World Cup Poll

Would the RL WC be more exciting (and viable) if instead of Australia, we had QLD & NSW sides?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I understand that it detracts from an "International" flavour, by not having Australia, the host nation, as a team. I just think it would be far more exciting and QLD would still dominate, however maybe NZ and England would have a chance of making the finals.

Also, it would detract from the appeal of Origin. I would still love to see it.

I would also love to see some sort of exhibition team take on QLD (or Australia) some time. Like a World XIII vs QLD or a World XIII vs. Australia game. I know this all sounds a little "exhibitionist", but remember up until 1982-83, QLD was still touring England, and in order to have competitive competition and sell tickets, Cricket Australia is playing World XI games this season, so why can't the NRL jump on the bandwagon?

QLD team for World Cup
QLD vs. Allstars XIII ftw!

absolute madness Hammo, this idea sucks.. It wouldn't be a world cup if QLD played in it. Australia is our nation and if we dominate so be it. NZ and GB are a chance if hell freezes over.

Instead of NZ, I'd rather see 1 team drawn from the Pacific Islands: PNG, NZ, Fiji, Tonga etc.

Pacific XIII vs QLD?

Would be a cracker!

If New South Wales played against Fiji, I'd back Fiji icon_thumbs_u

If a QRL XIII played against NSW, I'd back the QRL!

Good idea but why not just have a Australia Gold team and a Australia Green Team?
Just split up the players as evenly as you can. I will try naming two good Aus teams in a few mins.

Australia Green:
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Joel Monaghan
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Darren Lockyer (C)
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Danny Buderus
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Paul Gallen
==============
14. Glenn Stewart
15. Anthony Tupou
16. Luke O'donnell
17. Luke Lewis

Australia Gold:
1. Billy Slater
2. Brent Tate
3. Michael Jennings
4. Israel Folou
5. Darius Boyd
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Steve Price (C)
9. Cam Smith
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Nate Myles
13. Michael Crocker
==============
14. Ben Hannant
15. Ashley Harrison
16. Willie Mason
17. Kurt Gidley

Price vs Civinoceva?

The universe would break

I'd like to see a 3 way tournament every few years perhaps at the end of a season with Pacific Isles (NZ, Samoa, Tonga, Fiji) vs NSW vs QLD. That would be sweet. To have anything like that at the world cup would just trivialise it and make International league even more of a laughing stock.

Fark no. The international game is in poor enough shape as it is, can you imagine the field day the media (namely Channels Seven and Ten) would have if the WC final was Qld v NSW?

Pass.

It's an interesting concept, and I'd like to see it at the next World Cup. If teams like NZ, France and England can continue to build and strengthen themselves beforehand, it might help the international game to have Australia's talent divided.
Australia currently are unbeatable. NSW and Queensland are not. Perhaps retiring the Australian side for a few years and letting other nations win plaudits by beating our two rep sides would build the game's profile overseas a bit more.
However, there are a lot of reasons that I wouldn't like to see it, the main one being that it Victorians watching such a tournament would feel unrepresented.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Gaz
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.