World Cup 2018/2022

I actually read something that says that theres still a chance they will delay the 2022 announcement until 2012.

I see we used Elle Macpherson and Crocodile Dundee in our campaigns, whilst the US had Bill Clinton and Morgan Freeman!

pennywisealfie said:
*I can harp on all i like about how i think English football is rubbish, but i have mad respect for how they have europes best behaved crowds, leaving the 80s as a forgotten memory.

Profound words in June Penny [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Fucking joke. Corrupt *****.

I'll get to Qatar in a minute, but first of all I'd like to just say **** FIFA and your band of corrupt bastard officials. Anglophobia within strikes again, the English can do no right (although the FA and Tabloids didn't help). The birthplace of football and such a safe option given the stadia and facilities available, instead they choose one of the most backwards countries in Europe.

Now, Qatar.

.............WHAT THE ****?!?!?

As I said on facebook, after the bribery claims the corrupt scumbags at FIFA must have decided to take the piss. Playing a world cup in 50 degree heat..... yeah, great Idea. Arseholes.

Im starting to really really lose it with football.

This could be easily the worst choice for a hosting nation bid of all time. All week bookies have been letting anyone who wanted to know about the constantly shortening odds for both Russia for 2018 and Qatar for 2022. It got to the stage where both countries were so odds on for the respective World Cups that it was truly something to take note of.

Fast forward to the so called "bid voting" and even an hour before the supposedly "secret" ballot and results were to be revealed we had news agencies all over the world and very strong mail that the Qataris had it. They were even reportedly seen embracing each other.

In the wash up, it comes out that in the first round of voting, Qatar managed to get 11 VOTES. You need 12 votes out of 20 voters to all agree on a host country over the four rounds of voting. 11/20 in the first round! Qatar was EASILY the worst option in terms of population, venue capability, security and atmospheric conditions for all involved. It ranked stone motherless last on the official reports and critiques of all the bidding nations for 2022.

We all know that money and money only makes the world go round. There has to be a limit to what money can buy however. This is the worst possible country to hold the cup out of any of the applicants, and I daresay the worst possible out of any nation you like, except the African countries.

Absolutely blatant corruption is the ONLY thing which could have secured the landslide votes for Qatar and Russia in 2018. Qatar was truly the worst possible outcome, yet it came out the undisputable winner. FIFA is, to no one's surprise, affording a World Cup to anyone who has the deepest pockets and the Qataris most certainly do. Not only in terms of what they can appease Blatter and his band of merry men with in the bidding for the cup, but also in terms of what the fully loaded suitcases they can distribute around to all the voters on the 20 strong list.

This whole "voting" process is, unsurprisingly, a farce. FIFA knew what they wanted and who they'd decided on months ago. FIFA knows who they want for the most generated profit in hosting the cup and FIFA also knows who they want in the big games. What FIFA wants, FIFA gets. Just ask Australia back in Germany in 2006, Australia and dare I say England in South Africa and all the other "bidding nations" of this latest hosting campaign.

Absolute corruption of the very highest order. After this, anyone and anywhere can lay claim to hosting future World Cups. A committee wouldn't even have to prepare an official report. Just set Blatter and co aside and show them the big dollars in a nice case and it's all yours.

FIFA WORLD CUP 2026 - SILENCE'S STREET

Although I am dissapointed about the result and I must admit when I first heard the result my initial reaction was "What about security"? I was distraught because I was planning on taking my future family to a few matches.

But now that I think about it I have realised they have 12 years to improve the security, infrastructure etc. That is obviously something they will be working hard on over the years to come.

The result will surely be a boost for the countries popularity, reputation and let the country to be more known on the world stage. It will obviously bring in more money from the crowd attending the cup. Hopefully they spend it wisely. They love their football over there (mabye not as much as other countries) and it will surely prove to be good move.

I like many others hope that the move is a success.

Russia? Same thing. They are obviously more advanced than Quatar but still could do with improved infrastructure.

Heres to 2026 icon_thumbs_u

Hatchy said:
Although I am dissapointed about the result and I must admit when I first heard the result my initial reaction was "What about security"? I was distraught because I was planning on taking my future family to a few matches.

But now that I think about it I have realised they have 12 years to improve the security, infrastructure etc. That is obviously something they will be working hard on over the years to come.

The result will surely be a boost for the countries popularity, reputation and let the country to be more known on the world stage. It will obviously bring in more money from the crowd attending the cup. Hopefully they spend it wisely. They love their football over there (mabye not as much as other countries) and it will surely prove to be good move.

Russia? Same thing. They are obviously more advanced than Quatar but still could do with improved infrastructure.

That's your most mature, well formulated post of all time Hatchy. Well done.

Silence said:
Hatchy said:

That's your most mature, well formulated post of all time Hatchy. Well done.
Thanks mate. i could have gone on but I thought I made my point clear

I am gutted by this decision. I would have stomached losing to Japan, Korea or the USA because they were all very good options who have proved in the past they can handle World Cups/Olympics. Corruption has to come into this because why do they bother going to the bidding nations and coming up with a list of concerns but then still vote for the one candidate that had a long list of very serious risks. I just cannot fathom how Qatar could possibly be the best option for a World Cup unless the pockets of the important voters got heavily lined in the voting process. I have to congratulate the Aussie bid team because they have been pretty honest and haven't bagged other bidders and haven't acted with sour grapes like the Americans have.

Now Qatar......
- It is 50c there in summer
- Is in the middle of a very dangerous region of the world
- The region (not singling out Qatar) has a heavy resentment and lack of acceptance to Westerners
- The country has a clear history of oppressing its women
- They have never actually qualified for a World Cup nor have they ever gone particularly close to doing so
- They are building stadiums with air conditioning and tearing them down straight after the games

Australia........
- Mild temperatures in June/July
- Very safe country voted the World's second most livable recently
- We are a Western country so the majority of the fans coming won't be intimidated or worried about coming here
- We are fully democratic and our women can wear what they want, vote and basically be completely independent
- We have qualified for 3 World Cups including the last 2 and are now firmly in the World's top 50
- Our stadiums are already there and would only need the odd upgrade to meet the full requirements

How anyone could from a voter point of view could find objectively that Qatar was the best option is beyond a joke, its disgusting.

Cracking post, Brizz. Agree with every point you make.

In fact, from what I'm reading on some other forums, most people (not just Australians!) agree that Australia should have been awarded the hosting rights. Every time I think about, I can't help but feel angry and sad that we're not going to have another chance to bid for another 30 years or so.

i reeeeally liked Japans bid. even tho they recently had the world cup, the fact that they were gonna set up hologram matches in stadiums around the world would have been epic!

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • Alec
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • MrRobot
  • Stix
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • Porthoz
  • BruiserMk1
  • Galah
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Johnny92
  • Kev_Guz
  • Aldo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Wolfie
  • Rambstien
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.