that goes against an English side is dubious...

Souths got a penalty and took the two.

0-8

What a try saver by Luke and the commentators sound stunned that it wasn't a try despite clear evidence showing it wasn't.

Last edited:
Souths are dominating this game.

Reynolds slices through and passes it to Walker who was too elusive for the defense and scores close to the corner.

0-12

And an error in their own half costs St Helens.

Goodwin gets on the outside of a defender and he offloads it back in to Inglis who scored.

0-18

Tremendous defense from Saints there.

They force Souths back in goal from a kick off. Exactly what you needed to do to try and get back in the game.

Souths defense is just too good for St Helens.

This could be a repeat of the St Helens vs Roosters game..

Last edited:
And Souths score again. The cross field kick bounced perfectly for Reddy.

0-24

Souths are absolutely murdering St Helens.

Saints may have scored but it looked like he dropped it.

Half Time

St Helens 0-24 Rabbitohs.

Active Now

• RodF
  • LittleDavey
  • broncoscope
  • sooticus
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Harry Sack
  • heartly87
  • Kev_Guz
  • Browny
  • broncs30
  • achievedrap
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
  • Behold
  • Bish
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.